NCAA allowing ND basketball player to $$$ on DWTS

Fluffernutter

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-dancing-stars-and-thats-progress/515998002/

Cliffs:

- NCAA basketball player can be on Dancing With The Stars.
- She can keep any money she makes from the show, because it will be based upon her dancing ability.
- She can not do any promotional work for the show other than to simply state that she is on it.

Not mentioned:

- Olympic athletes who are still NCAA students (swimmers, wrestlers, etc.) have been getting paid since Olympians are allowed to get money.

- NCAA football players could make money in other sports and still stay eligible (like that Notre Dame football player/boxer Tommy Zibriski (sp?)

NCAA FB player just cant use his college FB celebrity to make money. Zibriski was boxing.

I sure college FB players can get job waiting tables during the off season. I just dont think he can sign autograph for the customers though.

the NCAA is a scam

the ncaa is a complete joke. who the fuck are they to decide if an athlete gets paid for work outside of their sport? the ONLY oversight they should have is whether or not pay is in line with the job. like a star qb shouldn't make $250 an hour to work at a car dealer or some stupid shit

the ncaa is a complete joke. who the fuck are they to decide if an athlete gets paid for work outside of their sport? the ONLY oversight they should have is whether or not pay is in line with the job. like a star qb shouldn't make $250 an hour to work at a car dealer or some stupid shit

If a local car dealer wants to pay Henry McQuarterback $250 an hour to greet people as they walk into the dealership, I have no problem with it.

I assume Henry is an adult. As such, he should have the right to work at the dealership and be paid an agreed upon wage.

Likewise, if Oracle wants to pay Henrietta Floppydisk (who is majoring in computer science at the same university Henry is attending) $250 an hour to greet people at a software convention, then she should be able to.

Back