Neck Training Preference

Noodles03

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When it comes to training the neck, do you prefer using the neck harness or do you prefer doing neck curls with a weighted plate resting on your forehead and behind your head while laying on a bench?

I put a dumbbell on my forehead (with a towel in between) and I lie on a bench and do neck curls.

For the back of the neck I have a backpack filled with weights, I put the strap around the back of my head, and do standing neck extensions.

Bands and I have this red thing from Title...

I'm making my own using chains, vinyl hose, straps but I saw this homemade harness which gave me the idea of using pipe insulation instead.

Overhead press and thrash metal.

tumblr_mjzj47Xwzs1rkwsh2o1_250.gif

actually for a long time i did isometrics against a wall while holding dumbbells. 30 to 45 seconds or so. this gave me the most size gains. maybe the neck muscles like isos more. i don't know. i worked up to 35 kg and then stopped because it was boring.

actually for a long time i did isometrics against a wall while holding dumbbells. 30 to 45 seconds or so. this gave me the most size gains. maybe the neck muscles like isos more. i don't know. i worked up to 35 kg and then stopped because it was boring.
Like leaning against the wall with your head, trying to keep it in neutral position at a 30-45 degree angle?

Neck curls with 88 lbs kettlebell in a chain.

5 X 15 reps

Like leaning against the wall with your head, trying to keep it in neutral position at a 30-45 degree angle?

yes, exactly. i hit front, back and the sides. i never did isos for the neck again. i liked it because as you said, i could keep the neutral position.

yes, exactly. i hit front, back and the sides. i never did isos for the neck again. i liked it because as you said, i could keep the neutral position.
Thanks, I'll try those out!

Thanks, I'll try those out!

Throw up a video if you can so i can clearly see how to do it

I think i know but i want to be certain, dont want to be fucking the neck up

I'm really not joking when I say metal. High reps, bodyweight.

Same lol I don't want to fuck my neck up

for me, the isos against the wall felt 10 times safer than doing bridges from all angles. you can keep the neck copletely neutral. i am not a martial artist so i opted for the wall solution.

now i do just neck nods with either manual resistance or a weight plate and i listen to death metal for 20 years now, which helps to gain size and endurance, lol.

the wall exercise looks like this:
imgs-neglect-body-neck.jpg

i did this with all 4 directions and added weight when i could do 3 sets of approx. 45 seconds.

Back