Nate Diaz Boxing Skills

Yeah that happened in the first fight, but the most recent fight Nate got out classed and only stood a chance with his durability and cardio, your point was that Nates boxing is enough to beat Conor but in the most recent evidence we have and even in the first round of the first fight Conor clearly outclasses Nate

Well Nate did turn the tide of the first fight by punching Conor. So Nate did outbox him in the first fight it's pretty fair to say. In the second fight which I believe Conor fairly won.... Conorvwas able to stun Nate but only momentarily. Not sure if Nate is iron chin or Conor's power was less effective at 170 lbs.

Nate's a volume puncher with great technique, rolls with punches coming back at him and has the stamina to keep fighting into the later rounds. Conor hits hard and goes for the kill from the opening bell. Different styles and Nate has a more traditional approach.

He's Good. Good sense of distance and timing.

He throws mostly aerobic punches so he can go on and on and on with them:

giphy.gif

Unlike many of the other guys who throw too many haymakers too quick and gas.

Plus him and his brother have a lot of confidence to stand in front of those heavy hitters like they do, not looking away.

Now if they'd only learn something about those low kicks......

Last edited:
What happened at the end of the second round, and the whole of the third round?

When Conor was running and Big John had his head half-way into the exchanges.

You guys and your false narratives.

48-47 fight, arguably a draw with Nate's huge end to the third round, and you guys sit there and act like this was a mauling.

One man was running away, the other man with blood running down his face like a warrior was flipping him the bird and walking him down like a zombie.

I know who I respect more.
Where is your famous thread so i can laugh?

Masterfully? Part of using the 1,2 is using the correct fundamental technique such as keeping chin down, bringing the arm out for the shoulder to protect the jaw, etc.

They fucking suck balls at boxing but have good hands. I don't see blocking, dodging, countering, angles, lateral movement, etc that makes me think they are very skilled in the sweet science. They are usually flat footed too. The fuck kind of boxing are you guys used to?

You sound uneducated. Good luck with that.

I would agree that they are great punchers.

Excellent hands, agile, creative, coming in many different ways, and that fucking PACE.

But they don't move much other than their arms, their head sticks out there motionlessly like some ugly dart board, they don't seem to have that much defense when their opponents aren't overwhelmed...

And so on.

Your a deluded Diaz fan who cant admit your boy Nate beat, as far as the running goes, he was gassed and to avoid shots, avoid loosing a fight where you've outclassed your opponent for 2 and a half rounds, the fact you think that him being bloodied up and walking him down like a zombie is a point in your favour kind of sums you up, hope Nate enjoys that brain damage
all these Diaz fans trying to say his boxing is excellent...and also saying can't compare to a real boxer because this is MMA...

then why bother talking about his boxing when you're not allowed to compare to real boxers??

all these Diaz fans trying to say his boxing is excellent...and also saying can't compare to a real boxer because this is MMA...

then why bother talking about his boxing when you're not allowed to compare to real boxers??

Pretty sure Diaz fans note their boxing is highly effective in MMA (which is correct), and that boxing is one of their major skills (also correct). Boxers have commented they can hold their own in boxing, but there's no doubt that they're MMA fighters and not boxers.

Also to the guy before you.... *you're

Pretty sure Diaz fans note their boxing is highly effective in MMA (which is correct), and that boxing is one of their major skills (also correct). Boxers have commented they can hold their own in boxing, but there's no doubt that they're MMA fighters and not boxers.

Also to the guy before you.... *you're
I'd like to see them fight Mousasi..if Diaz wins..then I surely underestimate him..

Seasoned with the basics, which lead to good timing over a long career. Never really expanded, but made the basics better. His defense isn't bad either. Gets out the way after throwing and shows the shoulder too.

I'd LOVE to see Masvidal vs Nate at 170 now that both are bigger.

masvidal have a much better boxing than nate

Slow hands, no power, no footwork, no defense.

If eithe of the Diaz Brothers had a normal chin they would be utterly irrelevant.... which Nick mostly is now anyways.

Slow hands, no power, no footwork, no defense.

If eithe of the Diaz Brothers had a normal chin they would be utterly irrelevant.... which Nick mostly is now anyways.
In LW Nate Diaz has fast hands.
Nate's defense could be much better.

Bahahahahahaha. This is maybe the dumbest thing I've ever read on Sherdog. GSP is the best wrestler in a sport that includes Olympic wrestlers. At most, it would take him a few weeks to make sure he knows all the rules and ins and outs of amateur wrestling, then he'd dominate any HS kid in his weight class in the nation maybe unless there's some Cael Sanderson type out there right now.

your logic is that GSP is one of the best wrestlers in mma, so he is one of the best wrestlers in wrestling? GSP uses strikes to set up his TDs, he baits his opponents to punch his head to level change on them, he catches kicks to turn into takedowns--all are non-factors in straight wrestling. GSP is very strong at a few things like his wrestling drive or having a 2nd chain move when the 1st fails. He does very basic moves that a good pure wrestler would see and neutralize, it's not that absurd of a claim.

also, who are these "Olympic wrestlers" in GSP's sport? You mean Yoel Romero and Cormier? They have nothing to do with GSP. GSP outgrappled great wrestlers like Hughes, Shields, Koscheck, Fitch but again, that's in mma.

GSP would not, with a "few weeks to learn the ins and outs and rules" of folkstyle (this seems to be GSP's wrestling style) wrestling "dominate any HS kid" in 170 pounds division in North America, no. I stick to my original comment. GSP is an elite mma wrestler (because of his varied mma skillset).

your logic is that GSP is one of the best wrestlers in mma, so he is one of the best wrestlers in wrestling? GSP uses strikes to set up his TDs, he baits his opponents to punch his head to level change on them, he catches kicks to turn into takedowns--all are non-factors in straight wrestling. GSP is very strong at a few things like his wrestling drive or having a 2nd chain move when the 1st fails. He does very basic moves that a good pure wrestler would see and neutralize, it's not that absurd of a claim.

also, who are these "Olympic wrestlers" in GSP's sport? You mean Yoel Romero and Cormier? They have nothing to do with GSP. GSP outgrappled great wrestlers like Hughes, Shields, Koscheck, Fitch but again, that's in mma.

GSP would not, with a "few weeks to learn the ins and outs and rules" of folkstyle (this seems to be GSP's wrestling style) wrestling "dominate any HS kid" in 170 pounds division in North America, no. I stick to my original comment. GSP is an elite mma wrestler (because of his varied mma skillset).
Cormier and Lesnar would quash GSP if they were all the same weightclass..

I'd like to see them fight Mousasi..if Diaz wins..then I surely underestimate him..

Seeing as the weight-classes are totally different... not sure how that would ever happen.

Andre Ward and Kareem Mayfield said Nick's boxing was very good. I assume they meant it as a "for MMA" but that's to be expected as that's the sport they work within.

Mousasi has some very solid boxing as well. No doubt about that.

Well Nate did turn the tide of the first fight by punching Conor. So Nate did outbox him in the first fight it's pretty fair to say. In the second fight which I believe Conor fairly won.... Conorvwas able to stun Nate but only momentarily. Not sure if Nate is iron chin or Conor's power was less effective at 170 lbs.
Good point could possibly be abit of both

They would get smashed by any mid to high level boxers imo

Back