name a technique never done in an mma fight that could work.

Dem inner leg hook kicks.
InfantileValidAplomadofalcon.gif

To an ignorant person yes if you can do it or somewhat do it you will see its a different technique.

Much like a round kick from TKD is not the same as a round kick from Muay Thai , they can look the same or simlar but their can be more going on that is obvious.

He's doing a shitty ass corkscrew jab from southpaw. Nothing special about that, at all.

With your logic a left long uppercut from stance is called a jab too, its not its different to the power jab, well the straight lead is a fair bit more different than a long uppercut from stance and a jab

No, an uppercut with your lead hand is just an uppercut with your lead hand.

A straight punch, be it corkscrew jab, power jab, bow and arrow jab, pawing jab, etc, is still a jab. Even if you do it with shitty outward rotation from southpaw like that JKD video.

thats actually a piledriver

I stand corrected

He's doing a shitty ass corkscrew jab from southpaw. Nothing special about that, at all.

Well presuming you aren't fully trolling, and somewhat believe what you are saying, is a long range uppercut thrown from stance the same as a power jab? Are you saying the 2 boxing punches are the same thing? Because a straight lead is more different than these 2 boxing punch variations.

Also a corkscrew punch is rotated over, the straight lead has a vertical fist thats turned up at the end

Well presuming you aren't fully trolling, and somewhat believe what you are saying, is a long range uppercut thrown from stance the same as a power jab? Are you saying the 2 boxing punches are the same thing? Because a straight lead is more different than these 2 boxing punch variations.

Also a corkscrew punch is rotated over, the straight lead has a vertical fist thats turned up at the end
CB6haum.gif

I sometimes wonder why the full nelson hasn't been used as a submission. Has anyone ever won in mma due to a bearhug?
Rich Clementi did a full nelson on Melvin Guillard back in the day.

There are techniques with different names more simlar than variations on the same technique and vice versa.

Our conversation has reached its climatic end and the conclusion is, its subjective.

Pretty good at trolling aren't you? You were pulling my emotions well I knew I shouldn't dig a hole but I wanted to. Im not sure if thats a compliment or a terrible insult. Its almost like getting really good at wasting time or finding nit bits of food in garbage cans or something. Silly boy!

a corkscrew punch is turned right at the end to build power. a straight lead is turned over usually as well just in a different way.

There are techniques with different names more simlar than variations on the same technique and vice versa.

Our conversation has reached its climatic end and the conclusion is, its subjective.

Pretty good at trolling aren't you? You were pulling my emotions well I knew I shouldn't dig a hole but I wanted to. Im not sure if thats a compliment or a terrible insult.

Yeah I'm an expert troll, a master really. I take great pride in it, and it's my personal craft I've honed to a razor's edge.

Thats a powerjab, purely boxing its not a staright lead, but it is using a push off and a good hip rotation 2 important parts of the SL and power jab, the powerline isnt there his hand is horizontal at impact almost, the hips are also used in a different way, and theres a whole bunch of other things that happen in a straight lead that are not happening there

Back