neck crank defense

I don't know but there is a gap that you can shoot your arm in and this will turn your thorax to the direction of the crank so it will alleviate some pressure, can't think of anything else. I would have tapped.

I wonder what Maia or Garcia would do.

But then again, one time I was asking this national level wrestling competitor-turned-coach how to defend against i think an arm throw once he gets in deep, but I think his response was like, not sure, try not to get there, and i think lot of the responses could be just that

don't get there.

I wonder what Maia or Garcia would do.

But then again, one time I was asking this national level wrestling competitor-turned-coach how to defend against i think an arm throw once he gets in deep, but I think his response was like, not sure, try not to get there, and i think lot of the responses could be just that

don't get there.

Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

I mean

DfYTsAbuDcQNeqSESwt5gfWxGm4z8gQu29G3uz7sJPo.gif

Again, it's not a neck crank, that's a clean diaphragm choke.

Look for scarf hold, or kesa gatame escapes.

You can start here if you like

When I first started training it was heavily emphasized to me not to do this (from top). That it leaves you open to be easily sweeped which he showed us how to do. I've only ever been in that position once and I easily sweeped the guy.

When I first started training it was heavily emphasized to me not to do this (from top). That it leaves you open to be easily sweeped which he showed us how to do. I've only ever been in that position once and I easily sweeped the guy.

If someone who knows what they are doing is on top of you, someone who really specializes in the position, then the scarf hold / kesa gatame is death. Very legit side control.

@rmongler that's a pretty basic kesa gatame escape that not many people go for but it works and I like it, it's even easier with the gi.

You don't.
jyBAkNd.gif

Yesterday khabib finished mcgregor with the neck crank, isn't it funny how internet knowledge evolves the game?

mcgregor's gameplan sucked

he used the arm frame from half guard then went to octopus guard and framed to escape to full butterfly twice

he should have worked on takedowns instead of hand flapping

khabib hasn't fought a single descent grappler

Last edited:
Mcgregor should have learned this move :

Not to mention the countless times he missed the legs, he missed leg locks where khabib was pressuring him when scrambling and khabib stood up, he could have granby rolled to a leg lock or a back take, even from the scambling on the ground he missed leg locks.

The fight was a dissapointment.

Last edited:
How do you get out of it? It looks like no one gets caught with it, but Dean Lister out of all people got caught with it by Josh Barnett, and that Russian dude, etc..
Craig Jones who is a beast just got caught with a neck crank/jaw crank by Ryan Gordon a few days ago at Quintet 3

This was khabib's easiest fight, mcgregor was afraid to attack, I am glad I didn't waste any money on PPV, I already knew mcgregor would loose but it was too disappointing.

The moment mcgregor tried to mount with khabib having an underhook on his leg it showed that he would loose.

Last edited:
Back