NBA/NHL players have 82 games per year. MMA fighters have 4 fights per year.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
You know, I feel like the same narrative is repeating itself forever, how MMA fighters gets paid peanuts, when a lot of them gets paid a good money + doing what they love to do, which of course can be all relative.

I feel like, all these people complaining about these MMA fighters likely scoff at the idea of the raise of minimum wage, support for low income families, protection for injured veterans, and assistance for seniors who have been integral in supporting our society and making it become what it is today.

The bottom line is, in my opinion, most professional athletes gets overpaid and just because they get overpaid, doesn't mean the others should be equally overpaid either. I personally found it always and to this day hilarious all these fighters and fans with nice house and healthy family cry about their pay, but often you will find, haves will complain for not having enough, while have-nots live in the shadows of our society, needing for more, yet their voice not heard.

4 fights a year? Are we living in 2005? We’d be lucky to see fighters fight 2x a year nowadays.

Some fighters fight once a year.

Lol at 4 fights a year.

So, where is the correlation with Basketball/Hockey vs. MMA?

Stipe just made $800K for fighting Cormier who made $500K. Lebron James just signed a contract for 4 years $154 million, which breaks down to $469K a game. Stipe is paid more for one fight than LeBron is for one game.

Now your thread is better.

Here's the main point as an MMA Fan/Consumer....Who would you rather have the Lion Share of the money....Dana White, a bald headed cunt, who has failed MMA fans time and time again.....or a badass fighter who puts on entertaining fights or has skill?\

Sorry but I don't want that bald son of a bitch getting the Lion Share of the money so he can put snow on his fucking driveway

snow.jpg

Or throwing a sweet 16 for his kid...LMFAO

BBKRciz.img

Sorry, I rather have the fighters get the Lion Share...the sport will become bigger because it will attract more people into it.......I don't give a shit about Dana or WME...They have been fucking ruining the sport for a long ass time, they couldn't get GSP vs AS done...They couldn't sign Fedor...Fuck those cunts, they don't deserve the Lion Share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Only Mike Perry fights four times a year

I would fight 37,5 times a year

Here's the main point as an MMA Fan/Consumer....Who would you rather have the Lion Share of the money....Dana White, a bald headed cunt, who has failed MMA fans time and time again.....or a badass fighter who puts on entertaining fights or has skill?\

Sorry but I don't want that bald son of a bitch getting the Lion Share of the money so he can put snow on his fucking driveway

snow.jpg

BBKRciz.img

Sorry, I rather have the fighters get the Lion Share...the sport to become bigger because it will attract more people into it.......I don't give a shit about Dana or WME...They have been fucking ruining the sport for a long ass time, they couldn't get GSP vs AS done...They couldn't sign Fedor...Fuck those cunts, they don't deserve the Lion Share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I deserve more money than my boss too.

snow.jpg

BBKRciz.img

Sorry, I rather have the fighters get the Lion Share...the sport to become bigger because it will attract more people into it.......I don't give a shit about Dana or WME...They have been fucking ruining the sport for a long ass time, they couldn't get GSP vs AS done...They couldn't sign Fedor...Fuck those cunts, they don't deserve the Lion Share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the brass to get the lion's share of the money because I want to be entertained by bitter fighters whining and being put in their places and trying to start associations and failing miserably. Problem?

Have you watched mainstream sports interviews? Satisfied A level athletes getting A level pay are BORING AS FUCK. I want to hear athletes crying about not being able to afford their kids' college tuition and getting triggered by the bald goof. Fighters getting exploited makes MMA a far more entertaining sport.

The training mma fighters go through is tougher then half the sports who get paid way better.

Anyone thinking fighter pay in mma is ok is clearly not a real fan......

NHL/NBA/MLB/NFL all have two things the UFC does not

1. Plethora of A-level athletes
2. Lack of USADA

Meanwhile the UFC has
1. Greg Hardy
2. USADA

NHL/NBA/MLB/NFL all have two things the UFC does not

1. Plethora of A-level athletes
2. Lack of USADA

Meanwhile the UFC has
1. Greg Hardy
2. USADA

Oh no not that A level athelete BS again.....

everybody that makes more money than me can go fuck themselves.

and anybody that makes less money than me is a poor bum

You know, I feel like the same narrative is repeating itself forever, how MMA fighters gets paid peanuts, when a lot of them gets paid a good money + doing what they love to do, which of course can be all relative.

I feel like, all these people complaining about these MMA fighters likely scoff at the idea of the raise of minimum wage, support for low income families, protection for injured veterans, and assistance for seniors who have been integral in supporting our society and making it become what it is today.

The bottom line is, in my opinion, most professional athletes gets overpaid and just because they get overpaid, doesn't mean the others should be equally overpaid either. I personally found it always and to this day hilarious all these fighters and fans with nice house and healthy family cry about their pay, but often you will find, haves will complain for not having enough, while have-nots live in the shadows of our society, needing for more, yet their voice not heard.

You obviously know very little about sports. NBA/NHL players make a lot more money to begin with. Secondly, both the NHL and NBA have an extended offseason -- barring playoff runs, hockey players are off from mid April until September. And lastly, training for those sports is much less demanding than training for MMA.

MMA fighters are paid just fine if we count the number of minutes they actually perform.

I want the brass to get the lion's share of the money because I want to be entertained by bitter fighters whining and being put in their places and trying to start associations and failing miserably. Problem?

Have you watched mainstream sports interviews? Satisfied A level athletes getting A level pay are BORING AS FUCK. I want to hear athletes crying about not being able to afford their kids' college tuition and getting triggered by the bald goof. Fighters getting exploited makes MMA a far more entertaining sport.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
tenor.gif

Nah, I rather have my fighters be cocky rich pretty boys who rustle the fuck out of the fans because they thinks it's unfair that athletes get paid a shitload to fight or play a game meanwhile they don't, even though what they do is more "important".

Back