Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
NASCAR Fans Suddenly Upset by Monster Energy Girls’ Outfits
By Maggie Parker
February 23, 2017

7f88091e221c942cbb4df5374049c78c

Monster Energy Drink is in hot water.

The beverage brand paraded around its famous Monster Girls at Clash at Daytona, a NASCAR event that took place this past Sunday. The girls were scantily clad, as car-racing models tend to be.

But this time, for some reason, viewers were not happy about it.

Some were upset because NASCAR is apparently a family program, and they didn’t want their children seeing such scantily clad ladies.

Others went as far as to liken their look to hookers.

Some users made the point that this is actually a lot of clothing compared to the outfits models have worn in previous races, which included bikinis.

“Look at the old races when the girls wore bathing suits,” Mitch Covington, Monster’s vice president of sports marketing, told ESPN. Needless to say, Monster is not budging. “Monster has always been about racing and girls, and that won’t change,” Covington said.

He compared this year to when Monster first started with NASCAR in 2009: “Our models today were conservatively dressed compared to what they had on back then.”

According to ESPN, Covington has had no discussion with NASCAR officials about changing the outfits and “doesn’t expect to.” In fact, you can expect to see these lovely ladies and their leather corsets at the Feb. 26 Daytona 500.

No. 2 Team Penske driver Brad Keselowski understands why parents watching might be upset but thinks they need to look at the bigger picture. “When you have kids and you start to see the world through their eyes because you’re raising them, you see how much differently we all look at the world,” Keselowski told USA Today. “Because my daughter doesn’t see a scantily clad model — she just sees another person who’s wearing black or whatever colors or a lot of leather. She doesn’t see sex appeal. She’s a kid. … So sometimes people say, ‘What about the children?’ No, it’s more reflective of you seeing this as over-zealous than your kids, because your kids have no idea, and that example could be applied in a number of other areas.”

Keselowski added: “I always feel like how you feel about situations like that is reflective of your own baggage, and it’s not fair to apply it to others.”​

Last edited:
It's amazing how it takes one or two idiots to make an idea catch on. What's the problem?

Family event? Don't all you do is drink beer and get obliterated? I know that's the only way watching cars go around in a circle for 4 hours would be entertaining to me.

Anybody who has been to an actual NASCAR race, knows all sorts of debauchery is going on.
I love the outfits.

Another non story created from a couple of comments on Twitter. You'll find people complaining about any and everything you can imagine on there if you look for it.

That's why I hate stories like this. Their only source for all this supposed outrage is this line "But fans were outraged by the look, and took to Twitter to express their feelings." and 6 posts on Twitter. Not anything about a ton of people phoning in to complain or anything, but 6 fucking Twitter comments.

Fuck Maggie Parker, Yahoo and the rest of the ilk writing up trash like this just to drive ad revenue on their sites.

I don't see a problem with what they are wearing, it's more then most cheerleaders wear.

NASCAR is for fucking troglodytes. If that pond scum can't handle a bit of leather lingerie then they can crawl back in to the swamp for all I care.

It's amazing how it takes one or two idiots to make an idea catch on. What's the problem?

“People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.”

NASCAR is for fucking troglodytes. If that pond scum can't handle a bit of leather lingerie then they can crawl back in to the swamp for all I care.

Im a retired street racer and I dont even like Nascar

This doesn't exactly help Yahoo's argument that they're "serious" news.

If your kid is watching NASCAR you're either abusing him or he's retarded. In either case, for Christ's sake, let the poor kid see some titties.

They're only complainin b/c those bitches seem like bottom of the barrel models

Does anyone actually watch the Victory Lane interview? All that happens it that the winner drinks his sponsors drink with the label facing out and talks about how hard his team worked to get the win. Any post race fights are already out of the way by then

Maybe that's why they put tiddies on there, to keep their ratings up just long enough that they can jack the prices of the next commercial break.

Could have used this in the pedo cartoons thread.
Lol!
NpsgUz.jpg

I mean, she looks like she's tugging on imaginary dicks awaiting the money shot while thinking about the children, so basically, yes.

Back