Media NBA BRAWL: Lakers VS Rockets. Will NBA Players get their VISAS Revoked? [UFC 229 Comparison]

You do understand how mixed martial arts work, dont you?

Lebron would get wrecked by derrick Lewis. You're talking about a professional basketball player FIGHTING a PROFESSIONAL fighter. Get real kid.

Lebron doesn't have the fight mentality. He's too docile. Looks like Tarzan fights like Jane

I would have paid good money to see Ron Artest fight in MMA though. That guy was strong as shit, would outmuscle PF's and centers regularly and had a bad temper. He'd be HW champ. He had that dog mentality.

tumblr_nfcaeoAa1Q1qedt5eo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfqyvmiTSK1tub9aqo1_500.gif

The top athlete of this generation... who floors A-Level guys by simply running into them... VS a fat guy who has a good punch, yes, but who can't even run for 2 minutes before gassing.

Get real, kid.

Cringe

He may look like he can fight, but Bron doesn't even know how to throw a punch properly. I would think hockey fighters would be more likely to fight in the UFC than basketball players.
I think a prime Nolan Ryan whoops his candy ass.

Will their cornermen be banned from the NBA forever for interfering? This was clearly outside of the game.

Timestamped

Some shoving happened between 2 other players, then Chris Paul channels his inner Jon Jones and gets Rondo with clear DQ-level eye-pokes... before Rondo retaliates and lands a very crisp left, and I believe a very nice overhand to follow. Very sharp accurate punching... none of that bogus wide hammer fist punches we see from the usual A-Level athletes.

Ingram jumps over the players and throws a punch too.

This is unacceptable behavior from professional athletes. I believe this was in LA, will the California Athletic Commission be withholding their purses? or salaries? Will the NBA take harsh action?

Unacceptable behavior in professional sports.

That being said, how will you grade the eye-poke accuracy and left by Rondo? Chris Paul seems to have a young Big Nog chin.

All jokes aside, incase your sarcasm meter is dead, This is something that seems to happen in the major sports, often, in America... why did the Khabib vs Conor post-fight incident receive SO MUCH more negative backlash? It was headlines everywhere. It's all everyone is talking about. Hell, Khabib was on a show with Putin to talk about it.

Will Donald Trump call these NBA players and address the situation live on TV? Where does the NBA go from here? Is what happened at UFC 229 really much worse than what happened here? Did Rondo insult Paul's religion?

Why is it that when it happens in MMA that people give it SO MUCH more shit... guys got hit in a sport that people hit each other in a living. Still doesn't make it ok, but how is this NBA brawl better?

It seems like people are just WAITING to point fingers at MMA to make it out to be a barbaric sport. Not to mention Ingram comes running with a Falcon Punch.

Probably already said but I'm not reading through everyone's responses. They didn't endanger any fans. It was kept to the court. If they were in the stands, surely there would be long suspensions handed out.

Lebron doesn't have the fight mentality. He's too docile. Looks like Tarzan fights like Jane

I would have paid good money to see Ron Artest fight in MMA though. That guy was strong as shit, would outmuscle PF's and centers regularly and had a bad temper. He'd be HW champ. He had that dog mentality.

+ Dennis Rodman , Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Alonzo Morning, Rajan Rondo.
MJ had a good mentality too for fighting.
Anthony Peeler ( for elbowing Kobe on the chin)
Mayby Draymond Green.

As someone who started martial arts 25 years ago... and also played college basketball... I can tell you from my own experience, that top athletic guys are MUCH stronger and can generate much more power than average Joes who have black belts...

LeBron James, that's an athletic built... functional strength and mass... to go with heightened speed and agility.... not the typical bodybuilding look which has zero functionality: stiff arm movement, stiff legs... zero cardio. This is why LeBron James can literally bulldoze into other A-Level athletes and knock them silly...

Anyways, some first-hand experience will really help you understand. It's not too late to train bruh

It's not the same thing, but it is every bit as bad.

No its not. Its not even in the same realm.

Athletes getting into a scuffle on the playing field isn't remotely the same as diving out into the audience to attack someone in the crowd. This is common sense and shouldn't need to be illustrated.

You did have an example in the NBA where a player charged the audience:

After the game, the NBA suspended nine players for a total of 146 games, which led to $11 million in salary being lost by the players. Five players were also charged with assault, and eventually sentenced to a year of probation and community service.

As someone who started martial arts 25 years ago... and also played college basketball... I can tell you from my own experience, that top athletic guys are MUCH stronger and can generate much more power than average Joes who have black belts...

LeBron James, that's an athletic built... functional strength and mass... to go with heightened speed and agility.... not the typical bodybuilding look which has zero functionality: stiff arm movement, stiff legs... zero cardio. This is why LeBron James can literally bulldoze into other A-Level athletes and knock them silly...

Anyways, some first-hand experience will really help you understand. It's not too late to train bruh
He can bulldoze other nba players but he can’t beat top professional fighters in a fight.

I don't think some people on sherdog realize how big and strong NBA players really are.

Ron Artest in his prime, especially as a Pacer... was a BAD man. Dennis Rodman too. Karl Malone was a beast. And prime Shaq? he would Literally Hulk Smash UFC HWs.

The strength features of Wilt Chamberlain is straight out of a cartoon.

No its not. Its not even in the same realm.

Athletes getting into a scuffle on the playing field isn't remotely the same as diving out into the audience to attack someone in the crowd. This is common sense and shouldn't need to be illustrated.

You did have an example in the NBA where a player charged the audience:

After the game, the NBA suspended nine players for a total of 146 games, which led to $11 million in salary being lost by the players. Five players were also charged with assault, and eventually sentenced to a year of probation and community service.
This was exactly what I was going to reference.

Yes there going to revoke there Visa's so they cant go shopping anymore... wtf kind of Visa's are they going to revoke, there fucking American.

Side note, the equivolence would be if a brawl breaks out, and some minor leaguers from Russia jump out of the audience and start laying shots on Lebron, you bet your ass there going to banned for life and have their visas revoked.

Snowflakes....

I don't think some people on sherdog realize how big and strong NBA players really are.

Ron Artest in his prime, especially as a Pacer... was a BAD man. Dennis Rodman too. Karl Malone was a beast. And prime Shaq? he would Literally Hulk Smash UFC HWs.

The strength features of Wilt Chamberlain is straight out of a cartoon.

They are bad men who played basketball.

You need a Visa to play in your home country?

Ingram seems like a real asshole. He caused the foul, he shoved him after the whistle blew, and then he participated in the brawl
And his socks were higher than any mans has a right to be. Those were basically leggings.

Back