Nate Diaz is a tougher fight for Conor than Tony or Lee

Thing about Diaz is that he always fights the same so he is easier to rematch against. Throw leg kicks and circle around usually does it. Nate is a gatekeeper and there are more dangerous guys out there.

You need to have Edson level leg kicks to have any effectiveness with just leg kicks. Conor's leg kicks aren't that good, and he'll probably be just as wobbled once he gasses.

Anyone that has a great boxing, chin, and cardio and can put it on Conor late is going to be a favorable match up.

Lee was knocked out by Leo fucking Santos and el Cucuy is so freaking hittable, if Vanatta did all that hedid against Tony, Conor should be able to Knock Tony out. So yes.

But no, I don't want to see that fight just now. I already saw enough of Conor leg kicking and backpedaling in their second fight. If a third fight happens Conor is going to time travel to 1898. It's going to be Condit-Diaz all over again. He is going to do a GSP-RDA-Bendo pragmatic show of how to beat a Diaz with the rulebook under his arm.

He should fight the interim champ. But the fight I really want to see is Conor vs Barboza.

Last edited:
Lee was knocked out by Leo fucking Santos and el Cucuy is so freaking hittable, if Vanatta did all that hedid against Tony, Conor should be able to Knock Tony out. So yes.

But no, I don't want to see that fight just now. I already so enough of Conor leg kicking and backpedaling in their second fight. If a third fight happens Conor is going to time travel to 1898. It's going to be Condit-Diaz all over again. He is going to do a GSP-RDA-Bendo pragmatic show of how to beat a Diaz with the rulebook under his arm.

He should fight the interim champ. But the fight I really want to see is Conor vs Barboza.

Not interested in seeing that fight. People complaining about Conor's grappling would see it in full display on that fight and I wouldn't be surprised if Barboza is submitted.

Edson really just doesn't have much to offer outside of a surprise KO kick.

The Diaz fight is the one that will happen for financial reasons. From a sporting perspective, this is disgraceful.

Not interested in seeing that fight. People complaining about Conor's grappling would see it in full display on that fight and I wouldn't be surprised if Barboza is submitted.

Edson really just doesn't have much to offer outside of a surprise KO kick.

Tony had a hard time trying to take Barboza down. He just won that fight because Edson did a Matt Mitrione that time. I think Conor may have tools to submit Barboza once in the floor, but he doesn't have what it takes to take Edson down.

Tony had a hard time trying to take Barboza down. He just won that fight because Edson did a Matt Mitrione that time. I think Conor may have tools to submit Barboza once in the floor, but he doesn't have what it takes to take Edson down.

Ehh, Tony isn't the greatest takedown wrestler either to be honest. Conor has very good timing on his takedowns that he mixes up well so he can get him down.

I don't think he's going to be throwing him around. I just think he's going to get on top of him do some damage. Pressure him and box him like Michael Johnson did and not allow any kicks off. I don't really think it'll be close to be honest. Conor by submission or TKO in first two rounds.

I understand the frustration, but this is the truth.

Nate is a stylistic very hard fight for Conor and poses great risk.

If Conor wins the third fight, Tony or Lee will be PICKED APART standing with Conor.

wtf makes you think that Tony would continue standing with Conor if he wasn't winning the fight that way? He subbed Barboza for crying out loud.

lee n ferg are on another level

Conor might be somewhat competitive vs lw gatekeepers,

However top guys would beat life outta him

You can't both do better=the same
Yes, I think they're both better fighters at 155 than they are at 170. SO I think they will both do better than they did last 2 times

It's not going to be a title fight? I understand it's better for the ufc an conor but i dont see why it shouldn't be one
It might be, I'm not sure yet, but If Dan Henderson got a title shot without even being top 10 maybe they will give Nate one. He already said he doesn't care about titles tho. If he even won it I wouldn't expect him to ever defend it

We know Nate's a tough guy but to me he isn't deserving of the title shot. Why are they bothering to even make it a ts when apparently belts don't matter anymore? Congrats to their big payday but I genuinely am more interested in a legit champ v contender.
Hopefully Conor retires after this and we can go back to contenders getting their shots.
Also in reference to a lot of comments i'm seeing in other threads "blame ufc for allowing to act this way!" Blame both of them. His follower fans are just as much to blame

Ehh, Tony isn't the greatest takedown wrestler either to be honest. Conor has very good timing on his takedowns that he mixes up well so he can get him down.

I don't think he's going to be throwing him around. I just think he's going to get on top of him do some damage. Pressure him and box him like Michael Johnson did and not allow any kicks off. I don't really think it'll be close to be honest. Conor by submission or TKO in first two rounds.

You may be right. But I still want to watch it.

he's a gatekeeper that mctap fights to avoid real contenders who would smach him.
stop trying to spin it to preserve what's left of the irish duck's reputation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back