Nate squashes beef with Conor

I kind of expect that too. IF he comes back. He was already mentally ahead of most strikers in MMA in terms of his understanding of angles, speed, movment and timing. So yeah, this looks like he should get kitted out with some new wrinkles. Only thing is it's only, what, 2-3 months of training? If he did a year of it I think it would be immediately obvious as soon as he got back in with anyone.

BUT, this is Conor, Mr. Mind Over Matter, so I've learned not to rule out what he sees in his mind's eye. He makes things grow from thought to reality pretty skillfully.

IF?

Nah, Conor is done with the UFC.

He's not going from 100 million a fight to 16 million. Not only that but MMA is much more taxing on the body

There's nothing left for him in the UFC and Khabib can't make weight for shit nor is he marketable enough. Tony and Kevin are even worse in terms of Marketability.

I don't see him coming back unless its 200 million a fight minimum

Pauli is next and its clear. Conor has already set up the storyline. Yall playing checkers, He playing chess

This is old AF. I think its from the tony hinchcliffe interview.

FAKE NEWS.

IF?

He's not going from 100 million a fight to 16 million. Not only that but MMA is much more taxing on the body

There's nothing left for him in the UFC and Khabib can't make weight for shit nor is he marketable enough. Tony and Kevin are even worse in terms of Marketability.

Pauli is next and its clear. Conor has already set up the storyline. Yall playing checkers, He playing chess

That's why I said IF. I don't EXPECT it, but he's saying it so I'm leaving the door open....

I think he DEF fights for less than 200 mill again, whether boxing or MMA. This 100 mill will be his biggest pay day ever.

BUT EVEN THEN, a 2 month camp and fight for 14 mill? If they offer that he'd be a fool not to take it. Twice a year is a great way to keep spending his millions while replenishing his supply of duckets.

EDIT: But I do see him doing another boxing match next. Maybe Paulie yes....

That's why I said IF. I don't EXPECT it, but he's saying it so I'm leaving the door open....

I think he DEF fights for less than 200 mill again, whether boxing or MMA. This 100 mill will be his biggest pay day ever.

BUT EVEN THEN, a 2 month camp and fight for 14 mill? If they offer that he'd be a fool not to take it. Twice a year is a great way to keep spending his millions while replenishing his supply of duckets.

EDIT: But I do see him doing another boxing match next. Maybe Paulie yes....

I agree, this will be his biggest payday ever if he loses.

However, If he KOs Floyd, he becomes the A side and he calls the shots. 200mill minimum.

a rematch could be the highest selling ppv in history and if Floyd wins? a rubber match.

This fight is like the butterfly effect and could change Conor's life forever, it would cement him with the greats like Ali and Bruce Lee

IF?

I don't understand this line of thinking but I keep hearing it. What person in any other business strikes his biggest business deal ever, let's use $100M as an example, and then says, I'm never making another business deal again if it doesn't make me at least the same amount of money?

Why would anyone turn down millions just because they once made $100M? Do you think any successful business person has ever actually done this?

I know it's a little different at this scale, because Conor literally never needs to work another day in his life, but he loves to spend money. Why wouldn't he want to keep making more? $16M is A LOT of money.

He's lecturing on "technological innovation and emerging world markets" at the University of Toronto next month. I'm thinking of picking up a ticket but I haven't even read his book yet....

That shits so fake. Most of nates major publications in the field were ghost written by his brother Nick

I agree, this will be his biggest payday ever if he loses.

However, If he KOs Floyd, he becomes the A side and he calls the shots. 200mill minimum.

a rematch could be the highest selling ppv in history and if Floyd wins? a rubber match.

This fight is like the butterfly effect and could change Conor's life forever, it would cement him with the greats like Ali and Bruce Lee

Ok, first I have to see that he can hit Floyd cleanly before I even go down hypothesis lane THAT far!

I wasn't really considering an "if he wins" scenario

I don't understand this line of thinking but I keep hearing it. What person in any other business strikes his biggest business deal ever, let's use $100M as an example, and then says, I'm never making another business deal again if it doesn't make me at least the same amount of money?

Why would anyone turn down millions just because they once made $100M? Do you think any successful business person has ever actually done this?

I know it's a little different at this scale, because Conor literally never needs to work another day in his life, but he loves to spend money. Why wouldn't he want to keep making more? $16M is A LOT of money.

I see your point but Conor is worth way more than 16 mil a fight and he brings in alot of ppv buys.

If 16mil is all that the UFC can offer then Conor should just stick to boxing

Conor shouldn't settle for anything less than 75 mil after this fight.

Ok, first I have to see that he can hit Floyd cleanly before I even go down hypothesis lane THAT far!

I wasn't really considering an "if he wins" scenario

LOL! I guess that's what we're all tuning in for.

