NASA Calls Bullshit on Gwyneth Paltrow’s $120 "Bio-Frequency Healing" Stickers

Wyneth Paltrow’s Goop responds after NASA calls BS on ‘healing’ stickers
Mike Wehner June 23rd, 2017

stickers.jpg

What do you do when you have too much money? Most of us never have to worry about such things, but oftentimes celebrities find themselves with piles of cash and nothing to spend it on. Sometimes they go on benders, or buy a private island, but in Gwyneth Paltrow’s case, she started a “wellness” company that is now trying to help sell special stickers that it claims can cure you of anxiety, balance your body’s “natural frequency,” and even relieve pain. Now, NASA — you know, that little group that does actual science — is calling BS on the whole thing.

NASA, which typically doesn’t even bother to address ridiculous pseudoscience like what Goop is trying to peddle, was looped in thanks to Goop’s claims that the “Body Vibes” stickers utilize “NASA space suit material” made of “conductive carbon” to perform their magical healing feats. Gizmodo went right to NASA to ask for clarification on this mythical material and got a rather blunt response.

Apparently, NASA astronauts “do not have any conductive carbon material lining the spacesuits,” according to a rep from NASA’s spacewalk office. Pressed further, and presented with this counter-claim, one of the people behind the Body Vibes stickers claimed that he “found a way to tap into the human body’s bio-frequency,” while hedging his claims by saying that all the research that proves he’s telling the truth is confidential.

A former NASA human research scientist responded to Goop’s claims by simply calling it “a load of BS,” which is really all you need to know about how close to reality any of the company’s claims actually are. Upon learning of the Gizmodo story, Goop pulled any mention of NASA from its website, and released the following statement:

As we have always explained, advice and recommendations included on goop are not formal endorsements and the opinions expressed by the experts and companies we profile do not necessarily represent the views of goop. Our content is meant to highlight unique products and offerings, find open-minded alternatives, and encourage conversation. We constantly strive to improve our site for our readers, and are continuing to improve our processes for evaluating the products and companies featured. Based on the statement from NASA, we’ve gone back to the company to inquire about the claim and removed the claim from our site until we get additional verification.

Classic.

http://bgr.com/2017/06/23/goop-stickers-nasa-gwyneth-paltrow/

Everybody in my BJJ class except me and the instructor got one of these. They did all kind of "tests" with them, like trying to maintain balance while wearing that stuff vs not wearing. I admit I participated on these trials. And it made no difference but the placebo effect was strong.
It's also popular in Syria
B4cpjvUCAAAWrtE.jpg

That guy is a general in the Assad's army, probably one of their best, he has been holding out against ISIS for years in Deir Er Zor(unlike what fake news tells you, they fight against ISIS too), thanks to his magnetic bracelet.
If it's good enough for the Druze Beast, it's good enough for me. Now I have to go buy one.

Gwyneth Paltrow is a bullshit artist and NASA apparently isn't what it used to be.

If you can make $ of morons then do it, i salute her on selling stickers to adults.

Sounds like Gwyneth loves to shill stupid garbage for stupid people that's laughably stupid.
Health stickers.

they could have refrained from mentioning NASA and still sell those patches. there is no shortage of idiots.

On one level I really hate this kind of ridiculous mystical healing new age bullshit. That being said, I kind of admire the audacity of this kind of venture, and her ability to dupe new age people out of money.

Yeah, I'm not sure why there are other people in this thread calling Paltrow a moron, when she's actually making banks selling utterly-useless shit to dumb fucks.

The New York Times even ran a piece hailing her company as the shining example for other celebs:

How Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop Has Become a Role Model for Other Celebrities

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/...ecome-a-role-model-for-other-celebrities.html

Yeah, I'm not sure why there are other people in this thread calling Paltrow a moron, when she's actually making banks selling utterly-useless shit to dumb fucks.

The New York Times even ran a piece hailing her company as the shining example for other celebs:

How Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop Has Become a Role Model for Other Celebrities

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/16/...ecome-a-role-model-for-other-celebrities.html
I'll go a step further and say she has no integrity.

Kanye West sold white shirts for $1,000? For real?
Yep...

Actually it was $120.00
but i didnt buy thats why i dont remember...but im sure some sherdoggers did...im sure some sherdogger paid $1000 anyways because of the Egyptian cotton feature.

28a709.jpg

Gwyneth Paltrow is indicative of a larger problem of quackery taking over this country.

But by all means, people of America, keep lightening your wallets by buying alkaline water, homeopathic remedies, and "detox" products, all of which do absolutely nothing.

By the way, I can only imagine trying to have a conversation with Gwyneth. I'd want to eat a revolver two minutes in.

