Neil melanson

why do people always try to say his lineage is dodgy lol he trains very top level fighters is under gokor and karo they are very top grapplers i promise u he could take anyone on this forum and teach them things that would help them

While I'm a fan of Neil's stuff, I think where his lineage gets dodgy is that he gives out BJJ-style belts in his system (i.e. belts with sleeves, used only in BJJ) and as far as I know he has no BJJ background. Karo, Gokor, and Gene could certainly give him Judo rank and teach him tons of great submission grappling stuff, but they're not BJJ guys and I'm not sure he has any formal rank under them. So it is a little weird how he uses BJJ belts in his no-gi grappling system when he has no rank in any belted grappling art that I know of.

While I'm a fan of Neil's stuff, I think where his lineage gets dodgy is that he gives out BJJ-style belts in his system (i.e. belts with sleeves, used only in BJJ) and as far as I know he has no BJJ background. Karo, Gokor, and Gene could certainly give him Judo rank and teach him tons of great submission grappling stuff, but they're not BJJ guys and I'm not sure he has any formal rank under them. So it is a little weird how he uses BJJ belts in his no-gi grappling system when he has no rank in any belted grappling art that I know of.

i get it but its really the same shit he does the same positions just a little different i mean he has a great triangle game iv never seen a catch wrestler or judo guy with a good bottom triangle but yeah if he doesnt have rank he shouldnt be giving out rank i do think he deserves a black belt as far as knowledge does hes more technical than alot of black belts i know who have been promoted recently

Back