Name someone you thought would win the belt for sure

Traivs Browne after he the way he beat Chad Griggs. Now he's on a 4 fight losing streak...

You probably didnt watch mma at the time but nobody gave Nick a chance, and they both fought at 155 back then. If you were around at the time you would understans

YOU obviously didn't watch MMA back then. Nick NEVER fought at 155. Effing Shertards...

YOU obviously didn't watch MMA back then. Nick NEVER fought at 155. Effing Shertards...

160.. Whatever. The point is nobody gave Nick a chance and you would know that if you were around back then. Your first response proves you werent.

Gomi was the #1 LW and Nick wasnt even close. The fact that you felt the need to respond to that shows you dont understand the mma landscape at that time and you have no idea what youre talking about

Last edited:
Man I thought little nogueira would do something in the ufc. Big Nog got that intern belt but I thought little nog would have made more waves for sure.

Reem for me as well.

Right - Aldo over MTB, Cain over Brock, Penn over Sherk ("undisputed"), Shad over Forrest, Shogun over Lyoto (both times), Jones over DC, GSP over Serra (lol), Rockhold over Weidman, DC over Rumble, Randy over Sylvia, Pettis over Bendo, Max over Aldo, Conor over Alvarez

Wrong - Werdum over Stipe, Cain over Werdum, Carwin over Brock, Rockhold over Bisping, Rampage over Forrest, Cain over JDS (1st fight), Pettis over RDA, Penn over Edgar, Mir over Brock (2nd fight), Randy over Brock, GSP over Serra (1st fight), RDA over Alvarez, Barao over TJ (1st fight)

can't remember the rest, or was on the fence

Rory, Wonderboy, Condit, Khabib, Moose and Romero. Not one of these names will ever be champ it appears.
Condit did win the interim title, maybe not the real one but it was during the time GSP could not defend.

160.. Whatever. The point is nobody gave Nick a chance and you would know that if you were around back then. Your first response proves you werent.

Gomi was the #1 LW and Nick wasnt even close. The fact that you felt the need to respond to that shows you dont understand the mma landscape at that time and you have no idea what youre talking about

No, once again you show you weren't even born then. BJ had DOMINATED Gomi a couple of years earlier. Gomi was beating some cans in Japan. A bunch of uneducated people thought he was the shit. He wasn't, isn't, and never was.

Gomi should have been fighting at 145, and should be now. At 155 he was, and is, "The Butterball Kid". A fat little tub o' lard. Nick Diaz was easily a weight class bigger man, and was getting as good as he gave from a tiny little man.

I thought Phil Davis would be champ one day after seeing his first few fights.

I agree with Mirko Crocop. The guy was brutal and all he won was the Pride GP.

I mean, I was specifically thinking UFC belts you tool I know he won a belt in Strikeforce

No. I meant you aren't very smart if you thought Diaz could win the belt in the UFC. He is all hat, no cattle.

Sure he had the SF belt. He won that and defended it against guys who couldn't beat anyone in SF, let alone the UFC.

Back