Narcissist, Psychopath, or Sociopath: How To Spot The Differences

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The lady breaks it down the best, you can find other videos on youtube but they dont know what they talk bout this woman breaks it down plain and simple

Especially when she says a Psychopath is born a sociopath is made

This boy is an example of a Psychopath

That was fucking great when that guy put that little bastard in his place.

that guy has more patients than i, id have punted him in the nuts when he got in my face.

I dont think that kids a psychopath. Just a little piece of shit kid that is embarrassed

Especially when she says a Psychopath is born a sociopath is made

That's pretty interesting about sociopathy. I've always kind of been jealous of sociopaths because I'm way too sensitive to people. Fucken empathy. I wonder if there's like a crash course on becoming a sociopath. I guess you've just gotta expose yourself to the worst of humanity and numb yourself to the pain and suffering of others. But it can't be that simple since I can crank one out over Anal Goliath 7 no problemo

I don't think I've ever met a woman who wasn't one of the three.

I really wish that woman would have beat the shit out of that kid too.

That's pretty interesting about sociopathy. I've always kind of been jealous of sociopaths because I'm way too sensitive to people. Fucken empathy. I wonder if there's like a crash course on becoming a sociopath. I guess you've just gotta expose yourself to the worst of humanity and numb yourself to the pain and suffering of others. But I can crank one out over Anal Goliath 7 no problem so it can't be that simple
Dude, I've been burned a bunch of times hanging with complete degenerates because I'd rather get burned myself than burn someone who didn't deserve it. I walk people down and make absolute certain they're a degenerate before I could ever be mean or ditch them because I'm so careful to not be a dick for no reason or a false suspicion. I've found pretty much every time that I'm always right and should have blessed them out earlier.

If she said a psychopath is born and a sociopath is made, shes wrong.

One, Science is incapable of determining something like that. As it's retrospective and a subjective determination. Was Genghis Khan a product of his environment or born blood thirsty? No empirical data can be used that supports one and not the other.

Two, that's not even the definition. Psychopath is a label based on characteristics of someone. Sociopath is a label based on behavior. Nouns vs. Gerunds. This paradigm change occured when the colloquial wisdom shifted to "you're not a bad person, you just did a bad thing" or "don't attack the person, identify the behavior and talk about that".

Narcissist v. Et Al - A narcissist doesn't feel guilt, but does feel shame. A psychopath doesn't feel guilt or shame. Technically speaking the distinction is rooted in the internalization of libidinal impulses. The narcissist feels these impulses(say aggression) and makes it apart of their outward projected identity. I am an aggressor. The psychopath lacks a properly developed ego. They aren't an aggressor, aggression is just a tool to be used.

Violence is a volitional expression of rage in a narcissist. For a psychopath, it's just a tool to achieve material ends. "You had a burger, I wanted it, stab. Whatever." For a narcissist it would read like "He had a burger, I wanted it, stab, but wait you don't understand the whole story I'm not that kind of person".

This is because narcissism is at its root, someone without an internal compass who has a need for outside affirmation of identity. The desire for others to view them how they want to be viewed is responsible for their deteriorated empathy, and inability to define themselves. The lack of guilt and shitty behavior is an effect. The root cause is needing outside affirmation.

A psychopath has no concerns about that.

Sidenote - A sociopath(yes I'm switching terms, this study came out after the terms switched clinically) will score high on empathy tests, like the minds eye test. This is because they have well developed cognitive empathy, but they don't connect to it. Their affective empathy is almost non-existent. They wont feel that emotion internally that they see in others. A narcissist is the opposite, they don't recognize these cues in others. Too self-absorbed, focused on their own feelings. But they do feel and they can connect to others feelings. Its just that this process deadens that ability.

- Last thing -
Narcissist and Sociopath/Psychopath are mutually exclusive. One can not be both.

One, Science is incapable of determining something like that. As it's retrospective and a subjective determination. Was Genghis Khan a product of his environment or born blood thirsty? No empirical data can be used that supports one and not the other.

Two, that's not even the definition. Psychopath is a label based on characteristics of someone. Sociopath is a label based on behavior. Nouns vs. Gerunds. This paradigm change occured when the colloquial wisdom shifted to "you're not a bad person, you just did a bad thing" or "don't attack the person, identify the behavior and talk about that".