From what I'm hearing, Conor's been really unorthodox in his styles from karate to muy thai. I'm wondering if the bladed karate stance will make any difference

LOL! I guess that's what we're all tuning in for.

From what I'm hearing, Conor's been really unorthodox in his styles from karate to muy thai. I'm wondering if the bladed karate stance will make any difference

It must. But will it be enough to land cleanly enough times?

It must. But will it be enough to land cleanly enough times?

It only takes one and the 8oz gloves has sparked my interest. I wished that they dropped it to 4oz just to level the playing field considering that Floyd is undefeated

That shits so fake. Most of nates major publications in the field were ghost written by his brother Nick
Well Nick is more articulate so it's likely. No wonder he will only speak from "behind the curtain"

Thought that was weird.

I see your point but Conor is worth way more than 16 mil a fight and he brings in alot of ppv buys.

If 16mil is all that the UFC can offer then Conor should just stick to boxing

Conor shouldn't settle for anything less than 75 mil after this fight.

You're absolutely right about him being worth more than $16M/fight.

As for the rest of your post, maybe, but he might not have that option. If his choice is either fight for say, $30M or not fight at all, my bet is on him taking the $30M. Let's say he loses to Mayweather but is then offered a fight against Paulie. Do you think he could ask for $75M to fight Paulie? My guess is no.

Mayweather is by far the biggest name in boxing he could ever possibly fight. He won't get anywhere near what he's about to make boxing anyone not named Mayweather, especially if he loses.

Now, if he wins it's a little different. His stock skyrockets. But I still don't see him making anywhere near $100M fighting anyone other than Mayweather.

It only takes one and the 8oz gloves has sparked my interest. I wished that they dropped it to 4oz just to level the playing field considering that Floyd is undefeated

I don't buy that one punch thing. Only man Conor's KO'd in one is Aldo. Boxers roll with punches and weed out weak chins in the gym. No hiding the chin behind grappling and wrestling. At pro level, they have way better and way more tested chins than MMA guys. If Conor can't KO MMA guys in one shot (other than Aldo) he's not going to be able to do it to Floyd, even with 4oz gloves.

In 8oz gloves there's almost no chance. He MIGHT land a hard enough blow to stagger him, possibly.

In a crazy bizarro world scenario he might even drop Floyd. But Floyd would still have a 10 count, so that's just a knock down and a won round. And that's in a crazy bizarro world.

The fact that he landed that left hand CLEANLY with FULL power on Paulie and Paulie didn't go unconscious and didn't even fall down..... doesn't suggest he has any real chance of KO'ing Floyd, who gets hit cleanly WAAAAAY less than Paulie.

I think the KO talk is to sell tickets. It's not impossible but based on his history, abilities and Floyd's history and abilities, it's close to impossible.

To me, landing a few clean punches would be a huge moral victory. Dropping Floyd in a round would be an epic victory. But winning the fight seems nearly impossible and KO'ing a boxer seems like a pipe dream.

He doesn't hit THAT hard!

EDIT: If he can drop Floyd in ANY round and have photos of him standing over Floyd on the mat, even if he loses the overal match or gets KO'd, he'd be a LEGEND! He doesn't have to win to become a legend.

Sets up Nate Diaz vs McGregor in Boxing at 154 with 8oz gloves.

I don't buy that one punch thing. Only man Conor's KO'd in one is Aldo. Boxers roll with punches and weed out weak chins in the gym. No hiding the chin behind grappling and wrestling. At pro level, they have way better and way more tested chins than MMA guys. If Conor can't KO MMA guys in one shot (other than Aldo) he's not going to be able to do it to Floyd, even with 4oz gloves.

In 8oz gloves there's almost no chance. He MIGHT land a hard enough blow to stagger him, possibly.

In a crazy bizarro world scenario he might even drop Floyd. But Floyd would still have a 10 count, so that's just a knock down and a won round. And that's in a crazy bizarro world.

The fact that he landed that left hand CLEANLY with FULL power on Paulie and Paulie didn't go unconscious and didn't even fall down..... doesn't suggest he has any real chance of KO'ing Floyd, who gets hit cleanly WAAAAAY less than Paulie.

I think the KO talk is to sell tickets. It's not impossible but based on his history, abilities and Floyd's history and abilities, it's close to impossible.

To me, landing a few clean punches would be a huge moral victory. Dropping Floyd in a round would be an epic victory. But winning the fight seems nearly impossible and KO'ing a boxer seems like a pipe dream.

He doesn't hit THAT hard!

EDIT: If he can drop Floyd in ANY round and have photos of him standing over Floyd on the mat, even if he loses the overal match or gets KO'd, he'd be a LEGEND! He doesn't have to win to become a legend.

If Conor really didn't give a fuck and wanted to become a legend, he should just head kick Floyd and become the 1 in 49-0-1

all joking aside, you've made a great analysis and I respect that. When you put it like that, it really makes sense

Back