NASA gets made great again with new budget

I agree wholeheartedly, but there's absolutely no need to do it at the expense of educational programs or projects that are already on the drawing board.

I think that by having manned missions will get kids excited about a possibility of going in to space and naturally draw them in to learn about it.

If you told me that I could be the first person on Mars if I studied X, I would know X better than anyone.

Tell a kid they can fly a spaceship and I promise you that you will have them all taking physics.

I think that by having manned missions will get kids excited about a possibility of going in to space and naturally draw them in to learn about it.

If you told me that I could be the first person on Mars if I studied X, I would know X better than anyone.

Tell a kid they can fly a spaceship and I promise you that you will have them all taking physics.

Well, for starters you need a bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics. Pick one and let's see if you learn those subjects better than anyone.

I think the way to go is through a free education from the government and a few years of military service. Air Force Academy or the Naval Academy. A Bachelor's in Engineering. Earn your wings as a pilot in the Air Force, Navy or Marines. Apply for the NASA astronaut program. Prior or current military personnel get to go on classified missions. A better chance for selection.

"Neil Armstrong - was an American astronaut, engineer, and the first person to walk on the Moon. He was also an aerospace engineer, naval aviator, test pilot, and university professor. Before becoming an astronaut, Armstrong was an officer in the U.S. Navy and served in the Korean War. After the war, he earned his bachelor's degree at Purdue University and served as a test pilot at the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) High-Speed Flight Station, where he logged over 900 flights. He later completed graduate studies at the University of Southern California."

471px-Neil_Armstrong_pose.jpg

Oh, it's almost like Trump is an idiot and his administration is full of idiot enablers.

Sounds like they're focusing more on missions to space. Feel for the kids though.

Let's see how well NASA does this decade.

Could get more interesting than the past 40 years, in terms of manned missions.

Reading the article, without knowing much about the existing projects, the thought of having an emphasis on exploration, manned missions to the moon and Mars is exciting.

The ISS is not going anywhere, especially with the countries that are also investors in it though would suspect that potentially not being able to launch from the US may be problematic.

I have always been of the opinion that because the Sun at some point is going to explode that we should be looking at ways to get ourselves off of the Earth and into space as quickly and safely as possible.
The sun won't explode.
In many many millions of years, it will start to expand into a red giant and eventually boil the oceans away.
But we'll be off planet long before it's an issue

I think the way to go is through a free education from the government and a few years of military service. Air Force Academy or the Naval Academy. A Bachelor's in Engineering. Earn your wings as a pilot in the Air Force, Navy or Marines. Apply for the NASA astronaut program. Prior or current military personnel get to go on classified missions. A better chance for selection.

"Neil Armstrong - was an American astronaut, engineer, and the first person to walk on the Moon. He was also an aerospace engineer, naval aviator, test pilot, and university professor. Before becoming an astronaut, Armstrong was an officer in the U.S. Navy and served in the Korean War. After the war, he earned his bachelor's degree at Purdue University and served as a test pilot at the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) High-Speed Flight Station, where he logged over 900 flights. He later completed graduate studies at the University of Southern California."

471px-Neil_Armstrong_pose.jpg
Respect.
His is one of the names people will remember in hundreds of years.

A left wing, foreign website complaining about Trump? Why didn't you want to include the actual title of the article? Too embarrassing and transparent? OMG, the gov't is wasting less of your money and might require some people do shit themselves instead of spending a shitload of your tax money on another agency. Be a goddamned decent person and raise your kids properly, and you won't need a gov't agency to spend billions directing them. What in the absolute hell is wrong with everybody?
Also nasa was made purposefully expensive and cumbersome if you read up on it.

Raise your own kids, it might help. Or you can name 1 top scientist who decided on the career path because of this program. Right, it's right around 0 and this whole thing's a waste of money. You posted a straight up rag trying to complain about less spending, and I'M the one who should feel stupid? Are you high?
You're the only one ITT ranting like an infant who has lost his rattle. Yes, you're a dumbass.

Last edited:
Sounds like they're focusing more on missions to space. Feel for the kids though.

Let's see how well NASA does this decade.

Could get more interesting than the past 40 years, in terms of manned missions.
How about instead of giving bigly tax cuts to rich people, they do both?

A left wing, foreign website complaining about Trump? Why didn't you want to include the actual title of the article? Too embarrassing and transparent?

stop crying. are you suggesting that trump IS NOT cutting NASA budget? if youre not suggesting that, then there is no point in complaining about the source.

OMG, the gov't is wasting less of your money and might require some people do shit themselves instead of spending a shitload of your tax money on another agency.

whether or not this is a waste of money, is a debatable point. though, youd likely not be typing your complaints online if it werent for agencies like NASA creating this tech lol.

Be a goddamned decent person and raise your kids properly, and you won't need a gov't agency to spend billions directing them. What in the absolute hell is wrong with everybody?

i dont even know what you're talking about right here. wtf does NASA's budget have to do with child rearing?

stop crying. are you suggesting that trump IS NOT cutting NASA budget? if youre not suggesting that, then there is no point in complaining about the source.

whether or not this is a waste of money, is a debatable point. though, youd likely not be typing your complaints online if it werent for agencies like NASA creating this tech lol.

i dont even know what you're talking about right here. wtf does NASA's budget have to do with child rearing?
The article said the budget is $500 million more than it was last year with just a shift in where the money is focused. They aren't cutting NASA, the funding for their education department is what's being cut.

This seems like a step towards de-politicizing NASA.

Increasing their funding for practical science, while decreasing their funding for liberal propaganda on climate change.

"The agency's department of education, which inspires kids into science and technology careers, will be eliminated.
I'd need to know more about what this is. How do they "inspire" and what return are we getting on the investment?

i will let you know how i feel about this once i see neil degrasse tyson tweet on the topic.

I'd need to know more about what this is. How do they "inspire" and what return are we getting on the investment?
Do you think museums and planetariums and such should receive public funding?

It seems to be along much the same line.

Back