***NBA Regular Season Thread V3 : The Heat are gelling***

Who is more racist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, Durant came back on the 14th game... also of note, they lost the next game w/Durant and ended the streak.
Yes having Durant back is what tanked them. And starting 2-5 (2-4 if you drop the game where the GSW bench played the Spurs bench) still hasn't happened even without Curry and Draymond (the #1 and #2 most important Warriors according to you) playing. While Durant is averaging 33, 10 and 7 (all rounded down) with 3 blocks/gm on well over 50% shooting.

You're the one who said they would look terrible without Steph. They lost him and Green (and Zaza and Swaggy but who cares) and Durant is still carrying them to easy wins.

I said from the start this is a stupid comparison, but they're 4-0 without Curry and they'll get Green back shortly.

Yes having Durant back is what tanked them. And starting 2-5 (2-4 if you drop the game where the GSW bench played the Spurs bench) still hasn't happened even without Curry and Draymond (the #1 and #2 most important Warriors according to you) playing. While Durant is averaging 33, 10 and 7 (all rounded down) with 3 blocks/gm on well over 50% shooting.

You're the one who said they would look terrible without Steph. They lost him and Green (and Zaza and Swaggy but who cares) and Durant is still carrying them to easy wins.

I said from the start this is a stupid comparison, but they're 4-0 without Curry and they'll get Green back shortly.

Warriors are also 4-0 this season with Curry and not Durant.

Give it some time.

Warriors are also 4-0 this season with Curry and not Durant.

Give it some time.
Yes. They're all stupid comparisons. But again. You're the one who said this injury would prove it's Steph's team by comparing it to Durant's injury last season (which is retarded reasoning to begin with, for several reasons, but it was your declaration).

But if you want to move the goalposts to Durant's absences this season, they also had Draymond (whom you declared the second most important Warrior behind Steph and ahead of Durant, lol) in all of those games. A luxury Durant hasn't had in 3 of his 4 wins.

BTW, have you looked at their upcoming schedule? They're not going to lose any games until Christmas against Cleveland at the earliest. Before then they have the Lakers twice, Memphis and Denver. Not that that win streak they had without Durant last season was against a quality schedule either, but this is truly a shit comparison.

This Curry injury is going to answer the question "Who's more valuable, Curry or Durant?".

Last year, Durant got injured... missed 20 games, and the Warriors went on a 14 game win streak and basically didn't miss a beat. Played some of their best basketball of the season.

Now with Curry out 2+ weeks... watch just how weird the Warrior's will look.

In my estimation... the two most valuable players on the Warriors are 1. Curry 2. Draymond... either time one of them go missing, they simply aren't the Warriors anymore.

The entire team sat one of those games.

So lets say 2-4... so then they went 16-4 over 20 games w/o Durant... 14-0 once they figured out how to play without him and got back in a rhythm.

Lets see how this Warriors squad does w/o Curry. I'll just go ahead and say they don't win 80% of their games, and don't go on any 10+ game win streaks either.

Declarations I made.

I said they'd look "weird".

2 most valuable players are Curry (offense) and Draymond (defense)

Warriors won't win 80% of their games (maybe they will afterall?)

Warriors won't go on any 10+ win streaks (still feeling confident here)

Perhaps you're making too much of this Mr Batman...

2 most valuable players are Curry (offense) and Draymond (defense

Durant is an MVP and finals MVP. Green would probably be sack tapping people on TUF if he wasn't covered by playing with so many great players. C'mon son.

Durant is an MVP and finals MVP. Green would probably be sack tapping people on TUF if he wasn't covered by playing with so many great players. C'mon son.

Draymond is indispensable... I think he'd make just about any team better.

It's been written about over and over, but his defense, ability to switch all 5 positions, ability to push the ball like a point guard and convert on 3s to spread the offense... and his ability to run a break make them unguardable.

I think they could win a title without Durant (they have, would have won 2 without a gift suspension of Draymond) but I don't think they win a title without Steph or without Draymond.

My opinion.

They've held 2 of 3 opponents without Draymond these last 4 games under 100. He's horrible controlling the ball and he gets beat when he tries to defend guards. His only offensive contributions are a stretch 4 spot up shooter, which spaces the offense and his offensive rebounding which he's solid at but not outstanding. Without the shooters he has around him, his offensive game would be even less impactful. Green is a good defender, but the hyperbole around him is ridiculous. He's a PF with a career 43% FG percentage.

Draymond being stupid/dirty enough to get suspended in the Finals isn't a point in his favor. Draymond fucked his team.

And the ring they won without Durant involved dropping 2 games to the Cavs without Love and Irving. A series Iggy won MVP for because Curry was shit and Iggy was more valuable defensively than Green.

Last edited:
Warios have already won 2 titles without Steph. He wasn't hurt but he didn't bother to show up.

Declarations I made.

I said they'd look "weird".

2 most valuable players are Curry (offense) and Draymond (defense)

Warriors won't win 80% of their games (maybe they will afterall?)

Warriors won't go on any 10+ win streaks (still feeling confident here)

Perhaps you're making too much of this Mr Batman...
They haven't looked weird. They're scoring a little less (still well over 100/gm) but holding teams to less as well (under 100/gm). And that's without taking 7 games to adjust like they did when Durant went out.

Durant has been a monster offensively with Curry out. Far exceeding what Staph did with Durant out this year or last. And is leading the team defensively game after game as well. He's already a better rim protector than Green and they're holding teams down without Green, Zaza and Curry.

