Need some help on Amateur Debut

Albe

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I was training for my amateur boxing debut to be contested on August 20th but my instructor fucked up and the fight is actually this sunday.

The weigh ins will be on the same day (2-3 hours before the fight) and im something about 3kg above weight (weight class is 91kg im about 94kg).

I was training really hard this week so my body is very sore because I wasnt expecting to fight anytime soon, and I also have the weight issue going against me. My opponent is probably shorter than me (Im 192cm), but im

Any tips on whether I should fight or not?

If you're in shape and mentally ready I say do it. You have almost 3 full days to recover. Soreness is not an excuse. 6 lbs is a lot though. I don't think you can make that weight

If you're in shape and mentally ready I say do it. You have almost 3 full days to recover. Soreness is not an excuse. 6 lbs is a lot though. I don't think you can make that weight

Yeah my main issue is the weight, they said there is no tolerance. I could dehydrate in a sauna but I feel that would be draining since I have never cut weight before.
I was starting my diet this week for the fight next month.

I feel very frustrated because they messed up the schedule and now everything is on me.

3kg is no big deal for someone your size. I can lose that in one day and i'm 77kg.

But you have to go with your coach on this one.
If he messed up, he needs to help you make the cut, if he knows how to do it.
If he tells you he has no idea or is not going to help and monitor you, drop the fight.

I was training for my amateur boxing debut to be contested on August 20th but my instructor fucked up and the fight is actually this sunday.

The weigh ins will be on the same day (2-3 hours before the fight) and im something about 3kg above weight (weight class is 91kg im about 94kg).

I was training really hard this week so my body is very sore because I wasnt expecting to fight anytime soon, and I also have the weight issue going against me. My opponent is probably shorter than me (Im 192cm), but im

Any tips on whether I should fight or not?
Don't weight cut on your first fight.

Oh and /thread.

Don't weight cut on your first fight.

Oh and /thread.

Yeah I didnt fight yesterday. I had no way of knowing if I could rehydrate and still perform well. My coach explained the situation to the other guy's coach to see if we could reschedule the fight to the august event and he said no.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Yeah I didnt fight yesterday. I had no way of knowing if I could rehydrate and still perform well. My coach explained the situation to the other guy's coach to see if we could reschedule the fight to the august event and he said no.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

{<redford}

Back