Narcos on Netflix

Just finished up season 2. Really good stuff. I like how they focused on Los Pepes a lot, because they always seem to be left out or skimmed over in a lot of stories about the downfall of Escobar. Their ruthless methods were likely the biggest key to bringing him down.

But yeah, good stuff. Despite a few dramatic liberties it took with some characters, it's about as accurate a retelling as we're going to get outside of a documentary.

8.5/10 for the series.

I finished watching yesterday. Season 1 was one the greatest shows ever, if they made 4 extra episodes instead of another whole season Narcos would be the best series in my book.

im on episode 16 right now... been watching it for a few days. really liking it.

I read an article where they interviewed the real DEA guys. They had them on the set as advisors. Most of it is fairly accurate but they changed a few things (like his wife leaving to go back to Miami) to put more drama into the show. I think its very well done

Season 3 begins September 1st.

It's going down:

Season 1 was one the greatest shows ever

This.1.jpg

I JUST got into Narcos and I was both amazed and bewildered at the paranoia and the brutality of Pablo... definitely one of Netflix's greatest works.

anyone catch El Chapo on netflix, 9 part series with more to follow, its ok if youre boreed have a look

anyone catch El Chapo on netflix, 9 part series with more to follow, its ok if youre boreed have a look
Yea....i watched about 4 episodes of that. It was ok, but felt like a really cheap Narcos knockoff. After watching Narcos i couldn't get into it.

I did not fucking know there was gonna be a 3rd season of Narcos.
Stoked to check it out.
Great show. That actor that plays Pablo needs to do more shit

Yea....i watched about 4 episodes of that. It was ok, but felt like a really cheap Narcos knockoff. After watching Narcos i couldn't get into it.

I did not fucking know there was gonna be a 3rd season of Narcos.
Stoked to check it out.
Great show. That actor that plays Pablo needs to do more shit
hes a good actor fosho, and yeah chapo was ok not a classic by any means, i watched it the other night in one hit, last 2 episodes were hard going hes in prison and its fucked up, im interested to see how it ends up for him next season

That actor that plays Pablo needs to do more shit

Yep, he is awesome. Loved him in both Game of Thrones and Narco.

Love the music in this show too.

Lyrics:
I am the fire that burns your skin,
I am the water that kills your thirst.
Of the castle, I am the tower,
the sword that guards the treasure.
You, the air that I breathe,
and the light of the moon on the sea.
The throat that longs to be choked
that I’m afraid I’ll drown in love.
And which desires you are going to give me.
just to look is treasure enough,
it will be yours, it will be yours.

I'm on episode 3 of season 3. So far it has been underwhelming. Without the actor that played Pablo in the first to seasons... the show feels flat.

Also, the actor who plays Javi... can't carry the show. He is boring

I think I read somewhere that they were considering doing El Chapo for Season 4 or 5 after completing the Cali Cartel.

Just finished episode 3 of season 3. Fuck that drug lords son for ruining that security firm guys meeting. He just has a scumbag jealous asshole face

Loved Season 3 and liked seeing Jorge Salcedo's point of view as he worked for the cartel. Of course, the Cali Cartel isn't as engrossing as Pablo but they all had some great scenes and made for good antagonists. The music was fantastic this season, too. Do they really shoot in Colombia? Wherever they shoot the show, the locations are gorgeous and I want to visit there someday.

I think I read somewhere that they were considering doing El Chapo for Season 4 or 5 after completing the Cali Cartel.

Answer in spoiler below just in case.

Just finished episode 3 of season 3. Fuck that drug lords son for ruining that security firm guys meeting. He just has a scumbag jealous asshole face

Total dick. Binge watched it this weekend. Spoilers for the whole season so beware.

Him dumping all the Chlorine gas into the sewers essentially set off everything that ended up fucking up the surrender deal Gilberto had negotiated/paid for, it screwed up Salcedo's plans to get away from the cartel, Pena had given up on trying to take them down, etc. What a moron. It's also funny how they're always so scared of people ratting out and super paranoid but they kill off their employees with no remorse and expect loyalty no matter what. Kill off your employee's friends and expect them to keep smiling while they work.

Mexico is definitely season 4 with the ending shot of Mexicans ferrying cash/drugs on riverboats on the border/in Texas.

I've only watched 2 episodes of season 3, but so far really enjoying it.

finished season 3, loved it. the music is on point, the action was great though the story did feel a bit, meh? i feel some parts were skipped over though i liked feistl and van ness, though i see why they didn't really showcase them as much. Pena did it again, but i think he needed someone else to bounce off of. the cali cartel and it's operations was a cool to see. A+

El chapo didnt have the charisma that Pablo Escobar did.... Pablo was into politics, he did help people in his town, he was more of a people person and naturally his personality developed... El Chapo was just a straight traffic guy, no personality, and he was ugly as fuck... he couldnt even bed Kate del Castillo (google her) Pablo Escobar was having sex with the entire miss Colombia pageant

Looked up this show thanks to seeing this thread earlier today. I'm just about done with episode 3 of season 1, and so far it's pretty great. Sort of like a mix between Blow and City of God. I highly recommend it.

Back