Warriors didn't win 80% of their games without Durant during that injury last year and haven't won 80% of their games this year with both of them.

Not sure Curry will even miss 10 games, but if this is what you need to hold on to here, congrats if they lose once during his time out.

You also said anytime they go without Curry or Green they aren't the Warriors. They've been without both of them and been fine.

But again, my main contention is that comparing injury stretches from different seasons and different teams, at different points in the season, is just a stupid comparison.

This team is stacked top to bottom. They can lose any one of their 'big 4' and be absolutely fine. So far, it appears as though if Durant is in, they can lose 2 of them and barely miss a beat. They've had 3 starters out in 3 of the last 4 games and won them, the last 2 with ease.

Anyone on the Warriors getting league MVP votes is a joke. Individually they are all completely replaceable on this squad without much damage done.

They haven't looked weird. They're scoring a little less (still well over 100/gm) but holding teams to less as well (under 100/gm). And that's without taking 7 games to adjust like they did when Durant went out.

Durant has been a monster offensively with Curry out. Far exceeding what Staph did with Durant out this year or last. And is leading the team defensively game after game as well. He's already a better rim protector than Green and they're holding teams down without Green, Zaza and Curry.

Warriors didn't win 80% of their games without Durant during that injury last year and haven't won 80% of their games this year with both of them.

Not sure Curry will even miss 10 games, but if this is what you need to hold on to here, congrats if they lose once during his time out.

You also said anytime they go without Curry or Green they aren't the Warriors. They've been without both of them and been fine.

But again, my main contention is that comparing injury stretches from different seasons and different teams, at different points in the season, is just a stupid comparison.

This team is stacked top to bottom. They can lose any one of their 'big 4' and be absolutely fine. So far, it appears as though if Durant is in, they can lose 2 of them and barely miss a beat. They've had 3 starters out in 3 of the last 4 games and won them, the last 2 with ease.

Anyone on the Warriors getting league MVP votes is a joke. Individually they are all completely replaceable on this squad without much damage done.

Lets just let this little experiment fully play out before we draw conclusions.

I actually haven't gotten to see a Warrior's game this week... so I haven't seen how they look. I'll catch a few before Steph gets back.

This really stokes a fire in you tho.

Lets just let this little experiment fully play out before we draw conclusions.

I actually haven't gotten to see a Warrior's game this week... so I haven't seen how they look. I'll catch a few before Steph gets back.

This really stokes a fire in you tho.
I'm mostly just bored. It's snowing and I'm procrastinating getting started shoveling.

But admittedly it does kind of rustle me when people claim Draymond is a superstar. He's a good role player, lionized because he's on the best team ever assembled (and that goes well beyond having their big 4, their depth is ridiculous as well). I honestly think they could lose him forever and not miss a beat. Long term, losing either Steph or Durant would probably put a championship in jeopardy, but they'd still be the favorites.

That Magic jersey tho.

mZVdnmq.jpg
wsxtgAA.jpg
DYorbqh.jpg
vloswY7.jpg
eTUaJur.jpg
k2e8B9I.jpg
HgJeUf0.jpg
6DJkDtC.jpg
nJoMm2x.jpg
8yv9PwR.png
Pyms7x3.jpg
2cfmj3L.jpg
Alc8lqb.jpg
dyeMOLC.jpg
l3ylvVI.jpg

Last edited:
I'm mostly just bored. It's snowing and I'm procrastinating getting started shoveling.

But admittedly it does kind of rustle me when people claim Draymond is a superstar. He's a good role player, lionized because he's on the best team ever assembled (and that goes well beyond having their big 4, their depth is ridiculous as well). I honestly think they could lose him forever and not miss a beat. Long term, losing either Steph or Durant would probably put a championship in jeopardy, but they'd still be the favorites.

I like Draymond... because he's a competitor and a winner. He reminds me of teammates I've had in my own competitive background, and how valuable they were both on the court / field and at practice, sidelines etc.

Now he's a bit of a an idiot, and his lack of control over his emotions is ridiculous but I'll forever feel there's no way in fucking hell he should have been suspended in the finals... Lebron fucking judo tossed him and then walked over him... Draymond was trying to get off the floor.

Look at this shit.
SinfulSatisfiedIlladopsis-small.gif

I'll grant Lebron added points for brilliance for GETTING him suspended. Because that series was over otherwise.

I understand someone feeling he's a product of his surroundings but I'd argue that he's a foundational part of those surroundings.

I like Draymond... because he's a competitor and a winner. He reminds me of teammates I've had in my own competitive background, and how valuable they were both on the court / field and at practice, sidelines etc.

Now he's a bit of a an idiot, and his lack of control over his emotions is ridiculous but I'll forever feel there's no way in fucking hell he should have been suspended in the finals... Lebron fucking judo tossed him and then walked over him... Draymond was trying to get off the floor.

Look at this shit.
SinfulSatisfiedIlladopsis-small.gif

I'll grant Lebron added points for brilliance for GETTING him suspended. Because that series was over otherwise.

I understand someone feeling he's a product of his surroundings but I'd argue that he's a foundational part of those surroundings.

What's your athletic background Lumi?

Lumi taking us back to his 2 team rec league glory days where guys stepped up when called upon like draymond green. In the locker room making sure everybody was loose. Guys like that are indispensable, you wouldn't understand unless you lived that real shit like lumi did. He da real mvp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back