Name a fighter/fight you wish was talked about more.

I'd like to hear Jimmie Rivera's name talked about more

Since we're going old school. Why not the "king of the streets"?..

210px-Marco_Ruas_publicity_shot_crop.jpg
Still wish the foot stomp would've caught on more.

For sure!! My favorite fight of his is the Barnett one I think. The way Barnett was slowly tipping and Pedro blasting him one more time for good measure.

@2:05

Good thread.... Really the fights before the TUF Era. The Pioneers just don't get the credit they deserve. Plus ... lets not forget about Bas Rutten.

I'd like to hear Jimmie Rivera's name talked about more
20 straight wins across UFC, Bellator,WSOF is pretty impressive for a young fighter. Hope to catch his next fight.

Last edited:
Good thread.... Really the fights before the TUF Era. The Pioneers just don't get the credit they deserve. Plus ... lets not forget about Bas Rutten.
I prefer not to argue here so I never say it, but I think anyone who says 90's mma is hard to watch or boring is bat shit crazy.

Marco Ruas doesnt get the respect he deserves on these forums. Many fans are ignorant of the history of the sport.

As far as a forgoten fight...Max Holloway vs Leonard Garcia. Garcia got robbed but very few people want to hear about it!

Since we're going old school. Why not the "king of the streets"?..

210px-Marco_Ruas_publicity_shot_crop.jpg
<GinJuice> damn I was hoping to post how under appreciated this legend was 1st not to mention how small he was as a heavyweight long live the King of the Streets.

Now I gotta post my second choice JON "BLACKLISTED" HESS took the UFC at their word there are no rules and was fined for his win and never allowed to fight after his 1-0 ufc savagery. <13>

Carlos Newton might be GOAT underappreciated fighter
Whenever people talk about greatest Canadian mma fighters it always takes too long for Newton to get brought up, if he is brought up at all.

Back