Nate,who rarely kicks, just learned how to check kicks, destroyed Conor with Boxing only!!!!!!!!!!

conor not even fight the tap. He just took it

more badass if he went out unconscious or put up fight.
when you've felt a choke from a legit black belt, you tap.

Going unconscious / letting your arm break or some other dumb shit Is just stubborn nonsense. It's the anti thesis of what Is taught In jiu jitsu today.

Nate's a legit 2nd degree black belt and his game is tight as fuck, there was no fight to be had from that choke.

I'll repeat, the first Nate fight was the first and last time Conor has ever fought that recklessly. He was winging bullshit left and right, no real technique, a lot of arm punches and sloppy spinning kicks.

The second Nate fight is an example of the opposite. So is the Chad fight. The Alvarez fight. Really every fight he's had besides the first Nate fight had varying levels of precisision and technique. None as sloppy as Nate 1.
Probably got cocky. Wasn't training as seriously as he should've been. Got humbled.

The weight was definitely a factor though. He just ate whatever he wanted, thinking he'd go In there and finish Nate within 2 rounds and went all In with his energy. Nate took all his shots and just kept coming.

I think a lot of people underestimated Nate, Including Conor.

Nate's that kind of guy that needed a big fight / big money to reach into himself and achieve his full potential as a fighter and I feel like he got that with Conor.

Gotta give credit to Nate as well, he stepped up his game pretty dramatically over the last few years whether people see It or not. His boxing has come a long way, even guys like Amir khan, andre ward have shown him some love

when you've felt a choke from a legit black belt, you tap.

Going unconscious / letting your arm break or some other dumb shit Is just stubborn nonsense. It's the anti thesis of what Is taught In jiu jitsu today.

Nate's a legit 2nd degree black belt and his game is tight as fuck, there was no fight to be had from that choke.
Funny....Holly didn't tap.......

Why can't you people admit that a Pure Boxer is Conor's Kryptonite in MMA?

Imagine what GGG/Canelo would do....both of which are much physically stronger than lanky diaz and have 100x better boxing.

Nate for the longest time didn't know how to check kicks, just see how badly RDA destroyed his legs...He just barely learned, and Conor's crap leg kicks gave him no problem.

Nate also rarely kicks, and when he does kick, they are basic kicks....Nothing that requires years of training.

Floyd/GGG/Canelo etc.....can easily learn TDD/Check Leg kicks/be aware of kicks in around 6 months to a year.....Again the amount of skill required to stop Conor's leg kicks or Takedowns isn't much.

I know what people will say "but but nate diaz has BJJ and Conor has good takedowns"....LMFAO, Conor's takedowns have not been proven to be good....He got down little manlets who were new to MMA at the time, like Max Halloway and some regional fighters...His takedowns aren't even close to world class.

Im not saying Floyd, GGG, Canelo would conquer MMA....Tony Ferguson/Khabib/ and true wrestlers would kill them....but you bet your ass, that they would destroy Conor in MMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish mayweather had the same confidence in mma as you, make the fight already

View attachment 340625

Nate Diaz is extremely underrated in my opinion because he took so many ridiculous fights against bigger killers earlier in his career. His record is very misleading cause the same fighters who beat him would have absolutely murdered McGregor. Rory MacDonald, Benson Henderson, Josh Thomson, Rafael Dos Santos sound familiar? These are some of the killers Nate fought. These are fights no respectable manager would allow their younger fighter to take on whim like Nate did. He had over 20 something UFC seats under his record. UNDEFEATED Khabib only has like 5 UFC fights to date.

He didn't just "fight killers" he fought guys his size. It's called fighting world class opponents. He fought guys his size @ WW, figured he would get ragdolled by everyone else like Rory literally did to him so decided to stick to fighting much shorter and smaller guys(Of course still losing badly all the time).

thread needs more exclamation points imo

Funny....Holly didn't tap.......
There's plenty of fighters that don't tap.

I'm just saying, It doesn't mean fighters are badasses for allowing themselves to be choked unconscious or have their arms broken. It just means they're often pig headed / stubborn.

People who actually think you're a pussy for tapping have clearly never trained or know anything about jiu jitsu.

There's plenty of fighters that don't tap.

I'm just saying, It doesn't mean fighters are badasses for allowing themselves to be choked unconscious or have their arms broken. It just means they're often pig headed / stubborn.

People who actually think you're a pussy for tapping have clearly never trained or know anything about jiu jitsu.
Clearly.....*yawn.....Pathetic Peons....

He didn't just "fight killers" he fought guys his size. It's called fighting world class opponents. He fought guys his size @ WW, figured he would get ragdolled by everyone else like Rory literally did to him so decided to stick to fighting much shorter and smaller guys(Of course still losing badly all the time).
Nate's run at Welterweight was against fighters who outweighed him by 20 lbs of muscle; Conor's run at Featherweight was against fighters whom he outweighed by minimum 10 lbs of muscle.

