Need help finding a study on coffee

knight

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Some time ago I listened to the LLA podcast and heard Dr. William Wong talk about the benefits of coffee, according to a long time reseach based in Hawaii. For those interested here's the episode:

I've googled and used pubmed to find the Hawaiin based long time research and googled my ass off but couldn't find it. Also contacted the three men talking on the podcast through their respective websites but no answer back.

I don't disclose the fact that I'm a retart at finding studies so a little help would be much appreciated!

Mate I can't be bothered to rake through a 1:23 long video to try work out which study he might be referring to and then try to find it.

There are tons of studies on coffee. Some are negative, some are positive. Overall the picture appears to be that it's probably a good thing is reasonably quantities and that most of the negatives are down to the caffeine, and that most of the positives can be got from decaf so if it's purely health you're interested in then drink moderate amounts of decaf.

Listen to this: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/greatmomentsinscience/2016-07-12/7621796

Mate I can't be bothered to rake through a 1:23 long video to try work out which study he might be referring to and then try to find it.

There are tons of studies on coffee. Some are negative, some are positive. Overall the picture appears to be that it's probably a good thing is reasonably quantities and that most of the negatives are down to the caffeine, and that most of the positives can be got from decaf so if it's purely health you're interested in then drink moderate amounts of decaf.

Listen to this: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/greatmomentsinscience/2016-07-12/7621796

I can't believe I fucked up by NOT posting a timestamp. Thanx for the link you provided!

Which exact benefit are you interested in? As said above, caffeine (or coffee) can have some positive and negative effects but nothing too impressive on either side.

You can check this comprehensive review. Scroll down to "Effects"...Everything below that is about effects of caffeine on heart, blood pressure, diabetes, physical performance, sleep...etc, with many references to the studies.

Even if you say "a long time research," this is still research from one researcher or one group of them. You may want to search through "systematic reviews" where the results of many individual studies are clumped together and evaluated by a group of researchers.

Back