Navy buffs, ever seen this thing on a carrier?

deltapapha

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever seen this sort of observing port built into a carrier deck?

QYKnw4v.jpg

Is that an F-22 on the deck? I figured with the 45° wings on the back it'd be a Hornet being it's a Navy Carrier, but it looks like a Raptor.

Is that an F-22 on the deck? I figured with the 45° wings on the back it'd be a Hornet being it's a Navy Carrier, but it looks like a Raptor.

I am a Navy veteran yet my understanding was counterpart USAF jets and aircraft did not have the folding wings. I could be wrong though.

Where I'm at the F-35 flies overhead constantly. I love when the idiots driving in front of me stop their cars as the F-35 flies over my truck in slow moving VTOL flight. Nothing like having 60,000 lbs of aircraft overhead as the vertical thrust beat the hell out of the roof of your vehicle. Fun.

I lived in Mira Mesa as a kid, saw the Blue Angels fly overhead daily (back when Top Gun and them were outta Miramar before it switched to USMC)

Nice. It's pretty cool how they made like four different versions of the plane for all branches on the military

A square peg in 3 differently-shaped round holes.

Back