N'Dam-Murata, Barthelemy-Relikh Rematches Ordered By WBA -

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, president of the World Boxing Association (WBA), announced at a press conference Thursday that judges Gustavo Padilla of Panama and Hubert Earle of Canada were suspended for six months - over their scoring of the fight from last Saturday in Japan in the match between Hassan N'Dam and Ryota Murata for the "regular" middleweight title of the sanctioning body. "My decision of that contest, those of 5 judges who evaluated the fight and the one of the supervisors that was present at the fight - were different from the one that those judges saw.

I considered that I should address this case as soon as possible and I did so on Saturday. However, we had to announce the measures we would take with the judges after a more extensive evaluation of what happened," Mendoza said. In addition to the 6-month suspension, both Padilla and Earle must pass several evaluations before being able to be judges again in the case of a fight sanctioned by the WBA and its regional organizations.

Regarding judges John Gradowski, Henry Grant and Don Risher, who acted in the fight between Rances Barthelemy and Kiryl Relikh, the WBA will ask the Maryland Boxing Commission to take action and not use them for the time being. "Unfortunately in the United States there is a law that prohibits us from electing officials or taking actions as we did in the case of the N'Dam-Murata fight. However, we will let our point of view be known to the Maryland commission, "said the WBA President. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/ndam-mur...s-ordered-by-wba--116946#sthash.LvyMxI6K.dpuf

The two judges who rendered questionable scorecards in last week's Hassan N'Dam vs. Ryota Murata fight for a vacant secondary middleweight world title were suspended for six months by the WBA on Thursday, and a rematch was ordered.

France's N'Dam (36-2, 21 KOs) was awarded a controversial split decision victory and the 160-pound belt against Murata (12-1, 9 KOs), a 2012 Japanese Olympic gold medalist, on Saturday in Tokyo. While American judge Raul Caiz Sr. was applauded for his score of 117-111 for Murata, Panama's Gustavo Padilla scored the fight 116-111 for N'Dam and Canada's Hubert Earle had it 115-112 for N'Dam, which caused outrage throughout the boxing world.

After the fight, WBA president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza apologized to Murata, his team and all Japanese fans and said he would push for an immediate rematch to be ordered.

During a news conference Thursday, Mendoza announced that Padilla and Earl had been suspended for six months, a rare move, and that the rematch had been ordered.

"Besides the six-month suspension, both Padilla and Earle will have to pass some tests before being allowed to again judge fights sanctioned by the WBA and its regional bodies," Mendoza said.

Mendoza said he, five judges and the supervisor of the bout reviewed the fight and all scored it for Murata. Mendoza thought Murata won 117-110.

A rematch of that bout was also ordered, Mendoza said.

"The reason for both rematches is that their results were controversial," Mendoza said. "I have already apologized publicly for the N'Dam-Murata result. In my social networks, I presented my personal point of view and my score. And I did it because I believe the case deserved it. As for the contest between Barthelemy and Relikh, I think it was a close fight but the result was controversial."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back