Need help finding the name of a UK glove brand!

mrv

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys, bit of a long shot here. Around 1-2 years ago I purchased a pair of gloves following a recommendation on here. Now for the life of me I can't think of the name or find any references of the purchase in my emails, forum or online postings.

All I can remember is the gloves were a UK brand probably made in Pakistan, there logo was similar to the thaismai logo and the gloves did not have fancy designs, however they were highly regarded within the hobby as very good quality. I've spent hours searching for UK glove brands and I can't find a thing, unless they are no longer trading of course, can any of you guys think of a possible name? I know it's asking a lot but you never know, the brand I think was London based and not one of the big guys, intact I'd guess not many people were/are aware of them.

Thanks Ben

Nope, the name/logo design was something similar to beaulieu boxing but not beaulieu

It might of even started with a z, ah maaan I just can't remember

Is it "Conlon" that you're thinking of?

What were the gloves like? Was it a boxing brand or an MMA brand or..etc?

By similarities with the Thaismai logo do you just mean a circular logo with the brand name inside?

TS-BG-124-BL-01.png

Lemarr and Main Event are another couple that are a bit like that

LEMARRRR THATS IT!!! I could kiss you minowafanatic!!!!

I have the Lemarr gloves, ain't that good tbh. So you haven't missed much.

I remember them as one of the best I'd worn, ah well

I remember them as one of the best I'd worn, ah well

Maybe time has changed, so many great gloves out there now. I personally don't find them excel in any particular area. But it's just my preference anyway. Everyone is different of course.

I hear Fly Sports is the next big thing in the U.K. boxing glove scene?

I had a few Lemarr MKII pairs, I liked them though I think there were maybe QC issues as one of mine deteriorated very quickly whilst the other was alright. They had a very similar cut to the Fairtex Mexican style gloves. I liked the padding a lot but my fingers were a bit too long for them. Comfy apart from that. Good wrist support.

Those Fly Sports gloves are super expensive. I've never seen someone using them in real life yet but they do have a lot of buzz online.

From what I read and hear from British fighters Fly are amazing gloves however they are super expensive and hardly anyone over here wears them because of that, they could never break the pro market simply because of grant, Reyes and rival

Fly gloves look legit, just that price tag is too much. What happened to recoil sports?

They should introduce a model to compete with the £100 market, I decided to close recoil for a while, I was working full time and without having industry contacts I wasn't getting anywhere. It was also hard to sell the gloves at the RRP's simply because we were new and I learnt that in this game, without a HUGE marketing budget i would never get the brand to where I wanted it to be!

They should introduce a model to compete with the £100 market, I decided to close recoil for a while, I was working full time and without having industry contacts I wasn't getting anywhere. It was also hard to sell the gloves at the RRP's simply because we were new and I learnt that in this game, without a HUGE marketing budget i would never get the brand to where I wanted it to be!

Yeah maybe like a synthetic leather model and/or with 1 (or more) of the padding layers being of a lower quality standard.

Just to give people a taste of the fit/comfort and general sense of their gloves.

Like a Fly Sports Lite/Diet model.

I noticed them being used in a recent boxing match in the U.K. by rising prospect Josh Kelly , and in training by Jorge Linares. Really digging the compact design. Very "fly".

Hope you come back fighting! You made some great gloves!

Back