National Hispanic Heritage Month

NakamuraNutShot

Trumptastic Voyage
Banned
Reaction score
Recently signed off on by Donald J. Trump, President of The United States of America.

Presidential Proclamation: National Hispanic Heritage Month

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim September 15 through October 15, 2018, as National Hispanic Heritage Month. I call upon public officials, educators, librarians, and all Americans to observe this month with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs.

Good move? Pandering? Softening?

Your thoughts?

Trump put kids in concentration camps where some were sexually abused and some died.

This is like the Jewish heritage month thread. Happens every year for decades and every president signs the order every year without event.

For my part I’ve already eaten Chipotle twice in observation of Hispanic contributions.

I'm not a fan of this.

Instead of calling yourself and "African American", a "Hispanic American" etc. Just say "I'm an American."

More proof that Drump is a deep state agent pushing white genocide

Why does Black History month get an actual month of the calendar while Hispanic Heritage Month gets thirty days haphazardly organized? They gave us tequila, Trump could at least give them all of September.

I'm not a fan of these types of things, but it's not something I'll waste much time crying over. Also not sure what the point of this thread is. This has been a thing for decades (right?), and it's obviously a smart political move to continue.

Recently signed off on by Donald J. Trump, President of The United States of America.

Presidential Proclamation: National Hispanic Heritage Month

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim September 15 through October 15, 2018, as National Hispanic Heritage Month. I call upon public officials, educators, librarians, and all Americans to observe this month with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs.

Good move? Pandering? Softening?

Your thoughts?

Softening?

I see no contradiction between being hard on hispanics who enter the country illegally and promoting a month to recognize Hispanic culture.

But then again, Stephen Miller once ate at a Mexican restaurant.

We don’t have to celebrate Mexico month if we deport the Mexicans

<TheDonald>

I'm not a fan of this.

Instead of calling yourself and "African American", a "Hispanic American" etc. Just say "I'm an American."
Hispanic American is a manufactured classification, so it makes no sense, just as Asian American makes no dam sense as a racial classifier.
White and African American does make some scientific sense.

The reason we have Hyphenated American is because for most of America's history, society and government never viewed non-White Americans as Americans on par with White Americans. It is still the norm in Alt-Right circles to only consider Euro-Americans as true Americans.

Why does Black History month get an actual month of the calendar while Hispanic Heritage Month gets thirty days haphazardly organized? They gave us tequila, Trump could at least give them all of September.
NHHM commenced on 9/15, which coincides with Mexican Independence Day. Mexico’s Independence Day is the 16th, but close enough.

I'm not a fan of these types of things, but it's not something I'll waste much time crying over. Also not sure what the point of this thread is. This has been a thing for decades (right?), and it's obviously a smart political move to continue.
So, you consider it a “smart political move”, yet you don’t understand why it’s worth discussing, despite Trump’s history of perceived derogatory comments towards Hispanics?

Is it weird that it doesn’t start on the first of the month? Seems weird.

Uh, the Don loves Mexicans
Screen_Shot_2016-05-05_at_3.40.26_PM.0.0.png

I'm not a fan of this.

We would love to. But we need whitey to help us with that as well.

I'm not a fan of this.

If "American" means that I like my government, which is an oppressive nation building war machine which saddles it's subjects with debt slavery, then I don't want to call myself American either.

It’s hispanic heritage month? I had no idea

Por el resto de el mes voy hablar en español así que preparen sus google translate por que voy a estar como un cubano típico con el acere que bola y todo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back