HW - Roy Nelson, Yoshihiro Takayama, Cabbage, Ben Rothwell
LHW - Gus, Jones, Shogun
MW - Chris Leben, Kazushia Sakuraba, Jake Shields
WW - Brian Ebersole, Rory MacDonald, Jake Shields
LW - Takanori Gomi, Clay Guida
FW - Korean Zombie, Korean Superboy
BW - Eddie Wineland
FLW - Demetrious Johnson

Hopefully I didn't forget too many iron chins.

WHO ARE YOUR TOP 3 ALL TIME CHINS FOR EACH DIVISION?

Last edited:
Featherweight
1. Frankie Edgar
2. Conor McGregor
3. Tatsuya Kawajiri

You're on the wrong drugs not having Aldo on there.

Until he literally launched himself face-first at the best KO artist in divisional history Jose Aldo's chin was un-cracked for 11 years straight. The speed with which he bounced back up after being dropped by FW Powerhouse Chad Skincream was amazing. You don't recover like that if you don't have a GOAT chin.

At FW his only other loss aside from Conor - the Max fight - was due to fatigue, not a bad chin.

Doo Ho Choi should be there for FW.

Heath Herring had a pretty ridiculous chin.... was never knocked out.

You're on the wrong drugs not having Aldo on there.

Until he literally launched himself face-first at the best KO artist in divisional history Jose Aldo's chin was un-cracked for 11 years straight.

His only other loss at FW - the Max fight - was due to fatigue, not a bad chin.
I considered Aldo. He showed a good chin and good recovery when Chad dropped him, but I feel Frankie, Conor and Kawajiri are even less likely to get KO'ed at 145.

Heavyweight
1. Mark Hunt
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
3. Kazyuki Fujita

Light Heavyweight
1. Dan Henderson
2. Rampage Jackson
3. Daniel Cormier

Middleweight
1. Dan Henderson
2. Anderson Silva
3. Gegard Mousasi

Welterweight

1. Carlos Condit
2. Chris Lytle
3. Nick Diaz

Lightweight

1. Frankie Edgar
2. BJ Penn
3. Nate Diaz

Featherweight

1. Frankie Edgar
2. Conor McGregor
3. Tatsuya Kawajiri

Bantamweight

1. Dominick Cruz
2. Urijah Faber
3. Jon Lineker

Flyweight

1. Jon Lineker
2. John Moraga
3. Tim Elliot

Honorable mentions:
HW - Roy Nelson, Yoshihiro Takayama, Cabbage, Ben Rothwell
LHW - Gus, Jones,
MW - Chris Leben, Kazushia Sakuraba, Jake Shields
WW - Brian Ebersole, Rory MacDonald, Jake Shields
LW - Takanori Gomi, Clay Guida
FW - Korean Zombie, Korean Superboy
BW - Eddie Wineland
FLW - Demetrious Johnson

Hopefully I didn't forget too many iron chins.

WHO ARE YOUR TOP 3 ALL TIME CHINS FOR EACH DIVISION?
Great list.

Doo Ho Choi should be there for FW.

Heath Herring had a pretty ridiculous chin.... was never knocked out.

Herring had 4 TKO losses on his record mate...

Crocrop and Fedor both finished him with strikes.

Herring had 4 TKO losses on his record mate...

Crocrop and Fedor both finished him with strikes.

We are talking about CHINS in here, right?

-Crocop knocked him out with a body kick.
- Fedor fight was a doctor stoppage between rounds.
-Sam Greco beat him via a leg injury.
-Mezhidov fight was a stoppage via cut.

Nobody has knocked him unconscious. Not Brock Lesnar, not Igor Vovchanchyn, not Fedor Emelianenko, not Mark Kerr.... not even Aliakbari could do it last year after pounding the shit out of him.

We are talking about CHINS in here, right?

-Crocop knocked him out with a body kick.
- Fedor fight was a doctor stoppage between rounds.
-Sam Greco beat him via a leg injury.
-Mezhidov fight was a stoppage via cut.

Nobody has knocked him unconscious. Not Brock Lesnar, not Igor Vovchanchyn, not Fedor Emelianenko, not Mark Kerr.... not even Aliakbari could do it last year after pounding the shit out of him.

I know how he lost, I watched all of those fights.

You raise a good point. He did have a pretty good chin.

Yeah, solid list.

Though, I'd put Shogun on there above Rampage or Cormier. His chin finally cracked, but holy fucking Christ could he take a shot.

I know how he lost, I watched all of those fights.

You raise a good point. He did have a pretty good chin.

Just think about how bad his striking defense was.... then look at the list of people he's fought and think...... pretty much every one of those fuckers has nailed him dead-on and not one of them ever cracked him. Even Nelson and Hunt have cracked at least once.... but Herring didn't. He was never that skilled but he sure was tough as shit and had a lot of heart.

Yeah, solid list.

Though, I'd put Shogun on there above Rampage or Cormier. His chin finally cracked, but holy fucking Christ could he take a shot.

Shogun could have been an honorable mention.

He had a great chin but I don't think he could take 19 knees to the dome from Wand like Rampage did.

Shogun could have been an honorable mention.

He had a great chin but I don't think he could take 19 knees to the dome from Wand like Rampage did.

Even prime Shogun doesn't survive Rumble's right hand + head kick the way Cormier did.

ufc-139-rua-henderson-1.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-4.gif

nogdropsshogun.gif

I disagree. Not many man could have stood up to the beating Jones put on him either, and it still took Jones 4 rounds to put him away.

Shogun is as tough as they come.

ufc-139-rua-henderson-1.gif

ufc-139-rua-henderson-4.gif

nogdropsshogun.gif

I disagree. Not many man could have stood up to the beating Jones put on him either, and it still took Jones 4 rounds to put them away.

Shogun is as tough as they come.

You make a great argument. I always thought Shogun had a great chin. I forget how much damage he has taken in some fights. Hendo and Rampage are definitely the best at 205 but you know what, Shogun might be right up there close with DC at 3rd place.

You make a great argument. I always thought Shogun had a great chin. I forget how much damage he has taken in some fights. Hendo and Rampage are definitely the best at 205 but you know what, Shogun might be right up there close with DC at 3rd place.

I'd put him above Cormier. I get the Rampage argument. Cormier's got a great chin, but it's only been truly tested in a few fights.

Rampage also always rolled well with punches. I think that's helped prolong his chin.

Shogun got ko'd by osp in 34 seconds

I'd put him above Cormier. I get the Rampage argument. Cormier's got a great chin, but it's only been truly tested in a few fights.

Rampage also always rolled well with punches. I think that's helped prolong his chin.
I added Shogun as an HM.

You might be right. He may very well have a better chin than DC. It is hard to say. They definitely both have iron chins. That's for sure.

Shogun got ko'd by osp in 34 seconds
He had been fighting for like 12 years or more at that point.

He had taken so much damage throughout his career. He also had a lot of knee injuries.

Even the toughest guys eventually break down and get finished one day. Nobody can last forever but look how much damage he took for so many years!

Roy Nelson has the best chin of all time. Not sure how he's on your honorable mention. Other than that, you have a pretty damn good list.

Back