Need advice on PS Plus perks

TrueBias

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
My PS3 has just up and stopped playing both ps3 games and blu rays. The ps4 is OF COURSE, not backwards compatible, so no sense of getting that until more games come out.

I did the home remedies on trying to fix it, like putting it upward and taking the thing apart.

Before i go pay to get this fixed (no idea where), is there any way the ps plus network knows what games, the discs, i have? I'm trying not to buy shit i already have. I looked up the god of war games and fir starters, its $15 for 1 and 2. Those are ps2 games. Theres no bundle that i can see from the outside, but maybe there is with the plus network. That's where you chaps come in..

Cheers

Before i go pay to get this fixed (no idea where), is there any way the ps plus network knows what games, the discs, i have?

if you've had ps+ and used their cloud saves, all the applicable games should have their save files on it. so... yeah, kinda.

I'm trying not to buy shit i already have.

...and i'm now absolutely baffled as to what your point is. ...you don't know which games you have? and you mentioned discs, specifically. you can't... just look at the discs? and how is buying games even relevant to your point? what? just... huh?

if you've had ps+ and used their cloud saves, all the applicable games should have their save files on it. so... yeah, kinda.

...and i'm now absolutely baffled as to what your point is. ...you don't know which games you have? and you mentioned discs, specifically. you can't... just look at the discs? and how is buying games even relevant to your point? what? just... huh?

I dont have any ps network ither than the free one. When i bought the games, i didnt register, upload, or whatever. I just played them. Ya know, like you do with every system ever before?

However...

I noticed every ps3 game i bought had to be "updated " right after i bought them, so theres a log of my gamez right?

For if im not clear:
My games are DISCS.
Ive never joined the ps plus club.
Question is, if i did now, any way to prove i have already paid for the gamez i own without paying for them again.

I dont have any ps network ither than the free one. When i bought the games, i didnt register, upload, or whatever. I just played them. Ya know, like you do with every system ever before?

However...

I noticed every ps3 game i bought had to be "updated " right after i bought them, so theres a log of my gamez right?

For if im not clear:
My games are DISCS.
Ive never joined the ps plus club.
Question is, if i did now, any way to prove i have already paid for the gamez i own without paying for them again.

wtf are you talking about?

if you have the DISCS, why would you have to buy them again, anyway?

if you're referring to digital purchases, the ps store/your psn account keeps trask of them, so you can download them again.

the updates are usually just patches.

i have no idea what ps+ has to do with any of this.

wtf are you talking about?

if you have the DISCS, why would you have to buy them again, anyway?

if you're referring to digital purchases, the ps store/your psn account keeps trask of them, so you can download them again.

the updates are usually just patches.

ill wait for someone else to answer since yiu cant.

ill wait for someone else to answer since yiu cant.

i'm pretty sure i answered every question you asked, regardless of merit.

ironically, this is usually how it goes whenever i actually do try to help someone out.

i'm pretty sure i answered every question you asked, regardless of merit.

ironically, this is usually how it goes whenever i actually do try to help someone out.

Then i suggest move on cuz the translation is in the shitter.

I think Rob is right unless we both misunderstand you. Since you still have discs for your PS3 games, you don't need to buy anything to play them on a new PS3.

When you first insert the disc you will have to download and reinstall all the patches that have been released but you won't need to pay for them. Updates are free.

Any digital content that you previously purchased (DLC, etc) should be linked to your PSN account so you shouldn't need to repurchase those either.

He's saying his disk drive is broken.

In that case, yes, if you wanted to go digital then you'd have to purchase everything again that was physical.

PS+ will only back up and save your digital purchases.

I'd just buy a cheap PS3 again over repairing it.

What do PS3's sell for now? Are they super discounted? Wouldn't surprise me but I haven't checked in a while.

Lol, holy shit. They're going for more than a PS4.

I pulled a Dizzy and paid for shit I dont need. Hahah, not to jab ya brother, as I see you tried to help over the moron Rob. But no, I am currently waiting for both God of War 1 and 2 to arrive in my PS3 HD for $15. I want to stab myself in my testicles for doing this, but as someone else already....wait, are you sure? A used PS3 is expensive?

you asked stupid questions so you got stupid (factual) answers.

then you talk shit. you rebought games you didn't have to, but I'M the moron? a+

I just did a quick search, I'm sure you can find used PS3's for much cheaper. It seemed like those were new ones.

replace the disc drive in your ps3, or if it still spins just replace the laser that reads the discs.

Your gonna wait till more games come out for PS4? Dude there's tons of PS4 games out to play. The system isn't new anymore.

Does TS think he can't use his discs on another PS3?

Back