NASA Calls Bullshit on Goop's $120 'Bio-Frequency Healing' Sticker Packs
By Rae Paoletta | June 22, 2017​

wwpesusal7e77ghtsonl.png

There’s no shortage of things to be mad about in late capitalism. Pretty high on the list, though, is the Eat, Pray, Love brand of pseudoscience promoted by Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop. Somehow, Goop—which previously encouraged women to shove eggs up their vaginas—has out-Gooped itself: the brand is now promoting stickers called “Body Vibes.” The product, which I remind you, is literally a sticker, uses “NASA space suit material” to “rebalance the energy frequency in our bodies,” whatever the actual fuck that means.

“Human bodies operate at an ideal energetic frequency, but everyday stresses and anxiety can throw off our internal balance, depleting our energy reserves and weakening our immune systems,” Goop says on its website. “Body Vibes stickers (made with the same conductive carbon material NASA uses to line space suits so they can monitor an astronaut’s vitals during wear) come pre-programmed to an ideal frequency, allowing them to target imbalances.”

Yes, these sentences sound like what you’d expect if you threw Enya lyrics in a blender. But what’s somehow worse is that Body Vibes is trying to invoke our beloved space agency to bolster its legitimacy. Obviously, we had to go to the pros.

A representative from NASA’s spacewalk office told Gizmodo that they “do not have any conductive carbon material lining the spacesuits.” Spacesuits are actually made of synthetic polymers, spandex, and other materials that serve a purpose beyond making their wearer look like a resident of Nightmare Coachella.

Gizmodo has asked Body Vibes to provide us with the peer-reviewed research that supports their claim that their “astronaut” stickers have any impact on the human body. We’ve also asked Body Vibes and Goop for their response to NASA’s assertion that they definitely do not use a “carbonate material” to line their spacesuits. So far, no luck on either front.

cbbkjd67tlsyitrg4jij.png

It gets worse. The stickers—which run as high as $120 for a pack of 24—promise to assuage various ailments, including anxiety and pain, using something called “Bio Energy Synthesis Technology.” This is not a scientific concept, but rather an invention of AlphaBioCentrix, a Nevada-based biotech company that sells “Quantum Energy Bracelets” and “Health Pendants.” AlphaBioCentrix’s founder, Richard Eaton, was apparently inspired to help create Body Vibes after meeting some “engineers” in a dark alleyway several years ago. Or maybe at Gwyneth’s pied-à-terre in the Hamptons. Who can say.

“Without going into a long explanation about the research and development of this technology, it comes down to this; I found a way to tap into the human body’s bio-frequency, which the body is receptive to outside energy signatures,” Eaton told Gizmodo. He added that, conveniently, “Most of the research that has been collected is confidential and is held as company private information.”

Mark Shelhamer, former chief scientist at NASA’s human research division, wasn’t wooed by Body Vibes or its secret research.

“Wow,” he told Gizmodo. “What a load of BS this is.”

Shelhamer reiterated that space suits are not lined with carbon material, and that even if they were, it would be for adding strength to the suit—not for monitoring vital signs.

“Not only is the whole premise like snake oil, the logic doesn’t even hold up,” he said. “If they promote healing, why do they leave marks on the skin when they are removed?”

Unless they are operated by tiny wizards, who have been captured for the sole purpose of promoting Paltrow’s wellness empire, Body Vibes have literally no scientific basis. If you want to wear a sticker to feel good about yourself, that’s fine—just don’t act like it’s fucking penicillin.

http://gizmodo.com/nasa-calls-bullshit-on-goops-120-bio-frequency-healing-1796309360

Forget this NSA space shit..

I want to see women shoving eggs up their Vagina

Good to see NASA spending it's money and time on the really important questions.

Yep...

Actually it was $120.00
but i didnt buy thats why i dont remember...but im sure some sherdoggers did...im sure some sherdogger paid $1000 anyways because of the Egyptian cotton feature.

28a709.jpg
I can buy egyptain cotton bed sheets for about $30 at Target. That's like 12 shirts!

Stickers?
LOL.
Obviously these people have never heard of real alternative healing methods such as Reiki crystals.
Man, some people will believe anything.

I wouldn't buy shit from a bitch that named her kid Apple.

Still probably a better investment than many European and Japanese government bonds

Sounds like Gwyneth loves to shill stupid garbage for stupid people that's laughably stupid.
Health stickers.
This changes most of my political views. Thanks for bringing all of my attention to this. If you have the time, I also have a desperate need to learn about the pros and cons of Mila Kunis' views on copper bracelets.
The issue is that is greatly undermines one's calls for climate change activism based on appeals to scientific consensus when your source of wealth is scientifically proven to be bullshit.

It makes her a typical limousine liberal hypocrite.

I bet if gweneth wore one of these stickers, she would not have gotten sick in Contagion, thus depriving us of a great death scene

Back