NCAA Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
We almost lost to UGag at home today. I wish the SEC didn't suck so bad in basketball, there's really no excuse for it.

And they'll shit their pants in March as usual.
Since it's MLK Day, Marce can have a dream that Gonzaga will make a Final Four one day.

At least they can add another WCC Championship banner for like the 20th year straight.

257ce53b4fb8b8b4e951391c7676d970.jpg

Congrats to Roy Williams on reaching 800 wins. He's also reached 212 loses.

Rupp retired at 876-190, and his boys went to class.

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

I hope we don't get blown out at South Carolina tonight but it wouldn't surprise me. They REALLY need this game for their RPI and SOS.

I'm still waiting for the day where Frank Martin literally skull fucks one of his players on National TV. It's bound to happen.

How will he be remembered?

Gonzaga is now #1 in the KenPom. Unreal. Remembah, despite all the success, this IS a mid-major program.

Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen over the last 2 seasons. Now it's Final Four time.

Gonzaga is now #1 in the KenPom. Unreal. Remembah, despite all the success, this IS a mid-major program.

Elite Eight and Sweet Sixteen over the last 2 seasons. Now it's Final Four time.
Not hard to do with the #116 SOS.

my problem with zaga is that some of their best player are guys i just dont think are special talents. Nigel williams goss used to start for washington and was very solid and im sure he has gotten better as most young players do, but he really wasnt an elite looking talent while in the pac 12. Same goes for jordan mathews who was at cal, he was there designated shooter but not an all-conference type of guy. The big man is talented and skilled but not an nba level player. Add in the fact they dont play a tough schedule and i just cant get too excited about them. Thats the beauty of college bball though, the tournament looms.

They've been in the NCAA Tournament 18 straight years. Half of those teams are likeable and you believe they can finally make that hurdle to a Final Four or Championship appearance like other teams from shit-tier Conferences have in recent memory like Wichita St, Butler, VCU, Uconn, and George Mason have..... but Gonzaga always disappoints and usually gets elimanated by a heterosexual Power 5 program.

They're perennial gatekeepers who can never get over the hump, and you should'nt feel any different about them this year. Two years ago with Pangos, healthy Karnowski, Wiltjer, etc. was they're best chance since diabetic stache.

I'm still waiting for the day where Frank Martin literally skull fucks one of his players on National TV. It's bound to happen.

Might be tonight at Rupp, and I'll be there to see it wootwoot!

Regarding Gonzaga, The last time a non big 5 conference team finished the season undefeated (1 seed), they were beaten by a lowly 8 seed ;)

I looked at the Zags schedule, they have four top 25 wins, they must be legit this year.....

Oh wait, No top 15 wins, 3 of 4 top 25 wins at HOME ( 16, 21,21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back