NCAA Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great start to the year. Awesome
To see them breaks UCLA's 3 point record with 18 3's. It may have been pacific but the team looks incredibly talented and fun to watch (Defensive issues aside).

Ball looks like the real deal, same with leaf. Crowd went crazy after his dunk. 19-11-8 with 1 to for Ball, monster numbers for a college pg, especially because he didn't play as much as I expected.

I'm 10 miles from UCLA. Definitely gonna check out The Human Ballsack!

Outside of a bizarre and undeniably flukish month of March in
2014, Kevin Ollie has failed miserably at UConn.

Average KenPom finish: #41
Best seed: 7-seed

Take away that anomalous 2014 Tourney run where they should've lost in the 1st round to 10-seed St. Joe's and Ollie gets fired a year or two ago.

Take away that anomalous 2014 Tourney run where they should've lost in the 1st round to 10-seed St. Joe's and Ollie gets fired a year or two ago.
<{hmmm}>

shitty logic is shitty.

Take away the time Calipari had Anthony Davis, he is just a corrupt can who recruits blue chips and leaves programs with NCAA violations without winning titles.

Take away that one time in 2000, Tom Izzo is just a perennial gatekeeper who constantly chokes in the tournament and can never finish the job.

Take away that one good recruiting class Billy Donovan had, he is just a Eddie Munster lookin ass :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Take away that time Jim Boeheim had Melo, he is just a grinchy old nose picking guy who lets his assistant coach fondle ball boys and has tutors pass his players classes.

Take away that time any UNC coach had Michael Jordan or fake classes, they have ZERO Championships.

........ we can play this game forever.

shitty logic is shitty.

Take away the time Calipari had Anthony Davis, he is just a corrupt can who recruits blue chips and leaves programs with NCAA violations without winning titles.

Take away that one time in 2000, Tom Izzo is just a perennial gatekeeper who constantly chokes in the tournament and can never finish the job.

Take away that one good recruiting class Billy Donovan had, he is just a Eddie Munster lookin ass :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Take away that time Jim Boeheim had Melo, he is just a grinchy old nose picking guy who lets his assistant coach fondle ball boys and has tutors pass his players classes.

Take away that time any UNC coach had Michael Jordan or fake classes, they have ZERO Championships.

Eviseration

shitty logic is shitty.

LOL...

giphy.gif

Last 4 years average finish

UConn: #41
Michigan State: #10
Kentucky: #18 (bogged down by a terrible 2012-2013 season)

UConn: 1 Sweet Sixteen
Michigan State: 3 Sweet Sixteens
Kentucky: 2 Sweet Sixteens

You're comparing a guy who literally has done nothing outside one month to two guys who have lived in the top 10, Final Four, etc.

You're making one of the most inane logical fallacies I have ever witnessed.

Your "take away that time" game doesn't work because when I take away those times from Cal, Izzo, and Boeheim, I'm left with years and years of sustained success. However, when I take away that one month of March 2014 in Ollie's resume, I'm left with abject failure (a team full of 4 and 5-star recruits who lives outside the top 25 and either doesn't make the NCAA Tournament or squeaks in).

incredulous.gif

But, heck, if you're content with UConn, a team littered with elite talent, finishing outside the top 40, then be my guest. High expectations, huh? ;)

shitty logic is shitty.

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20161112/wagner-stuns-no-18-uconn-in-season-opener

U mad?

AR-161119870.jpg

LOL...

Last 4 years average finish

UConn: #41
Michigan State: #10
Kentucky: #18 (bogged down by a terrible 2012-2013 season)

UConn: 1 Sweet Sixteen
Michigan State: 3 Sweet Sixteens
Kentucky: 2 Sweet Sixteens

Last 4 years National Championships

Uconn: 1
Michigan State: 0
Kentucky: 0

I guess you subscribe to the Tom Crean philosophy of making a Sweet 16 is the equivalent of winning the Tournament and you give out rings for that.

I'm pretty sure the pansexual Kentucky fans who post here would agree they would sacrifice multiple Sweet 16 appearances where they ultimately get eliminated, if for just one of those seasons they win a National Title.

For only a handful of programs, it's Championship or bust. I will gladly take Uconn winning 4 titles since 1999 with only 8 Sweet-16 appearances, as opposed to Michigan State winning 1 National Title since then with 12 Sweet-16 appearances.... and Kentucky having 1 National Title with 10 Sweet-16 appearances since Uconn won their first Title in 1999.

Michigan State killed my bracket last season.

shitty logic is shitty.

<{shaqs}>

Zaga looked good against SDSU, and the games today are fire.

As a UNC-Charlotte graduate (I walk on December 17th to get my diploma, hell yea!). I'm so happy with us being 2-0 lol. We got a new coach last year and had a bad season, I'm expecting a better one this year. Maybe we'll do what we did like 3 years ago and start like 13-1 and blow the rest of the season lol.

Just want a solid season from UNCC.

sucks for uconn. Really like them

Also holy hell Rapelor just destroyed #4 Oregon lol

sucks for uconn. Really like them

Also holy hell Rapelor just destroyed #4 Oregon lol

LOL, can't wait to hear HAWTakeyama's excuses now.

Would love to hear about the time Coach K or Coach Izzo lost back-to-back games at home to 2 tomato cans...oh, wait...never happened! As matter of fact, I doubt it's happened with any high-major coach (even those at perennial powers such as Auburn and Rutgers). Yet this dope compared the utterly inept Kevin Ollie to those two legends!

PHXVQfe.gif

UConn could go 0-30 and he would still defend Ollie.

The guy has literally failed in every month of his coaching career outside of one...and in that one month they needed a miracle off of an officiating gaffe to survive their 1st round game against 10-seed St. Hoe's.

As a guy who has lived 90% of his life in Connecticut, we deserve far, far better. The guy is clueless. Solid recruiter but a dreadful in-game coach. Arguably the worst I've ever seen and I've been watching hoops for 20 years now.

Last edited:
It's not like most of these early games mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back