name a technique never done in an mma fight that could work.

This one could be really high % and effective, there's more complexity and perhaps effectiveness than a boxing power jab or lead uppercut

tumblr_ofqfc0TYND1u6jjy9o1_400.gif

Sweep kicks seem like they would be highly effective.

Inverted%2BLeg%2BSweep.gif

I only recall seeing one in the UFC and funny enough, it was against Thompson.

No4Zqoo.gif

Not sure how to explain this. A type of submission I always thought may work and have seen opportunities for it in a number of fights .

Fighter gets back mount. Trying for choke, using a figure four around opponents waist. Fighter defending ( as some do) is throwing punches behind aiming for head of aggressor .

As fighter throws punches some tend to leave their arm and fist behind their head once they've found their target. At that point the back mounted fighter grabs the wrist trying to punch him with their hand from the opposite side ( uses left hand to grab right wrist for example) both fighters remember are facing same direction. Pull wrist down behind their back and away ( as above right wrist being pulled down and to the right). Next with other hand grab elbow ( same arm as wrist, most likely elbow will be pointing up at this point) again push down on elbow for extra leverage.

This should cause instant pain and rip muscles on arm and shoulder. If no tap could possibly break shoulder.

Not sure if I wrote this clear enough. Has anyone seen a sub like this?

Reach your hand being your back, if someone grabbed your wrist and pulled down... it would hurt, they aren't me to bend that way.. Also leverage to pull out diminishes compared to other subs.

With a tight figure four it would be very hard to defend .
I've tapped people in training with it, I've never seen it in a fight though. There's a bunch of catch style moves like it that are never utilized much in BJJ or MMA for whatever reason

Low leg sweeps. The kind you learn in Kung Fu systems. You go all the way down bent knee on your front leg while sweeping around with the back leg. It can take an opponent totally off of their feet and can also be a really nice counter to a high kick from your opponent.
Chris Clements used that on Wonderboy. Pretty unexpected.

Always wondered about Sgt. Slaughter's Cobra Clutch, or even the Iron Sheik's infamous Camel Clutch, which can break backs and make jabronis HOOMBEL

No shit a Jab huh?

To an ignorant person yes if you can do it or somewhat do it you will see its a different technique.

Much like a round kick from TKD is not the same as a round kick from Muay Thai , they can look the same or simlar but their can be more going on that is obvious.

With your logic a left long uppercut from stance is called a jab too, its not its different to the power jab, well the straight lead is a fair bit more different than a long uppercut from stance and a jab

Back