Neil Magny pens letter to UFC roster urging fighters to look out for each other

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“First I want to thank the UFC staff for working so hard to put this event together. Thank you guys, we really appreciate all you do.

“Second, I want to address fighter issues. We don’t need a group of fancy lawyers to speak for us, we need to speak up for one another. There are deals in place that may not please everyone and there’s not much we all can do about it. Instead of bitching about the things we can’t change, let’s work on the things that we can control within our reach. There are about 300 of us here this weekend posting about this athlete retreat on social media. By the end of the weekend, our posts will have reached millions of people.

“What if we all came together to support our colleagues the same way? If, say, Matt Brown has an idea, how well will it do if we supported it? And when the next guy has an idea, we support him or her? Let’s stop beating each other down outside of the cage and start helping each other.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/neil-magny/neil-magny-pens-letter-ufc-roster-urging-fighters-look/

Good luck.

We saw GSP and Cerrone get what they wanted and now you don't hear shit about that movement.

I wonder if Brock Lesnar will pay me for ghostwriting his book "The Echo of UFC 200: How I changed MMA world forever"

I agree with Neil Patrick Harris.

People are SO scared to rock the boat that it is hard to get people behind you on issues that are unpopular with the company you work for. This is not a unique problem to MMA fighters.

So what is he actually proposing that fighters should do.........? "Helping eachother" is too vague.

A Fighters Union would make the athletic commissions redundant. I hope it happens.

Must agree with Ed'O Neill

giphy.gif

Doesn't seem like he's being realistic, or even certain about what he expects. It would be swell if everyone were to establish the common good among themselves, and always had each other's best interests in mind, but that seems like too fanciful an idea to ever honestly hope to see.

Beat the shit out of each other but love one another.

there's been many a wars in MMA in which the two guys beat the shit out of each other but have an admiration or respect for one another after it is done.

Back