Neiman Gracie vs Ed Ruth was Amazing

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Neiman Gracie fought Ed Ruth at Bellator last night as part of Bellator's welterweight tournament.

Gracie is obviously a legit BJJ black belt. Ed Ruth is a 3x D1 NCAA champion. While, both went into the fight undefeated, Ruth was expected to completely dominate and shut down Gracie, and Ruth was -400 on the betting lines.

Well, it didn't happen. I don't want to spoil too much, but let's just say BJJ is not dead in MMA. Amazing triangles, armbars, leglocks, and a ridiculous saddle entry attempt by Neiman in round 3.

One of the greatest displays of BJJ in MMA I have ever seen. Watch this fight immediately, and you won't be disappointed.

Was this only on DZN?

I read Neiman took Ruth down with a blast double. Nuts if true.

Watched the whole fight. Not disappointed at all.. wonderful display of Bjj, indeed.

I admit that I was a little disappointed in Ruth. I think he will have a better future, but his striking isn't where it should be.

He relies to much on his power and ability to hurt/scare his opponents, if he had a nice jab with some footwork, he could have avoided shots and clinches altogether. I believe Rory MacDonald will wipe the floor with Gracie though, he has all the striking that Ruth does not have yet.

Very good fight. It was interesting to watch Gjj up against high end wrestling and ultimately prevail. Ruth definitely didnt go quietly. His escape from Gracie's arm bar was pretty sick, and I could tell that Ruth was frustrating Gracie from top.

Watching Ruth live I definitely think he could have done a lot better. Not sure why he kept engaging neiman on the ground. But even on the feet he was getting tagged too lol.

He hit him with a blast double but Ruth immediately got on top. Happens at 2:00.
He doubled him in the fourth as well to get on top for the finishing sequence. Ruth was gassed to all hell by that point though.

Warms the heart to see a Gracie throwing effective low-kicks in MMA rather than being on the receiving end of them.

Loved watching this fight .. the way that Neiman kept chasing the submissions made for a fascinating watch..

Took a seminar with him after his last fight - he showed exactly how he got the arm triangle, it was awesome to see the fight and then learn how he won the fight.

Neiman is a great teacher and seems to be a good guy - I hope to see him capture the title in his next fight

This will probably be good for Ruth. It was his 1st dogfight and his 1st submission loss. As long as he can stay interested now that hes lost he will be just fine.

Neiman Gracie fought Ed Ruth at Bellator last night as part of Bellator's welterweight tournament.

Gracie is obviously a legit BJJ black belt. Ed Ruth is a 3x D1 NCAA champion. While, both went into the fight undefeated, Ruth was expected to completely dominate and shut down Gracie, and Ruth was -400 on the betting lines.

Well, it didn't happen. I don't want to spoil too much, but let's just say BJJ is not dead in MMA. Amazing triangles, armbars, leglocks, and a ridiculous saddle entry attempt by Neiman in round 3.

One of the greatest displays of BJJ in MMA I have ever seen. Watch this fight immediately, and you won't be disappointed.

I want to see now but I'll have to watch later.

I'm surprised at the number of times Ed willingly engaged him on the ground and how well he did considering he is a BJJ blue belt as well. Like how he got out of bad positions like that triangle in R1

Thought the ideal game plan for a wrestler would be to just keep the fight standing but he wanted it to go to the ground

He hit him with a blast double but Ruth immediately got on top. Happens at 2:00.

god ruths such a tough mother fucker hes just one of those guys who prove that the rnc is the greatest tool in all fighting some guys just wont tap to a triangle arm lock leg locks but a rnc idc who you are once its locked thats all she wrote which is why it and arm triangles are my most drilled attacks in mixed martial arts

He doubled him in the fourth as well to get on top for the finishing sequence. Ruth was gassed to all hell by that point though.

Warms the heart to see a Gracie throwing effective low-kicks in MMA rather than being on the receiving end of them.

I agree with Ruth looking gassed and Neumann looking fresh...maybe it was the weight cut.but maybe its Ruth's seemingly air of athletic arrogance that was his undoing people aren't just go I g to fold because you were a 3x champ take the fight to your opponent and die hard if it's not your day

For those who want to see it, this fight is available on demand on Dazn under "Best of Bellator on DAZN: 2018".

Back