National Endowment for the Arts: Bye Bye?

Fuck speculation, I said examples..

He isn't wrong though, and you know it. No one in the hood gives a shit about "arts". Shit that wont help them get out of the hood..

Bullshit. The entire hip-hop movement was born in the hood. Hip-hop is compromised of different forms of art. And art in the hood isn't limited to hip-hop. Since you seem to think you're some sort of hood representative, you should know this.

Computers for schools, and actually spending that money on shit that will get them out of the hood is better then funding "arts".

^speculation

Besides, most of the "arts" is just code word for shit white people like anyways, and that is something the left doesn't like anyways.

^retardation

wont someone please think of all those poor shamisen and gravikord players??? What shall we ever do without them?

Fuck the arts, nobody growing up in the hood gives a shit about the "arts." Why don't they spend that 1 trillion a year giving computers to classrooms for their students to learn?

Thats probably the cigarette tax.

who gives a fuck about bum kids

The arts are important, now if they get a lot of money in private funding then no big deal

Bullshit. The entire hip-hop movement was born in the hood. Hip-hop is compromised of different forms of art. And art in the hood isn't limited to hip-hop. Since you seem to think you're some sort of hood representative, you should know this.

^speculation

^retardation

To bad hip hop isn't real art.. Never was. Also, if it Hip hop was soo good for the hood rats, then how many are actually gotten out of the hood because of it? Prove it is a number higher then 1%.

Make every public school a military academy. They can get an education, discipline and fuel our military complex.

I dont see why the individual states cant handle education. In my admitedly ill informed opinion , I think a lot of these umbella type agencies could probably be slashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Little conflicted. I'd like to see what examples this program is funding before deciding if this is wasting money on the arts or actual something beneficial to society
It's not even a tenth of a percent of the budget.

who gives a fuck about bum kids

The arts are important, now if they get a lot of money in private funding then no big deal

The entire point of publicly funded broadcasting and arts funding is so that none of it is as the behest of private money or what are effectively lobbyist type financial influences. They're actually mandated and regulated to not push political agenda and be as down the middle as possible.

Otherwise you get news like fox.

It's not even a tenth of a percent of the budget.

That is a horrible justification for spending money on as large a scale of the government of the United States

I do think we need to get the major expenditures down like the Military, but a tenth of a percent that can be reallocated to something like education or infrastructure should not be ignored as it is still sizeable

That is a horrible justification for spending money on as large a scale of the government of the United States

I do think we need to get the major expenditures down like the Military, but a tenth of a percent that can be reallocated to something like education or infrastructure should not be ignored as it is still sizeable
You're overreacting. The idea was to drive the arts because it was recognized as a highly valuable part of a rich and diverse society. The Broadcasting was aimed at being fee to access, down the middle politically and devoid of special interests. And yes, considering the absolutely minuscule cost, this is partisanship clear as day. I don't really see why we shouldn't be driving arts and vanilla news reporting. And yes, the size of the outlay does justify the order or immediacy of review and in this case it's nothing to the overall budget. We're talking about grants and funding for museums here - things like that. And ps - this is all ultimately tied into education which you listed.

We need to cut out that stuff so we can spend more on the military. Because 550 billion a year is making us weak!

Went to college with someone that played clarinet in the military band.

She told me that the military bands get more funding than the national endowment of the arts.

last-supper-Da_Vinci-H.jpeg

5efd3f3ee58ee1659f2f61eaa8d14115.jpg

Humanism_Triggers_Renaissance_SF_still_624x352.jpg

Maybe we shouldn't forget where western civilization left the dark ages behind.

Good, fuck you over rated Meryl Streep
320x486.jpg

To bad hip hop isn't real art.. Never was. Also, if it Hip hop was soo good for the hood rats, then how many are actually gotten out of the hood because of it? Prove it is a number higher then 1%.
Probably not what you're thinking
CC-114-002-800.jpg

Use that money to build the fucking wall.

Seriously, I'm all about museums but other shit should be funded in other ways....theatres??? C'mon. Does anybody even watch pbs anymore??? Most of that stuff was funded by the national endowment for the arts.

kids do. They have plenty of education cartoons that you wouldn't find elsewhere. And, no, not cartoons with an evil liberal brainwashing agenda but things like reading and dinosaurs...which I think are bi-partisan.

This is a bad move. America is a country lacking culture compared to the rest of the world. An they wish to eliminate the funding to what we have.

I'm counting on NEA secretary Toby Keith to make wise decisions.

Back