Name a good lesser known song you discovered from a CD

You might find this song "weird" and "hipstery"

I find it beautiful.

This is a hipster statement.
Check the top 40 and tell me I'm wrong. You think a heterosexual male wants to listen to a Selena Gomez song? The fact that a Disney actress has two songs in the top 20 should tell you all you need to know about the state of mainstream music.

Let's keep this to high probability many will like. You can make your own "low probability many will like" thread and put that stuff there. I don't even click the YouTube links here anymore because 99% of the time it's shitty.

Smashing Pumpkins has a lot of good songs I like that I never heard on the radio or anywhere mainstream.
How about just let us post songs that fall under the criteria you set when you made the thread?

Good lesser known songs from CD's.

You should be more specific if all you wanted was "Mainstream, typical/common songs that I'll like"

I never knowingly listened to any Selena Gomez, Bieber, etc. When I peek at iTunes Top Charts, I never heard of 99.9% of what's on there.

Check the top 40 and tell me I'm wrong. You think a heterosexual male wants to listen to a Selena Gomez song?
Funny thing about that is, alot do for some reason.

My brother is very Hetero, he loves Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, I don't really get it imo.

I always thought only Queens and women were into female pop stars, haha.

Funny thing about that is, alot do for some reason.

My brother is very Hetero, he loves Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, I don't really get it imo.

I always thought only Queens and women were into female pop stars, haha.
How old is he? This generation has been raised on fruity music. That's why they are so confused about their gender.

How old is he? This generation has been raised on fruity music. That's why they are so confused about their gender.
He just turned 40 on Canada Day(July 1st) lol.

He's 13 years older than I am.

He likes Rock, Hip Hop aswell, a few different genres, one of those "I listen too everything... except the stuff they don't play on the radio"

Which basically means he, like pretty much everyone, only likes a handful of genres.

He just turned 40 on Canada Day(July 1st) lol.

He's 13 years older than I am.
Weird.

I just think it's ignorant to call someone a "hipster" because they don't like dance music or crappy hip hop which is what 99% of mainstream music is. I like rock, prog, and metal. What mainstream artists cater towards my tastes? Absolutely none. Some used to but that was a long time ago.

Weird.

I just think it's ignorant to call someone a "hipster" because they don't like dance music or crappy hip hop which is what 99% of mainstream music is. I like rock, prog, and metal. What mainstream artists cater towards my tastes? Absolutely none. Some used to but that was a long time ago.
Agreed 100%.

#32 Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls

A 20 year old movie actress. Yea I'm sure she makes great music. :rolleyes:

Lots of times bands don't release their best songs so many gems that remain hidden.

"Hipster" is just a word that people use too insult anyone who likes things that aren't mainstream.

It's one of the douchiest and most ignorant things people get on with these days.

There's more music out there than what you can find on the radio.

Whats wrong with being your own person? Does everyone have to "fall in line" and be "normal"?

Or else you're some sort of pretentious asshole?

"How dare he be different! He should be like everyone else! Hipster!"

We aren't hipsters for having our own tastes, but you're a douchebag for assuming we're hipsters simply because we're being honest about what we like.

Last edited:
"Hipster" is just a word that people use too insult anyone who likes things that aren't mainstream.

It's one of the douchiest and most ignorant things people get on with these days.

There's more music out there than what you can find on the radio.

Whats wrong with being your own person? Does everyone have to "fall in line" and be "normal"?

Or else you're some sort of pretentious asshole?

"How dare he be different! He should be like everyone else! Hipster!"

We aren't hipsters for having our own tastes, but you're a douchebag for assuming we're hipsters simply because we're being honest about what we like.
It would be one thing if there was an abundance of great rock/metal bands achieving mainstream success and I said they all suck and then listed some obscure group that was clearly inferior, but that's not the case at all. Those bands just don't exist. If you are not into dance music or hip-pop in 2017, then you are "weird" by default.

It would be one thing if there was an abundance of great rock/metal bands achieving mainstream success and I said they all suck and then listed some obscure group that was clearly inferior, but that's not the case at all. Those bands just don't exist. If you are not into dance music or hip-pop in 2017, then you are "weird" by default.

Word.

All the best Metal is the "obscure" stuff that no ones heard of, because it's largely an underground genre, but ofcourse, being the ignorant losers they are, so many assume "underground" and "obsure" music listeners are hipsters by default.

EDM and Hip Hop aren't completely bad imo, but it's not my go too.

If you're at a party and need something to dance too, but other than that I don't listen too a great deal of it when I'm on my own or with friends.

Rock/Metal is always what gives me that special feeling you can't get anywhere else.

Last edited:
Back