Nate Diaz Finalizing Deal For Next Fight; All Signs Pointing Toward UFC 219 (Poll)

Who's Nate Fighting?

• Total voters
No way Nate is fighting Woodley. That is a zero fight. Literally no one would give a damn about that fight and Nate has stated that he much prefers 155.

With Conor talking about fighting De La Hoya, he is likely out of contention so it's likely Ferguson.

Now Ferguson Nate is a great fight.

Did i miss something? Wheres this Woodley/Nate stuff coming from?

Sounds like Nate burned through walking money and his accountant told him he needed work

Did i miss something? Wheres this Woodley/Nate stuff coming from?

Helwani when asked about Diaz/Woodley said "This was the rabbit in the hat I eluded to yesterday on the show."

Diaz has started a fight camp. And there was news about Woodley fighting at 219.

Nah it's actually Bisping, taking another Main Event fight in quick succession. The more you know.

You think UFC will pay him 5 million to fight Woodley? And, if he loses, it damages the Conor fight. The last number Nate was giving was 25 mil, so that is where his head is and I'd be surprised if he fights for less than 5, seeing as how he made around that much last time; he is fine sitting too as that is his style. Plus, Im not sure UFC will pay bank unless they know the fight will pull big and Conor is the only fight that would guaranteed draw big.

Tony Nate would be frickin' amazing, but in this business, Im just not sure they pay him for a great fight that will not generate cash.

Well, Nate was giving 25 as a number he wanted but aiming high......I doubt he would get it and he knew that. Ask for 25 and end up with 10/15 and he's happy. All the rumors are pointing at Woodley/Diaz....i said it earlier today before Ariel and other sources started to talk about it. And I dont think it damages the Conor fight, Diaz loses its no big deal he can go back down to LW and do the Conor trilogy. And if Nate wins he's the WW champ and the UFC either does Nate vs Conor (champ vs champ) or they keep both guys in their respective divisions and have two big draws.

Tony vs Nate for the belt, if Conor is stripped due to his holding out for partnership.

It's win-win for the UFC. It's a money fight that pushes Conor to come back and get his belt, no matter who wins. And it's a decent option if Conor stays on the shelf.

Back