Naoya Inoue is moving up!

kenji goh

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just read it on a comment, in a higlight video hanzagod made about Inoue today.

It says in english that Inoue doesn't have any reason to stay in the division any more.

So the next big fight will be Yamanaka vs Inoue?!

Here is the video.

That would be awesome if the two best Japanese guys duked it out.

wow, he's not interested in gonzales anymore
which means even less interest in cuadras or the thai fighter.
yamanaka fight doesn't put him in the international spotlight. not a great career move.
who else is there?
rigondeaux?

Yamanaka vs Inoue
Would be a great fight

Fighting the guy who just beat the #1 P4P fighter isn't reason to stay in the division? Lol

I see why someone would say that though. Srisaket would go to Japan and give him an L. That ruggedness and grime is a nightmare matchup for a young pretty boy with not much experience.

Fighting the guy who just beat the #1 P4P fighter isn't reason to stay in the division? Lol

I see why someone would say that though. Srisaket would go to Japan and give him an L. That ruggedness and grime is a nightmare matchup for a young pretty boy with not much experience.
What was srisaket's Muay Thai name?

What was srisaket's Muay Thai name?

This is his alias he went by in MT, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai. His real name is Wisaksil Wangek. He could've had multiple aliases as well.

Last edited:

i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with his 'ruggedness'
gonzales was an undefeated living legend
srisaket has only 1 notable win, a big one at that, but only 1, but he also lost to cuadros

inoue has demolished every top ranked veteran in front of him, that has been the point.

the way i see it, because not many experts are happy with the gonzales-srisaket decision
they will probably rematch. gonzales should also have the rematch clause in his contract.

you guys think naoya would've beaten both of them?

i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with his 'ruggedness'
gonzales was an undefeated living legend
srisaket has only 1 notable win, a big one at that, but only 1, but he also lost to cuadros

inoue has demolished every top ranked veteran in front of him, that has been the point.

the way i see it, because not many experts are happy with the gonzales-srisaket decision
they will probably rematch. gonzales should also have the rematch clause in his contract.

You're very biased.

Why are you ignoring Srisaket's KO of Yota Sato and at the same time pumping up Inoue's resume like it's loaded? Srisaket's best win is better than Inoue's best win and Srisaket's second best win is better than Inoue's second best win.

Gonzalez > Narvaez
Sato > Hernandez

If/when the Yamanaka - Inoue match happens who do you see as the winner?
God's left hand or The Monster?? (Japanese nick names kill me! :p )

From what I have seen Yamanaka has a more conservative approach.
He's like a fencer, moving in and out, in a kind of linear way, with a few basic
combinations and at some point, after he has grown accustomed to the opponent,
he finds him with his left and drops him.

Inoue is considerably more athletic, more explosive, with high volume punches and combinations up and down to the body, fast legs, a lot of power in both hands and nice defence when he is focused.

Yamanaka has the experience and focus in his favor, Inoue his superior athleticism and youth.

I personally think that if Inoue comes prepared and motivated he will probably win.
I would root for Yamanaka though.

Last edited:
Yamanaka and Inoue would be an awesome fight ! Two of Japan's best ,wouldn't know who to root for.

Also, it'll probably be against Marlon Tapales (Filipino WBO BW champ). Takuma was set to fight him but it fell through and there was a rumor that Naoya wants it too.

Can you elaborate more, man?. What advantages do you think that Yamanaka has?
well, size and punching powers are obvious ones. Inoue is a really sharp combination puncher but his defense is inconsistent (sometimes it's very good, sometimes it's leaky) and Yamanaka has a way of landing that left (his whole game is centered around locking in and landing). I think Yamanaka is simply too big, and too much for Inoue, who will have his moments of sharp boxing, but will eventually get caught.

well, size and punching powers are obvious ones. Inoue is a really sharp combination puncher but his defense is inconsistent (sometimes it's very good, sometimes it's leaky) and Yamanaka has a way of landing that left (his whole game is centered around locking in and landing). I think Yamanaka is simply too big, and too much for Inoue, who will have his moments of sharp boxing, but will eventually get caught.
You are right. I just checked the stats.

Yamanaka is significantly bigger than Inoue. Even if Inoue carries his power on bantamweight he will still be in great disadvantage.

Everybody says (including me) how physically overmatched Gonzalez was against Ruvingsai, but their height and reach is almost identical.
Inoue will have to climb an even steeper rock.

leaky defense. where did u get that? not true at all. he's also known for his defensive slickness. he's never been down, never seen him hurt or hit clean with a big power shot. inoue is known for his 1 shot power which is why his nickname is the 'monster.'
yamanaka has been hurt many times, including his recent fights.

anyways, inoue vs yamanaka won't happen anyways.
inoue is interested in stepping up to the world stage at this point in his career. not asia, not japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back