Name change.

TRIPLE LOL @

"Beezow Doo-Doo BoppityBop-Bop-Bop"

asian-troll-face.jpg

I think the era of trying to craft a catchy moniker to put up in bright lights is dead and gone, as well as cliche. Ironically enough, the new names that the GOAT and Bomber took on had very little to do with their success.
i kinda agree i was just wondering what other people think.

it's amazing how many old school boxers changed their names to be more appealing to fans. do you think it would have an affect on stipe's popularity?
I know a handful of boxers changed their names because they converted to the muslim faith, but who are some that changed names for other reasons?

I know a handful of boxers changed their names because they converted to the muslim faith, but who are some that changed names for other reasons?
it was very common back in the day. kid chocalate, ray robinson and joe louis just to name a few. the list is long though.

dead serious. ever heard of joe barrows or walker smith?
Joe Luis Barrows, it's still his name. and Smith entered the boxing world using someone else' amateur card. Guess what the name on the card wa... Sugar Ray Robinson. I wouldn't say those to instances support your point.

Joe Luis Barrows, it's still his name. and Smith entered the boxing world using someone else' amateur card. Guess what the name on the card wa... Sugar Ray Robinson. I wouldn't say those to instances support your point.
and why did robinson continue to use the name? fighters commonly changed their names to be more appealing or sound less foreign. are you saying they didn't?

David Abbott is his real name, not Tank Abbott. See it worked for him, ;)

why does it matter what his interviews are like? he is a fighter not a politician. it's absolutely pathetic that people expect all that trash talking wwe shit these days.
Yes and no. He doesn't have to trash talk to be interesting. Intelligence and enthusiasm could do wonders, or if you can't figure that out, get a PR firm.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/undertheinfluence/selling-yourself-the-art-of-personal-branding-1.3106068 (if you can find the podcast it's much better than reading)

I guess whooping ass takes a passenger seat next to shit talk and name changes.

and why did robinson continue to use the name? fighters commonly changed their names to be more appealing or sound less foreign. are you saying they didn't?
I don't 100% disagree with you, I just think we are pushing 2 bad examples. It's like saying Chad Johnson or Ron Artest changed their names because Ochocinco and Metta World Peace are easier to say.
To your original question Stipe's name is difficult until you hear it, definitely not as rough as Khabib's.

i understand where your coming from, i just find it sad that fighters are expected to be media savvy. not everybody can be ali.
I agree, which is why orgs should invest in PR firms. All fighters benefit and as a fighter works their way to the top, they become even bigger. Even a gatekeeper would generate more interest if (especially if they embraced the role) they were marketed that way.

Laughing hard at all the rootless people who would even consider such a move.

Stipe "African Killer" Miocic

Or does that sound too racist?

Back