[NBA1980-2015]Top 10 greatest individual performances in playoff history

Lord Commander Palis

Superior Genetics
Banned
Reaction score
I thought I would bring something different and refreshing to the table, also something fun as I enjoy watching old game footage and noticed some amazing games that don't always get mentioned.

The criteria for this is fairly simple. The individual players team must have won the playoff game and had impressive stats to go along with it. Whether it's from the first round to the Finals, doesn't matter.

With that note though, there are certain playoff games where a individual stepped up with some type of adversity and still had a phenomenal stat line. I'm going more for overall game dominance though with the team win, but some things are hard to overlook, certain intangibles (Jordan's flu game vs Jazz, Shaq foul out/Kobe takeover vs Pacers, etc)

LeBron James - 2007 - Game 5 vs Pistons - ECF - LBJ Take over
Stats: 54FG% - 48PTS - 7AST - 9REB - 2STL - 38.1 GmSc

Tim Duncan - 2003 - Game 3 vs Nets - Finals - Near quadruple double
Stats: 47FG% - 21PTS - 20REB - 10AST - 8BLK - 25.9 GmSc

Shaq O'Neal - 2000 - Game 1 vs Kings - WCR1 - Setting the momentum
Stats: 64FG% - 46PTS - 17REB - 1AST - 2STL - 5BLK - 41.0 GmSc

Dirk Nowitzki - 2011 - Game 1 vs Thunder -WCF - 24-24
Stats: 80FG% - 48PTS - 6REB - 4AST - 4BLK - 46.5 GmSc

Larry Bird - 1984 - Game 5 vs Lakers - Finals - The Heat Game, "The difference tonight was Mr. Bird," -Pat Riley
Stats: 75FG% - 34PTS - 17REB - 2AST - 2STL - 1BLK

Kobe Bryant - 2001 - Game 4 vs Kings - WCSF - Close out game
Stats: 52FG% - 48PTS - 16REB - 3AST - 2STL - 1BLK - 43.3 GmSc

Michael Jordan - 1993 - Game 4 vs Knicks - ECF - Vs the #1 Def team in the League
Stats: 60FG% - 54PTS - 6REB - 2AST - 2STL - 1BLK - 41.3 GmSc

James Worthy - 1988 - Game 7 vs Pistons - Finals - Close out game, Triple Dub, Big Game James Worthy
Stats: 68FG% - 36PTS - 16REB - 10AST - 2STL - 35.0 GmSc

Charles Barkley - 1994 - Game 3 vs Warriors - WCR1 - Close out game
Stats: 74FG% - 56PTS - 14REB - 4AST - 3STL - 1BLK - 52.6 GmSc

Magic Johnson - 1980 - Game 6 vs 76ers - Finals - Close out game, Played Center for injured GOAT Center Jabbar, Rookie year
Stats: 42PTS - 15REB - 7AST - 14-14FT

What are yours? (Don't have to provide full stats, but a link to the game/highlights is nice)

Work was done itt.

RIP sweet prince shitcat.

gI5VR3a.gif

Reggie Miller in the eastern conference semis, Game 1, 1995.

duncan had a legit quadruple double, he had two blocks that went unrecorded, there's a vid on yt

Pelvis now you got 2 accounts to choose from

Game 6 of the 2012 ECF, Lebron James gets 45 pts with 15 boards. He went 19 for 26 from the field. The media pressure was at a all time high since they lost the last finals and they were down 3-2 in that Boston series

I know it was in a losing effort but MJ dropping 63 against the Celtics should be up there. He did it after missing most of the year.

yeah it's the same game you're referencing in the op. the two that weren't recorded are at 5:38 and 5:58 in that video

So... how do you know they weren't recorded other than going off what some random youtuber said? Unless I'm missing something?? He had 4 previous blocks to those 2?

They lost the game cause the rest of the team was garbage, but Hakeem put up 49-25 with 6 blocks against the Sonics.

Dirk went 12-15 from the field, and 24-24 from the line in that game against the thunder......

Statistically that's the greatest gift shooting performance EVER

Vinsanity in game 3 of ECSF 2001:

50, 6,7,1,4 (only 1 TO!)
19/29 from field, 9/13 from 3....

I know it was in a losing effort but MJ dropping 63 against the Celtics should be up there. He did it after missing most of the year.

Yeah. Hakeem also had a insane game. Isiah with the ankle, even Kareem in a losing effort vs Boston.

Dirk went 12-15 from the field, and 24-24 from the line in that game against the thunder......

Statistically that's the greatest gift shooting performance EVER

Yup I included that game and honestly it was hard ranking it.

1987 Game 4 western conference semis. Showers vs Flakes. Sleep Floyd scores 29 in a quarter and 39 in the second half to beat the Flakes. Flakes went on to win title that year, lot's of people forget about Sleep.

So... how do you know they weren't recorded other than going off what some random youtuber said? Unless I'm missing something?? He had 4 previous blocks to those 2?

because he had 8 other blocks (that he got credit for) in addition to those two blocks at the timestamps i mentioned

1987 Game 4 western conference semis. Showers vs Flakes. Sleep Floyd scores 29 in a quarter and 39 in the second half to beat the Flakes. Flakes went on to win title that year, lot's of people forget about Sleep.

Hey SB GROAT, we can go one thread where we give proper respect to players/teams names. For instance, Warriors vs Lakers would suffice. No need for degenerate ruffian talk in this thread, thanks

Hey SB GROAT, we can go one thread where we give proper respect to players/teams names. For instance, Warriors vs Lakers would suffice. No need for degenerate ruffian talk in this thread, thanks

Calm down.

Back