Nathaniel 'The Prospect' Wood

KeiranMc

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I haven't seen any threads on this young guy who defended his cage warriors title for the second time last night with a spectacular left hook ko in the first round taking him to 13-3.

Trained by former UFC fighter Brad Pickett, he's looked impressive every time I've seen him and seems to make noticeable improvements in every fight.

What do do you think is next for Wood, more CW defenses? UFC maybe?

I'd say he should defend against Brian Bouland. Jack Shore didn't look bad last night either but judging by their common opponent I'd say Wood destroys him, and I don't want to see Shore's hype train killed off so early.

By the way if anyone didn't catch the Nathaniel Wood fight last night here's the finish.

UFC debut vs Johhny Eduardo on 1st June.

UFC debut vs Johhny Eduardo on 1st June.
That's a tough debut. Eduardo was top 15 a couple years back and if Wood beats him in an impressive fashion then he'd probably be top 20 or at least25 imo.

That's a tough debut. Eduardo was top 15 a couple years back and if Wood beats him in an impressive fashion then he'd probably be top 20 or at least25 imo.

He will smoke Eduardo

You reckon so? I know he's quite old now, but he's still got wins over solid opponents.

Don't you? He looks the real deal and I like the fact Pickett is by his side and he's not surrounded by yes men
This will be like feeding time at the zoo

Don't you? He looks the real deal and I like the fact Pickett is by his side and he's not surrounded by yes men
This will be like feeding time at the zoo
I guess I still remember his losses in BAMMA that were only a couple of years ago. He's obviously grown as a fighter but I'm just sceptical on whether he's grown to the level of Johnny Eduardo. I'd love to see him do well though.

Back