Nathan Carnage Corbett

170 KG+ ? You know Mighty Mo was only like 130 KG and Bob Sapp only 160 KG even Lungu and Hong-man Choi wasn't that big.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that he was talking about either 170 pounds or 70 KG.

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior. His first fight in Glory he lost to Spong, yeah, but on their first fight Corbett knocked Spong out. Spong refused to rematch Corbett in full MT rules. If Spong or Saki fought Corbett under MT rules it would be a very different outcome.
I just love how MT guys have to cross over into K1 rules to prove themselves, yet K1 dudes dont have to fight under MT rules to prove their worth.
Above 70KG during that time, yes you had to fight in Kickboxing to prove yourself because again, that is where all the talent was.

@Cocakillbana can pat you on the back all he wants but even he knows there is ZERO Muay Thai above 70KG...

Above 70KG during that time, yes you had to fight in Kickboxing to prove yourself because again, that is where all the talent was.

@Cocakillbana can pat you on the back all he wants but even he knows there is ZERO Muay Thai above 70KG...
Talent that hadnt proved itself with elbows and clinch work. Just like Lethwei fighters havent proved themselves because they havent fought in MT rules.

Talent that hadnt proved itself with elbows and clinch work. Just like Lethwei fighters havent proved themselves because they havent fought in MT rules.
Prove itself where? In that one and done flop of a promotion that put on Spong vs Carnage !? Money brings talent not rule sets. The money was in Kickboxing so was the talent.

Carnage was offered a K-1 contract and refused because he didn't want to risk losing to bigger guys. These are the facts.

Basketball guys ein't s**t till they also korfball champions gosh darn it.

How dare you

that was actually beyond amazing.

heQv3mz.gif

itrnqvF.gif

W4chSIR.gif

Prove itself where? In that one and done flop of a promotion that put on Spong vs Carnage !? Money brings talent not rule sets. The money was in Kickboxing so was the talent.

Carnage was offered a K-1 contract and refused because he didn't want to risk losing to bigger guys. These are the facts.
that was their 2nd show the first one was better and didn't have the stupid ass fashion show attached to it. Nathan fought in K-1 back in '07 and won a tournament when K-1 didn't have their -100kg weightclass for his first fight with Spong it was 93kg and Spong missed weight. Nathan didn't get up to 95kg until after that fight and pissed away those last four years fighting fighter not at his level and when he did decide to go to Kickboxing he was what 33 - 34 years old. There's weightclasses for a reason I wouldn't expect Corbett to want to fight guys like Hari, JLB, Aerts, Schilt, or Ghita in K-1 but I would've loved to see him fight Spong, Saki, Manhoef, Kyotaro, and Zabit back in '09-'11.

170 KG+ ? You know Mighty Mo was only like 130 KG and Bob Sapp only 160 KG even Lungu and Hong-man Choi wasn't that big.

im not sure how many kg's he is but back when i used to fight for millennia mma, mighty mo was regularly there friday nights. Let me tell you he is an extremely large powerfull man, add on top of that he knows how to fight kick etc and he can move quickly. Not sure of his rankings but I can tell you that he is a dangerous man.

How dare you

carnage never fought anybody this low of skill level. These guys are a total joke. Carnage could slap those guys with one hand.

I can see how someone may want to make the argument that the skill level in his weight class is not the same skill level as 130 lbs guys this is true, but regardless of that, the skill level himself and the guys he was fighting were still high.

check the skill level here:

saying carnage is low skill level because of the weight class he fought is like saying.......

people-will-always-have-something-to-say-how-cruel-he-19911213.png

Last edited:
well in defense of Corbett he was a good fighter and had some good wins against good kickboxers,but his HW MT career cant be taken seriously

Most of his Muay thai fights are against guys who are massively undersized and dont have a clue on how to fight MT

you cant be called and "elbow god" when you are basically the only person who can throw a mediocre elbow in his fight against average joes or kickboxers

Don't get me wrong I, I certainly think Carnage was skilled, just way more skilled than the majority of his opponents. Big fish in a small pond if you will...

Back