Naoya Inoue, the best teenage prospect?

B

Boxing Prospect

I'd like to introduce you to Japanese teenager Naoya Inoue (2-0, 2). A youngster who many in Japan are viewing as a fighter with limitless potential and who could win a title quicker than Kazuto Ioka did and be a champion for over a decade. A full article and a video of his professional debut can be found here: http://www.boxingprospects.info/1/post/2012/10/naoya-inoue.html

Give it a look if you're interested in a fighter that IBOHOF journalist, former trainer and former manager Joe Koizumi has tipped. Honestly the kid is unreal and proves that Japan is doing something special with their youngsters right now.

Solid timing, movement, and awesome bodyshots!

We need more kids like this

I blame Hajime No Ippo... That kid's gonna be the one to beat Ricardo.

Solid timing, movement, and awesome bodyshots!

We need more kids like this

Thing to remember is that was his DEBUT as well. He looks like a fighter who has had a number of developmental fights.

Friggin A. You can just tell he "has it". He's not just good or effective, he's "got it".

Until we get him going to and away from Japan to fight, he will be irrelevant on the world seen.

That's always the question with some of these guys.

I was skeptical before watching the vid, but he does appear very talented.

You always have to factor in the level of opponent though. I don't know his weight, but purely for example, would he be able to deal with guys like Rios, Maidana? The chin to withstand Matthysse? Timing to deal with Khan's speed?

You have to go through the ringer to really no if someone has "GOT IT". What if his chin sucks. What if he folds mentally to being hit by a banger. There are too many aspects to boxing to say if someone has it after 2 fights.

I was skeptical before watching the vid, but he does appear very talented.

You always have to factor in the level of opponent though. I don't know his weight, but purely for example, would he be able to deal with guys like Rios, Maidana? The chin to withstand Matthysse? Timing to deal with Khan's speed?

You have to go through the ringer to really no if someone has "GOT IT". What if his chin sucks. What if he folds mentally to being hit by a banger. There are too many aspects to boxing to say if someone has it after 2 fights.

He's been fighting between 108 and 112 so he'll never be a name in the US or face guys who out weight him by 30lbs. Whilst his chin is untested in the pros he wasn't stopped in the major international amateur competitions he was fighting in and has sparred with Kuroda (112lbs world title contender) and Ryoto Murata (Middleweight Olympic champion). He apparently abused Kuroda in the ring and Murata was very surprised by how strong the kid was which would suggest he's not a little weakling who's going to buckle when he gets tagged.

Kuroda is the WBA #9 at Flyweight. Interesting that the WBA's last rankings at 112 are likely to change drastically when they come out next. They still ranked Wonjongkam (#15), they had no #1 guy and Karim Guerfi (#14) lost to a domesic rival (at Bantamweight).

Every chance we'll see the WBA give Inoue a ranking IF Kuroda wins against Reveco.

Kuroda is the WBA #9 at Flyweight. Interesting that the WBA's last rankings at 112 are likely to change drastically when they come out next. They still ranked Wonjongkam (#15), they had no #1 guy and Karim Guerfi (#14) lost to a domesic rival (at Bantamweight).

Every chance we'll see the WBA give Inoue a ranking IF Kuroda wins against Reveco.

As much as I hate the politics of it all, that would actually be awesome to see a guy claim a title in just his third fight.

Just seen that Inoue fights next month against Yuki Sano (17-2-4, 12) over the 10 round distance O_O wow! Shame Kuroda didn't beat Revecco though. Remember Inoue is on 2-0 (2) so Sano is a massive gamble!

Also on that card are Yohei Tobe (4-1-1, 2) who has a win over current world champion Kohei Kono and Ryo Matsumoto (5-0, 5)

Kid looks good. Keep us updated on his progress.

At first I read this as Natalie Inoue, the real-life Chun-Li of P&M fame. I thought she prob has a decent punch with them legs, but didn't know she boxed. I would have actually looked forward to watching her box, ass and boobs a bouncin'.

Impressive. Keep the vids on him coming

Excellent youngster, still just a teenager yet showing traits of a seasoned veteran.

Back