NASA new super earth found, best signs of life.

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
Link source: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/super-earth-planet-found-life-space-science/

Astronomers have found a temperate planet a bit bigger and bulkier than Earth orbiting a small star just 40 light-years away. The newly announced world could be among the best targets to search for signs of life elsewhere in the cosmos.

The discovery team is particularly excited about gazing at the newfound world because it is close enough to Earth for existing telescopes to tell whether it has an atmosphere and, if so, whether its air contains signs of alien life.

Alien life incoming soon NASA TM.

51iPMXwJopL._SX200_QL80_.jpg

make sure to send Ripley first
3196528296440.jpg
latest

only 40 light years away? that's great.

that means it would only take us about 700,000 years to get there

Good, someone load up Eddie Bravo on a goddamn spaceship and launch him in that general direction.

Great. Gotta make sure my bloodline is healthy enough that it reaches that generation....

If they do find life, they won't tell the public. The UFO show on Military Channel cited a bunch of times the live feed video of space shuttle or space station being cut when there's something that looks like a UFO on the left horizon or 3 UFO's moving away from separate locations.

Without interstellar travel, even Alpha Centauri is off limits to us. We're not seeing any kind of space colonization for at least another 100 years.

Without interstellar travel, even Alpha Centauri is off limits to us. We're not seeing any kind of space colonization for at least another 100 years.
Time to put me in stasis then.

If it worked in Mass Effect Andromeda it should work here and now right? RIGHT?!

I feel like the confirmation of alien life would spur us into doing everything possible towards developing a way of getting there. They could sign me up for the cryo cubes, if need be. Stick me in a Yetti and fire a catapult for all I care.

We really ought to spend more efforts into FTL technology or at least exhaust all options for figuring out whether FTL is possible or impossible.

Back