NEED URGENT ADVICE FOR MEAL PREPPING, PLEASE HELP OUT

Lol at the back and forth about who ate a healthier meal.

Hey dude, I'm in culinary school so I feel I have to help you! lol

First things first: The danger zone for food is between 40F to 140F so you will need to keep your food under 40F. You can only keep your food in the danger zone for about 2 hours (in total, non consecutive 2 hours). Count every minute the food is above 40F and/or below 140F. Remember the risk is greater when it's hot outside so you really need to figure it out a way to do this before summer time and honestly it might not even be worth the risk. Keep that in mind!

My suggestion involves freezing all your food. Is that something you could do? I don't want to explain my idea and tests you need to do and then find out you don't have access to a freezer lol Let me know if that's the case and will try to think about something else.

I don't have access to a microwave so freezing the food isn't doable. I work in the uppity, downtown area. I don't work around my way where there are a bunch of bodegas with microwaves.

I'm stuck between choosing to tryout a isobag cooler, yeti cooler, multiple Zijorushi lunch jars, or multiple 24 oz Thermos food jars. I'd be pissed if i splurged a large amount of money on these items and they don't live up to their claims...

I don't have access to a microwave so freezing the food isn't doable. I work in the uppity, downtown area. I don't work around my way where there are a bunch of bodegas with microwaves.

I'm stuck between choosing to tryout a isobag cooler, yeti cooler, multiple Zijorushi lunch jars, or multiple 24 oz Thermos food jars. I'd be pissed if i splurged a large amount of money on these items and they don't live up to their claims...

All of those items are bulky and don't work as well as advertised.

Is your place in the city? Can you swing by your place half way through the day to microwave? If not then you're just stuck with non-perishable stuff, or eating it within 2-3 hrs of day start.

When you say "uppity downtown" , do you mean lower manhattan?

Re: microwave oven access.

I've got an idea. If you can locate Hampton Inns, Holiday Inn express, or other similar tier hotels that offer a free breakfast buffet in the morning, then you will have located microwaves. Most of those discount hotels have a breakfast area with a microwave oven. They usually have coffee/tea outside of breakfast hours. you could slip into these breakfast areas and warm up your boxed/frozen food.

I used to know all of the hotels with easy washroom access and it came in very handy when i was walking around NYC. Back in December we were selling a deal and stuck at 57th and Lex when i had to take a major piss. No problem, i knew exactly where to go.

Get a plug-in rice cooker, heat it that way (with the rice, throw it in at the last minute)

There are also these tiny single electric stove elements that Koreans use (and sell) that are smaller than a laptop and cost $20 you can plug in the wall. That's better than a microwave

Get a plug-in rice cooker, heat it that way (with the rice, throw it in at the last minute)

There are also these tiny single electric stove elements that Koreans use (and sell) that are smaller than a laptop and cost $20 you can plug in the wall. That's better than a microwave
Huh?... Are you suggesting that I walk around with a rice cooker or electric stove in my backpack and find a random outlet while working in the streets?

Huh?... Are you suggesting that I walk around with a rice cooker or electric stove in my backpack and find a random outlet while working in the streets?

Or, or (hear me out) --

You can cook it beforehand (not on the job) and pack it in a sandwich bags or tupperware, stored in a brown bag or thermal lunch sack to eat later- just make sure it's cooked first.

Another question-- were you planning on toting a yeti cooler on your back during your work? If not, then you could use the rice cooker or electric stove in the same vicinity as wherever you were planning on keeping your cooler/etc. that you were thinking about buying.

Or, or (hear me out) --

You can cook it beforehand (not on the job) and pack it in a sandwich bags or tupperware, stored in a brown bag or thermal lunch sack to eat later- just make sure it's cooked first.

Another question-- were you planning on toting a yeti cooler on your back during your work? If not, then you could use the rice cooker or electric stove in the same vicinity as wherever you were planning on keeping your cooler/etc. that you were thinking about buying.
You didn't read what I wrote obviously because there's no relevance between what I explained and your context.

Also, yeti wasn't the only brand of consider. They have a small cooler bag too.

You didn't read what I wrote obviously because there's no relevance between what I explained and your context.

Also, yeti wasn't the only brand of consider. They have a small cooler bag too.

I'm starting to thing that keeping your food warm/cold isn't your biggest issue.

Just sayin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back