Nashville church shooting

Thread really brought out the fucking scumbags fuck anyone making fun or condoning this shit.

3?!?!?!

i literally lol'd

i bet bald eagles kill more people than are shot in churches.
The National Church Shooting Database recorded a total of 139 shootings in churches between 1980 and 2005. In all, 185 people died, including 36 children.
I would bet that those numbers are far higher than the number of deaths by bald eagles.

3?!?!?!

i literally lol'd

i bet bald eagles kill more people than are shot in churches.

Most people who conceal carry carry everywhere they can, never leaving home without thier firearm. It's kind of the point of conceal carry. And people don't go only to church on Sunday mornings; they then go to lunch, run errands etc after

lol holy shit.

there are what, hundreds of thousands of churches in the US? youre more likely to choke to death on your eucharist than you are to be shot at church. id be super weirded out if i were at church and saw someone packing.

Ah yes, the old "you're more likely to die of X, so you're a complete coward to be prepared to defend yourself from Y" argument

Carrying, or not carrying, is a choice either way. I would never forgive myself if I actively chose to not carry a gun somewhere because idiots online shame people for being prepared to step up exactly as this usher did, and then something horrible actually happened and I didn't have the tools needed to put down the threat.

Most people who conceal carry carry everywhere they can, never leaving home without thier firearm. It's kind of the point of conceal carry. And people don't go only to church on Sunday mornings; they then go to lunch, run errands etc after

yea. im not really that opposed to conceal carry. i just think its kinda silly in most settings.

Ah yes, the old "you're more likely to die of X, so you're a complete coward to be prepared to defend yourself from Y" argument

Carrying, or not carrying, is a choice either way. I would never forgive myself if I actively chose to not carry a gun somewhere because idiots online shame people for being prepared to step up exactly as this usher did, and then something horrible actually happened and I didn't have the tools needed to put down the threat.

fair enough.

im not really trying to shame anyone. its just funny to me when people say things like "i need to conceal carry at church." there's like 42k car deaths per year, but there isnt thread after thread about what can be done lol. "i get my eyes checked every six months to ensure that i dont become a car death stat." never see that. but people are ready to pack heat at Aldi, because there is a 0.00003% chance theyll be shot.

Good job not caring since evil white people were the victims

By the way, you're the racist here. No one had accused Muslims (yet at least)

Comments have been rightfully mocking the coward shooter, and praising the good guy with a gun who went after him. I know you libs hate that. Please leave this thread

Fuck you.

You and I don't always fall on the same side of every issue, but I think you are thoughtful and have a lot of integrity as a poster. I appreciate this comment.

Explain how I'm racist, snowflake.

Maybe you can try and explain what he means then, since he's too much of a coward to respond. How am I a racist for that comment? What did I say about white people or muslims? Please be specific.

My comment is completely accurate. These threads are (and this thread is) always a circle-jerk of speculation for everyone with a political or partisan stance to salivate over their narrative before the facts are out.

Did you somehow think my comment is muslim apologetics from the word "preconceived"? If you did you clearly don't know my thoughts on Islam.

You are a piece of shit.

You 4 are straight up cowards.

You 4 are straight up cowards.
Lol. What exactly is anyone afraid of here?

You claimed that these threads are always a circle jerk for people based on partisan politics. For the most part, I don't think it played out that way at all. Your prediction was wrong, and you were kind of a dick about it.

You claimed that these threads are always a circle jerk for people based on partisan politics. For the most part, I don't think it played out that way at all. Your prediction was wrong, and you were kind of a dick about it.
And you're sitting here calling me a racist like some kind of SJW snowflake would. Care to defend that?

I wasn't wrong, there's examples of it on every single page of this thread. You're starting to sound more and more like a full-on liar and less of a intellectually dishonest war room poster.

Everyone in the wr is a dick about just about everything.

And you're sitting here calling me a racist like some kind of SJW snowflake would. Care to defend that?

I wasn't wrong, there's examples of it on every single page of this thread. You're starting to sound more and more like a full-on liar and less of a intellectually dishonest war room poster.

Everyone in the wr is a dick about just about everything.
Did I call you a racist? Could you please quote where I said that, because I don't remember doing that.

Did I call you a racist? Could you please quote where I said that, because I don't remember doing that.
Good job not caring since evil white people were the victims

By the way, you're the racist here. No one had accused Muslims (yet at least)

Comments have been rightfully mocking the coward shooter, and praising the good guy with a gun who went after him. I know you libs hate that. Please leave this thread

This is you, quoting that comment:
You and I don't always fall on the same side of every issue, but I think you are thoughtful and have a lot of integrity as a poster. I appreciate this comment.

This is you, quoting that comment:

So I did not call you a racist, and yet you claimed I called you a racist. Those are the facts in play.

I liked @HockeyBjj 's comment because I agree that up until that point in the thread, no one was jumping to white supremacist or Muslim terrorist type of conclusions, were expressing sympathy with the victims, and were not stereotyping the perpetrator according to partisan categories.

I have no strong opinion on whether or not you are racist. You do seem to me like an angry type who isn't entirely sure why you are angry and thus lashes out somewhat irrationally.

So I did not call you a racist, and yet you claimed I called you a racist. Those are the facts in play.

I liked @HockeyBjj 's comment because I agree that up until that point in the thread, no one was jumping to white supremacist or Muslim terrorist type of conclusions, were expressing sympathy with the victims, and were not stereotyping the perpetrator according to partisan categories.

I have no strong opinion on whether or not you are racist. You do seem to me like an angry type who isn't entirely sure why you are angry and thus lashes out somewhat irrationally.
Meh - Its the internet.

And yea, you took your time out to not only like the comment but to express how thoughtful and full of integrity it was while you appreciate it. That is from any perspective an expressed agreement with @HockeyBjj's cowardly comment.

Meh - Its the internet.

And yea, you took your time out to not only like the comment but to express how thoughtful and full of integrity it was while you appreciate it. That is from any perspective an expressed agreement with @HockeyBjj's cowardly comment.
Wow, you seriously need a safe space.

Meh - Its the internet.

Exactly she agreed with a comment that said "Good job not caring since evil white people were the victims" that's implicitly saying you're biased against people solely because they're white and you don't care based on some ideology that white people are inherently evil. That's calling you a racist without saying "you're racist" but @IngaVovchanchyn seems like she wants to hide behind that fact :(

Scrolling through the thread I'd say he was pretty much right

Back