Neck too big to choke -- how common is it?

Maybe a triangle if they are way huge and you cant lock it under the knee? No others, maybe darce if you have really short arms and they have a massive neck.

Chokes arent commun in the UFC because of the gloves, take them away the game chances 360 degrees.

Having big traps and short neck it helps while defending though.

*insert facepalm pic here*

Am I missing something here?

360 degrees is a full turn, so that you would end up facing the same direction.

it also means the rotation of the subject (game) is complete...

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

this makes no sense, the game is rotating?

the full rotation of a circle implies 360 degrees.
half rotation implies 180 degrees.

when you say something changes 360 degrees, its a metaphor, implying you have completely change something, it is not meant to be taken literally.

If I say a change of 180

Rotating anything 360 degrees is to put it back at the point of origin after turning it a bunch. Essentially, nothing changes for that object - except that the object has been rotated aaaaallll the way around.

By mis-applying geometry concepts to an abstract thing such as the degree of change, you've completely bollixed the metaphor and given us all laughs.

Rotating anything 360 degrees is to put it back at the point of origin after turning it a bunch. Essentially, nothing changes for that object - except that the object has been rotated aaaaallll the way around.

By mis-applying geometry concepts to an abstract thing such as the degree of change, you've completely bollixed the metaphor and given us all laughs.

I have not apply geometry to anything smartass, I applied a metaphor, you can laugh all you want, if you cannot understand that 360 means complete change and translate that to the topic, then that is not my problem.

I have not apply geometry to anything smartass, I applied a metaphor, you can laugh all you want, if you cannot understand that 360 means complete change and translate that to the topic, then that is not my problem.

This is a fucking hilarious thread. I can't believe I'm about to bite but...

You said that "Chokes arent commun in the UFC because of the gloves, take them away the game chances 360 degrees."

If everything did a 360 then guillotines would still be really hard. If you took the gloves away, then everything would do a 180 and the game would change.

That's what you would have said if you wanted it to make sense.

360 would never result in a change. A 360 is a complete circle, so you would end up right where you started.

This is a fucking hilarious thread. I can't believe I'm about to bite but...

You said that "Chokes arent commun in the UFC because of the gloves, take them away the game chances 360 degrees."

If everything did a 360 then guillotines would still be really hard. If you took the gloves away, then everything would do a 180 and the game would change.

That's what you would have said if you wanted it to make sense.

360 would never result in a change. A 360 is a complete circle, so you would end up right where you started.

oh my god people you are dense.

180 degrees is the typical use of the metaphor in North America, Rage. It implies a turn around. The dichotomously opposite direction.
Difficult and Easy are opposites. On a linear scale they would be on either end of a line.
If you stood at the middle off that line, faced "difficult" and turned 360 degrees, you would still face "difficult." Turn 180 degrees however, and you're now facing "easy."
Chokes with gloves are difficult. Spun (180) the other direction, chokes without gloves are easy.

Probably a cultural difference.

180 degrees is the typical use of the metaphor in North America, Rage. It implies a turn around. The dichotomously opposite direction.
Difficult and Easy are opposites. On a linear scale they would be on either end of a line.
If you stood at the middle off that line, faced "difficult" and turned 360 degrees, you would still face "difficult." Turn 180 degrees however, and you're now facing "easy."
Chokes with gloves are difficult. Spun (180) the other direction, chokes without gloves are easy.

Probably a cultural difference.

I understand, but like I said, 360 stands for complete circle, complete cycle or complete "inster subject", the oppositive for fighting with gloves is fighting without gloves, thats a complete change (im just stating my point of view and where the reference came from)

at least downhere, we use that reference a lot, so yeah I guess is a cultural thing.

yep is probably just a cultural difference.

I understand, but like I said, 360 stands for complete circle, complete cycle or complete "inster subject", the oppositive for fighting with gloves is fighting without gloves, thats a complete change (im just stating my point of view and where the reference came from)

at least downhere, we use that reference a lot, so yeah I guess is a cultural thing.

yep is probably just a cultural difference.

See now your doing a 180!

Everything is backwards south of the equator. 360 means 180. I hear even toilets flush backwards.

I smell something green coming out from under a bridge.

Im in the 180 camp bro..

as in 'Do a complete 180' as in when someone goes back on a point or something.

You never played tony hawk?

I love that Tony Hawk's pro skater is what taught you degrees of rotation.

Me too.

I like to 360 degree choke people. Works well.

As for big necks, I have a issue with triangle chokes on people with big necks. They seem to be able to resist it a little bit better and my triangle chokes are kinda crap anyway.

But bow an arrow and lapel choke work WAAAY faster and I generally do not even attempt a triangle choke on them unless I'm looking to sweep.

oh my god people you are dense.
Have you ever heard the saying "If you can't spot the idiot in the room, it's probably you?" There are several people in this thread who feel like they have found the "idiot in the room" and I'll give you a hint. The name starts with B and ends with an e.

Well you are the only one arguing against everyone saying 180 would be the proper usage here. So...maybe you should look at what we are saying objectively and just admit you didn't quite interpret the saying correctly and we can move on.

Have you ever heard the saying "If you can't spot the idiot in the room, it's probably you?" There are several people in this thread who feel like they have found the "idiot in the room" and I'll give you a hint. The name starts with B and ends with an e.

Well you are the only one arguing against everyone saying 180 would be the proper usage here. So...maybe you should look at what we are saying objectively and just admit you didn't quite interpret the saying correctly and we can move on.

Or you could read that I have already express that I understand what you guys are saying and explain my point of view, or may be your the idiot that cannot understand what in saying...

Back