Need to beat up a guy - training advice.

• Thread starter Deleted member 538955
  • Start date
I'd focus on conditioning mainly. If neither of you are regular scrappers the adrenaline dump will wilt ya both quickly...
ANY grappling training will help, though I'd focus on takedown/defense and avoiding/escaping being mounted.
Maybe train some leg kicks, also. You'd be surprised how fragile the average persons legs are.

dont listen to these guys, if its gonna happen then might as well get as ready as you can

id go to an mma gym so you get used to rolling with strikes right from the beginning, no sense try to cross choke a guy with his shirt while he punches a hole in your head

also, to the people saying just train takedown defense, just...LOL theres no such thing as takedown defense for a guy who doesnt have much experience, and it will all go out the window once the punches start flying

“Lava and hyperdemic needles” used to be the only way a jiu Jitsu guy could lose. It was a reason to not go to the ground. It’s an old joke. I was being sarcastic...:)
For real though, I am not sure how much jiu Jitsu I would use in a real street fight. I’ve never been in a fight since I’ve learned it. I used to be a good hockey brawler back in the day. I wonder if I would just resort back to that.

My old instructor (black belt) would say that in fights he would always just end up punching people.
This man was also a a degenerate however - he was prone to substance abuse and would try to fight people in the parking lot during class. Last I heard he tried to steal something out of a CVS. A security guard tackled him and he tried to get the SG in a leglock (maybe heelhook). Apparently the security guard beat the shit out of him.

I also used to train under a U.S. Marshall (black belt). He taught us this maneuver where he gets you in mount, hooks his hand around your neck onto your chin to turn it parallel to the ground, and then smothers you with his torso. He leaves just enough space for him to be able to punch you in the face with his other hand. It was awesome.

Moral of the story is that yes, you might just start wildin out in a real fight too.

only if you dont have power

well, the other guy might happen to have power also, that comes in natural form, might be able to takle you down, o you just might eat a lucky punch, unless you are a very very skill striker or fighter, grappling will always give you the better odds, caus you know, people is not born with grappling skills.

My old instructor (black belt) would say that in fights he would always just end up punching people.
This man was also a a degenerate however - he was prone to substance abuse and would try to fight people in the parking lot during class. Last I heard he tried to steal something out of a CVS. A security guard tackled him and he tried to get the SG in a leglock (maybe heelhook). Apparently the security guard beat the shit out of him.

I also used to train under a U.S. Marshall (black belt). He taught us this maneuver where he gets you in mount, hooks his hand around your neck onto your chin to turn it parallel to the ground, and then smothers you with his torso. He leaves just enough space for him to be able to punch you in the face with his other hand. It was awesome.

Moral of the story is that yes, you might just start wildin out in a real fight too.

some people are just violent people... some just like to punch.

you mean good low mount?

Yo, forum, I need to beat up a guy in about 2.5-3 months. I'd been training boxing for some time when I was younger, so I got the basics here - need the conditionning now to be able to move like I used to.

Now, the pb is that the guy is ~20kg heavier than myself and prob will also do some preparation work. Although he has much less boxing xp than me, he is much younger, taller and heavier.

So I was thinking to take some grappling classes for a couple of months. now the Q to you, gents and lassies, will this actually be of a significant help to me? Or a mostly waste of time?

Any other advice? Except bringing a gun to the fight.
It took me 2 years of judo just to become relevant on the ground with bigger (untrained) opponents. Now I say that loosely because it was just grappling and just for fun. I constantly try to grapple bigger guys to see where I can improve. When I say bigger-these guys had 20-70lbs on me. But I could beat them after enough training. The problem is, a little bjj here and there for 10wks isn't going to help you a whole lot. Your best bet would be work on a few chokes and learn to use a guard to get back to your feet.

As somebody stated earlier that you should not do this, I agree. If you must, I would just post-pone this arrangement until ready. Idk what kind of situation this is either, i'm assuming it's somebody you know that either of your challenged one another to an "organized fight" and not necessarily somebody you have serious beef with

In your first 3 months of bjj, did you ever reverse anyone, sweep, pass guard, or mount them? In a street fight, any of those things is enough to win the fight on the ground.

Of course but awkwardly. Additionally, I wasn't worried about someone beating my face in. In 3 months of training BJJ, OP will only delay the inevitable. But Hey! Mail him a Blue Belt. That should do the trick.

LMAO I love white belt threads. My advice is dance dance dance dance. Avoid the ground at all costs because your ground game sucks. Make him swing. Make him miss. Get him tired. And when you notice him slow down, start chopping the legs for a minute. And when he really starts slowing down, that's when you move in and finish. Watch Marco Ruas vs Paul Varleans for reference.

Good luck on your street fight. Record it and upload it for us to see the results. :)

You want real advice? Don't do this. It sounds like an avoidable, pointless clusterfuck of ego and testosterone.
Best advice in the 1st response and you guys are still discussing this... SMH.

I’m interested! We had a local white belt at our gym doing those Facebook street fights, he won all his matches on the streets with a years training but all the guys in the gym mauled him like a child. To be fair his competition was pathetic. Look up “icy mike” on FB. It was/is entertaining though.

I’m interested! We had a local white belt at our gym doing those Facebook street fights, he won all his matches on the streets with a years training but all the guys in the gym mauled him like a child. To be fair his competition was pathetic. Look up “icy mike” on FB. It was/is entertaining though.

got a link to it? cant find anything...

Fine, fine, fine. Learn haymaker defense, how to sprawl, mount escape for if you really screw up, technical stand up, Thai leg kick, Osoto gari, and the rear naked choke and you should be able to have a chance.

In 3 months of training BJJ, OP will only delay the inevitable.

Depends on the kind of training he is getting. If you have someone giving you one on one attention for like 2 hours per day for 3 months correcting you constantly having you learn in structured manner/doing positional sparring you could learn at least how to control positions and maybe sweep and g&p someone.
In loads of gym the beginners would spend their 3 months doing things like armbars from closed guard and just fumble around with each other.
3 months of private lessons is expensive if you aren't a hot girl.

Back