Narcissist v. Et Al - A narcissist doesn't feel guilt, but does feel shame. A psychopath doesn't feel guilt or shame. Technically speaking the distinction is rooted in the internalization of libidinal impulses. The narcissist feels these impulses(say aggression) and makes it apart of their outward projected identity. I am an aggressor. The psychopath lacks a properly developed ego. They aren't an aggressor, aggression is just a tool to be used.

Violence is a volitional expression of rage in a narcissist. For a psychopath, it's just a tool to achieve material ends. "You had a burger, I wanted it, stab. Whatever." For a narcissist it would read like "He had a burger, I wanted it, stab, but wait you don't understand the whole story I'm not that kind of person".

This is because narcissism is at its root, someone without an internal compass who has a need for outside affirmation of identity. The desire for others to view them how they want to be viewed is responsible for their deteriorated empathy, and inability to define themselves. The lack of guilt and shitty behavior is an effect. The root cause is needing outside affirmation.

Sidenote - A sociopath(yes I'm switching terms, this study came out after the terms switched clinically) will score high on empathy tests, like the minds eye test. This is because they have well developed cognitive empathy, but they don't connect to it. Their affective empathy is almost non-existent. They wont feel that emotion internally that they see in others. A narcissist is the opposite, they don't recognize these cues in others. Too self-absorbed, focused on their own feelings. But they do feel and they can connect to others feelings. Its just that this process deadens that ability.

- Last thing -
Narcissist and Sociopath/Psychopath are mutually exclusive. One can not be both.

Psychology major?

- Last thing -
She’s a woman playing doctor give her a break

Also when that kid got tossed I laughed my ass off. What a little scumbag.

Didn’t watch with the sound on but that kid seems like a douchey kid, to call him a psychopath off that one video seems extremely judgemental.

There are Dads who raise kids to be like that.

Especially when you consider there are 10 year olds who have committed murders.

I'm an INTJ. We're not Psychopaths or Sociopaths, but our empathy levels tend to be much lower than, "normal" people.

I'm not sure this definition of the difference between sociopaths and psyhopaths is that widely accepted, indeed I don't believe either are actually used anymore by much of the medical profession as your often dealing with a raft of issues.

That's pretty interesting about sociopathy. I've always kind of been jealous of sociopaths because I'm way too sensitive to people. Fucken empathy. I wonder if there's like a crash course on becoming a sociopath. I guess you've just gotta expose yourself to the worst of humanity and numb yourself to the pain and suffering of others. But it can't be that simple since I can crank one out over Anal Goliath 7 no problemo

Personally I would say this tends to be where a lot of misjudgement happens, most people would naturally tend to view the more anti social or withdrawn person as being more sociopathic when generally the reverse is true, they tend to be confident and charming. I mean I generally project a somewhat distant/hard(if rarely aggressive) image but ultimately its just a subconious learnt device to make sure I'm not weeping like a schoolgirl at every unhappy person I meet or news story I see.

I'd imagine that sexually you probably get people turned on differently by the same thing, the difference between "look at that weak women being dominated" and "look at how turned on that women is by something so taboo".

Last edited:

- Last thing -
What's your background my fren?

Not fair to label that kid as a psychopath. First thing he says in the video is “don’t talk about my mother”. A psychopath wouldn’t give a shit about what anyone says about his mom.

I wouldn't say that kid was a psychopath, he was just your typical wannabe tough kid who only needs one proper hammering (blood and all) to never think about trying that shit again.

I've met a lot of narcissists, one or two sociopaths (the two have a lot of similarities for me, but the former seems relatively harmless whereas the latter have always had a element of 'steer well clear' about them).

Not fair to label that kid as a psychopath. First thing he says in the video is “don’t talk about my mother”. A psychopath wouldn’t give a shit about what anyone says about his mom.

Not sure I'd agree with that, looking out for the good name of a family member can potentially be an egotistical thing.

Don't think you see anything in the video to judge him as sociopathic ot not though really, seems much more likely to be a sign of insecurity and potential narcissism.

Dude, I've been burned a bunch of times hanging with complete degenerates because I'd rather get burned myself than burn someone who didn't deserve it. I walk people down and make absolute certain they're a degenerate before I could ever be mean or ditch them because I'm so careful to not be a dick for no reason or a false suspicion. I've found pretty much every time that I'm always right and should have blessed them out earlier.
Cuck

Back