Naoki Inoue Looked Amazing

applesbananas

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just watched his fight against De Tomas. He just turned 20 years old and has solid grappling skills as well as an interesting Karate based style of striking. Apparently, the gym he trains at only has 8 professional fighters, including his sister. Very interested in seeing him fight.

Yes he did. And what a fight that was!

De Tomas didn't look bad either, looks like the division finally gains some steam.

It was a nice fight. Both fighters were exciting.

he didn't really look amazing, he looked decent.

his accuracy was a lil off on the feet, and he should have got the sub finish tbh.

His coach is Papa Northcutt if Northcutt had discovered grappling in the 90's instead of cocaine & bodybuilding.

Both of these homies should be on that September card.
DCsuc_Z-_Xc_AIbo_Nx.jpg

Last edited:
He has a lot of promise. It's nice to see someone risk going for submissions over holding position.

Wouldn't consider it "amazing" but he looked good but more importantly was very exciting

Would like to see him fight someone with a Wikipedia page before I get on the hypetrain

Wouldn't consider it "amazing" but he looked good but more importantly was very exciting

Would like to see him fight someone with a Wikipedia page before I get on the hypetrain
I just made Inoue's wikipedia page 2 days ago lol.

Was really impressed by his positional awareness. Most guys who go for subs as aggressively as he did get reversed when they lose them, Naoki transitioned to something else every time

I loved his agressive sub game the ufc needs more fighters to be aggressive in that department i'll eagerly watch his next fight

This was at horn of second round. I thought he had it.

Inoue%20Naoki_zpsb9zgxsmx.gif

He almost had like twenty different attempts. That's the point though as he needs to get stronger and shore up that finishing technique so he can get out of there quickly.

He almost had like twenty different attempts. That's the point though as he needs to get stronger and shore up that finishing technique so he can get out of there quickly.
Yeah you're probably right.

Back