Native Americans vs Europeans and disease

if only they knew rudimentary animal husbandry techniques, they could have domesticated the GIANT SLOTH instead of eradicating them all.
giant-sloth-size-relative-man.jpg

each animal providing several tons of docile meat. Could probably ride them into battle too, but it'd be hella slow.

Were we both around at the same time? How did we hunt those badasses to extinction? And if those guys around, either their must be an even larger predator. Damn ! ! ! !

Did we hunt the wolly mammoth to extinction too?

Were we both around at the same time? How did we hunt those badasses to extinction? And if those guys around, either their must be an even larger predator. Damn ! ! ! !

yep, the largest animals are always the most ecologically fragile. See how vulnerable elephants and rhinos are in Africa compared to warthogs or gazelles.

21358689848_a7ab83c06c_b.jpg

As you can see, the early inhabitants of the Americas had an abundant feast of exotic meats. The big cats likely died from shortage of their normal prey rather than direct hunting from humans.

But the Natives, and Native descent in Latin Murica is still huge in population. Most are Mestizos, but from the looks of them I sure they are still mostly native. Are all these mestizos, and natives descended from only a handful of survivors? Also did the Conquistadors not use mostly natives as the labor force? Which is why black population is not that high like in Mexico, central America etc, etc.

Really it all depends. Countries like Bolivia have a high percent of native populations where as somewhere like Brazil has more white people. Lots of mixed in the America’s tho.

Google cave lion.

They were, but they had time to grow their population before anyone invaded. Well the Mongols did bring plaques with them. They made Euros sick on purpose, but their expansion was halted by several reasons, and possibly because they got sick themselves.

Same for the Chinese. The asians also had many outbreaks of disease in their history, but I guess anyone invading gets sick too.

Did you know more Muricans died during Civil War from disease than enemy bullets? I think is true for Europe during WW1 also.
Mongol expansion stopped in europe because the khan died and they went back home.

Everywhere else they were too thinly spread out and eventually got their assess kicked.

Definitely the best way of gaining knowledge is to ask a pile of ignorant, bias, racist,delusional, scum of the earth, fuckwits on shertard. Sure to get a solid answer on history here for sure.

This isn't conclusive. Interesting read but I don't know how you can assert what you said with that. I did not know about the mutation Europeans could have that prevents HIV from entering their cells. So I guess you got me there. Having said that, its disingenuous to link that mutation to the plagues because the articles you mentioned impliy the bigger consequence of knowing of this mutations existence leads to questioning what pathogen was responsible for the plagues. That still is not determined and if it was viral it would overturn the academic consensus.

I just said they were cave dwellers.. you mad?
Not at all. Just pointing out that cave dwellers had built modern societies when most of the rest of the world were still in the Stone Age.

How come so many Native Americans died from European diseases, yet Europeans were not eradicated by diseases from the Americas?
Europeans at that time have lived through centuries of warfare, diseases and conquest, real struggles for survival. The land mass is not isolated like the Americas: invaders from Asia and even North Africa have tested the place.

Basically what they had in Europe at that time was the 'distilling' of the toughest genes from a much larger pool: if you're not a tough group of people you would have died out long before.

By contrast the Native Americans have enjoyed thousands of years of uncontested living. The land is so large that everyone is spread out. Population was never concentrated enough to breed a lot of diseases. So it was largely an untested group in terms of biology and human competition.

So when the two groups met: it was like an NFL team (which has gone through a lot of distilling) meeting a high school team: no contest. The conquistadors with 150 men and horses slaughtered thousands of Native Americans and captured their ruler.

If the group of people that became the Native Americans migrated to Europe instead of America, they would have been wiped out or assimilated a long time ago. There was too much competition.

Europeans at that time have lived through centuries of warfare, diseases and conquest, real struggles for survival. The land mass is not isolated like the Americas: invaders from Asia and even North Africa have tested the place.

Basically what they had in Europe at that time was the 'distilling' of the toughest genes from a much larger pool: if you're not a tough group of people you would have died out long before.

By contrast the Native Americans have enjoyed thousands of years of uncontested living. The land is so large that everyone is spread out. Population was never concentrated enough to breed a lot of diseases. So it was largely an untested group in terms of biology and human competition.

So when the two groups met: it was like an NFL team (which has gone through a lot of distilling) meeting a high school team: no contest. The conquistadors with 150 men and horses slaughtered thousands of Native Americans and captured their ruler.

If the group of people that became the Native Americans migrated to Europe instead of America, they would have been wiped out or assimilated a long time ago. There was too much competition.
<Prem973>

Back