Naoya Inoue or Terence Crawford - Who's P4P the best right now?

Who's P4P the best right now?

• Total voters
Terence Crawford is such an annoying person to like.
Fight IQ is immense. Defense, footwork, adaptability, fights well out of both stances, went from a great puncher at 140 to a devastating puncher at 147.
Probably the best killer instincts. If he hurts you, you're done. Just about everything you could want in a boxer.

Career choices? Exact opposite of all that. All the momentum in the world after beating Spence his first marquee win and he's like I'm not doing shit with it.

Inoue always looks to have fights lined up. He's not taking short cuts and he's so amazing to watch. He's earned the right to be P4P #1 and continues to prove it

I've got Inoue. If anything, if Usyk beats Fury it's closer between Crawford and Usyk for #2 than anyone taking the top spot from Inoue.
Yeah he got dropped, but by a championship level guy with big power. What's even more impressive is that it landed flush and he didn't really seem to be hurt. He then systematically picked Nery apart and destroyed him.
Even the best get caught, Beterbiev has been dropped twice, Canelo was way more hurt by Cotto's brother than Inoue was vs Nery. Hell Bud was wobbled by Gamboa and dropped by Kavaliauskas and Usyk was dropped by Dubois. I even remember James Toney getting dropped and hurt by Reggie Johnson, it happens.

I've got Inoue. If anything, if Usyk beats Fury it's closer between Crawford and Usyk for #2 than anyone taking the top spot from Inoue.
Yeah he got dropped, but by a championship level guy with big power. What's even more impressive is that it landed flush and he didn't really seem to be hurt. He then systematically picked Nery apart and destroyed him.
Even the best get caught, Beterbiev has been dropped twice, Canelo was way more hurt by Cotto's brother than Inoue was vs Nery. Hell Bud was wobbled by Gamboa and dropped by Kavaliauskas and Usyk was dropped by Dubois. I even remember James Toney getting dropped and hurt by Reggie Johnson, it happens.
I don't even count that Dubois shot. It was questionable. Imagine if we did start counting low blows, or borderline ones, then the list of fighters getting dropped would be endless. As for the P4P ratings, they're really only meant for smaller fighters. That's why they were created. The biggest prize is to be undisputed heavyweight champ. If Usyk beats Fury he'll hold that distinction.

I think he might be thought of higher than Ward & Calzaghe all off of the Spence win. If he unifies 154 i think it redeems his career. Or even a Canelo fight if that ever comes a long again

Answer to the thread is none of the above.

Usyk then Usyk clearly if he beats Fury.

I kind feel like that cartoonish knockdown should hurt The Monster some. But I'm biased as I probably do not follow the lighter weights enough to really give credit to some of the no names he has beaten. Those weights will always make it seem like he has no real competition.

Crawford continues to disappoint as a once a year fighter at best & against mostly unheralded and past prime opponents.
Props for admitting your bias. A lot of people just discredit Inoue based on his weight and nothing else. I know the lighter weights aren't that popular but just take a look at Inoue's resume and the careers of the dudes he has made look like novices. It's impressive stuff.

Crawford is utterly unique, I have never seen someone with so much hardware in so many weight classes having beaten such relatively weak opposition. It's puzzling. Shame because when he fights, it's always entertaining.

Apparently Crawford is P4P number one off the eye test because literally all anyone has said to bolster his rating is “he’s so good!” Or his “technical skills” or whatever.

Honestly his technique sucks if we are being honest and he only proves it with his career of question marks and going life and death with shot fighters. This is nothing new to boxing, he looks good because level of competition and because of careful matchmaking. Spence is the only real name who mattered and he was totally cracked before the fight. Honestly went back and watched the fight and Spence was shot to bits.

“But he beat Ugas!!!!”

Yeah… the guy destroyed by Mario fucking Barrios.

Here’s the real eye test, being smacked around by Gamboa, whiffing against a one-legged fighter who taunts with his hands down at both the weigh in and the fight itself, knocked down by feather fisted no names, and unlike his contemporaries actually was losing to a totally shot Porter when he finally did what he was supposed to. As far as P4P goes Crawford sucks, and without the right dance partners fans would see it. Canelo will absolutely son him with ease and Boots would end the hype and illusion once and for all.

Crawford has more questions and dings to reputation than Inoue has, and Inoue’s power and excitement factor makes him even more appealing. Inoue faced RELEVANT and unspoiled competition pretty much from his early outings, and has wowed a HELL of a lot more than “take half a fight to figure out a jobbers rhythm” Crawford.

A zero isn’t special here anymore. Inoue has that too. Otherwise Inoue has every possible advantage here. Undefeated. Actual competition. No careful navigation. No negotiation horse shit. P4P resume. P4P (no 1) power.

One fighter has LOOKED P4P no1, and his name ain’t Terence Crawford, so stop using the eye test because his resume ain’t “it”.

Crawford took more than 5 years to unify 147 and then refused to defend the belts. Inoue moved up to 122 and fully unified and defended them all in less than 10 months.

inoue vs crawford.
the best fighter in the world goes after the best.

he doesn’t stall, bitch about money, or make excuses.

old school. thats what made duran, leonard, etc. so great.

Apparently Crawford is P4P number one off the eye test because literally all anyone has said to bolster his rating is “he’s so good!” Or his “technical skills” or whatever.

Honestly his technique sucks if we are being honest and he only proves it with his career of question marks and going life and death with shot fighters. This is nothing new to boxing, he looks good because level of competition and because of careful matchmaking. Spence is the only real name who mattered and he was totally cracked before the fight. Honestly went back and watched the fight and Spence was shot to bits.

“But he beat Ugas!!!!”

Yeah… the guy destroyed by Mario fucking Barrios.

Here’s the real eye test, being smacked around by Gamboa, whiffing against a one-legged fighter who taunts with his hands down at both the weigh in and the fight itself, knocked down by feather fisted no names, and unlike his contemporaries actually was losing to a totally shot Porter when he finally did what he was supposed to. As far as P4P goes Crawford sucks, and without the right dance partners fans would see it. Canelo will absolutely son him with ease and Boots would end the hype and illusion once and for all.

Crawford has more questions and dings to reputation than Inoue has, and Inoue’s power and excitement factor makes him even more appealing. Inoue faced RELEVANT and unspoiled competition pretty much from his early outings, and has wowed a HELL of a lot more than “take half a fight to figure out a jobbers rhythm” Crawford.

A zero isn’t special here anymore. Inoue has that too. Otherwise Inoue has every possible advantage here. Undefeated. Actual competition. No careful navigation. No negotiation horse shit. P4P resume. P4P (no 1) power.

One fighter has LOOKED P4P no1, and his name ain’t Terence Crawford, so stop using the eye test because his resume ain’t “it”.
But he beat spence!

inoue vs crawford.
the best fighter in the world goes after the best.

he doesn’t stall, bitch about money, or make excuses.

old school. thats what made duran, leonard, etc. so great.
Settle down. Inoue vs Tank sure. Crawfords just too big it wouldnt come down to skill.

i'm talking about P4P. not them facing each other.
And i wish casuals would stop mentioning tank.
<lol>
I read it as Inoue should go after Crawford.
I get what you're saying now, and I rank Inoue over Crawford by the way.

The higher the competition Crawford fights the better his performances have been

Inoue is an offensive machine and I'm a fan but Crawford clearly has more in the tool bag and is the better fighter

I have it top 3
Crawford or Canelo
Inoue
Usyk

Crawford is too inactive IMO and the version of Spence he whooped was terrible. If you take that into consideration, the last three years of Crawford's career have not been that impressive.

Back