Carlos Condit is 6'2", does that mean he should be fighting at Light Heavyweight? Your logic is hilariously flawed.

What the hell is this nonsense?

You think Floyd, GGG and Canelo would beat Conor in MMA? Are you retarded?

Goater is not the brightest of the bunch, but he has passion.

Nate didn't just learn how to check kicks recently. He's known for a very long time. His stance just makes him susceptible to kicks. He has most of his weight on his lead leg, making it harder to lift your leg up in time to check any low kicks. His stance really isn't recommended for MMA for the most part and it's the same with Nick but they make it work. Their forward pressure puts most decent kickers move backwards and moving backwards makes it more difficult to get off good kicks. Not hard to understand. It's nothing to do with Nate apparently not knowing how to check kicks. Idiot.

513971508.0.jpg
nate-diaz-17.jpg
michael-johnson-nate-diaz-mma-ufc-fight-night-diaz-vs-johnson-1.jpg
Really fanboy? Salty much? I'd love to see McGregor, Ferguson and Khabib fight those same opponents and watch what happens.

Probably got cocky. Wasn't training as seriously as he should've been. Got humbled.

The weight was definitely a factor though. He just ate whatever he wanted, thinking he'd go In there and finish Nate within 2 rounds and went all In with his energy. Nate took all his shots and just kept coming.

I think a lot of people underestimated Nate, Including Conor.

Nate's that kind of guy that needed a big fight / big money to reach into himself and achieve his full potential as a fighter and I feel like he got that with Conor.

Gotta give credit to Nate as well, he stepped up his game pretty dramatically over the last few years whether people see It or not. His boxing has come a long way, even guys like Amir khan, andre ward have shown him some love
Absolutely agree with it all. It definitely pushed Nate to new levels when I had pretty much written him off. You can tell he trained very hard for those fights, an unexpected but great rivalry. Stylistically, they matched up much better than anyone expected.

Nate didn't just learn how to check kicks recently. He's known for a very long time. His stance just makes him susceptible to kicks. He has most of his weight on his lead leg, making it harder to lift your leg up in time to check any low kicks. His stance really isn't recommended for MMA for the most part and it's the same with Nick but they make it work. Their forward pressure puts most decent kickers move backwards and moving backwards makes it more difficult to get off good kicks. Not hard to understand. It's nothing to do with Nate apparently not knowing how to check kicks. Idiot.
well said, very true.

That said, Nate's much better at dealing with kicks these days than he has been In the past.

Absolutely agree with it all. It definitely pushed Nate to new levels when I had pretty much written him off. You can tell he trained very hard for those fights, an unexpected but great rivalry. Stylistically, they matched up much better than anyone expected.
It's a little sad though, because I really do think Nate reached Into himself for those fights but he's still pegged as the guy who lost to Thompson 5 years ago.

I think current Nate Is one of the more underrated fighters I've seen In a while.

View attachment 340625

Nate Diaz is extremely underrated in my opinion because he took so many ridiculous fights against bigger killers earlier in his career. His record is very misleading cause the same fighters who beat him would have absolutely murdered McGregor. Rory MacDonald, Benson Henderson, Josh Thomson, Rafael Dos Santos sound familiar? These are some of the killers Nate fought. These are fights no respectable manager would allow their younger fighter to take on whim like Nate did. He had over 20 something UFC seats under his record. UNDEFEATED Khabib only has like 5 UFC fights to date.

Just how do Nate's balls taste?

Nate was 29.5 years old when he fought RDA. Not a Kid, almost 30. He was 28 when he fought The Punk. He was 27.5 when he fought Bendo. Not a kid, not early in his career. They were all LWs when they fought.

Nate "Undefeated" for 20 fights? Smoke it up Johnny! Nate stated in the UFC by winning his first 5, then lost 3 of his next 4 (should have been all 4). Never won more than 3 in a row since. Win a couple, lose a couple. After those first 5 fights he is 9 - 9 in the UFC.

But you seem to love to lick his balls anyway. Good on ya!

Just how do Nate's balls taste?

Nate was 29.5 years old when he fought RDA. Not a Kid, almost 30. He was 28 when he fought The Punk. He was 27.5 when he fought Bendo. Not a kid, not early in his career. They were all LWs when they fought.

Nate "Undefeated" for 20 fights? Smoke it up Johnny! Nate stated in the UFC by winning his first 5, then lost 3 of his next 4 (should have been all 4). Never won more than 3 in a row since. Win a couple, lose a couple. After those first 5 fights he is 9 - 9 in the UFC.

But you seem to love to lick his balls anyway. Good on ya!

Another salty McGregor fanboy.

Back