Nakamura - Sink Or Swim?

Funny that we got some dudes calling Nak gay when in the homophobe Heavies you can openly declare your lust love for Sexyama without anybody calling you out.

Damn dude, he is a fantastic wrestler who would have earned respect from the territory dudes for making shit look like a real fight.

There is nothing impressive about blasting a dude for real in Pro-Wrestling. Strong style is just about the dumbest shit I've seen in the business. Why? Because it's not a real fight, nor does it look like one. It's 2017. The veil is off. There is no point in pretending this shit is real, and certainly no point potatoing each other into an early retirement, to make it seem like it is.

Stop putting him in dumb fucking promos and have him knee people straight in the fucking face, and he will get over.

Look at what Roman Reigns was, until he was put in bullshit talking situations with crap Vince scripts.

There is nothing impressive about blasting a dude for real in Pro-Wrestling. Strong style is just about the dumbest shit I've seen in the business. Why? Because it's not a real fight, nor does it look like one. It's 2017. The veil is off. There is no point in pretending this shit is real, and certainly no point potatoing each other into an early retirement, to make it seem like it is.

I much prefer the method of stomping your feet on the mat when throwing a strike, as the sound helps with the impression of impact.

It doesn't look "real" but it sure as hell beats shitty forearm strikes.

With that said, I look at the extreme end of "strong style" like I do blading. I used to love it as a kid but now that I'm more observant as an adult, I look at the maps on the fireheads of wrestlers like Devon and Dusty Rhodes and think "you fucking idiots".

I like watching Nakamura wrestle and I do like the strong style, but breaking Austin Aries orbital was stupid, and Shibata potentially ending his career by headbutting the top of someones head is just a waste.

I like seeing stiff wrestling as long as it is done safely and for the love of the performers, leave the head alone.

Shibata was fuck stupid but you don't see Nak doing headbutts.

Aries was a wrestling accident. Most of Naks shit is very toned down safe striking despite looking effective. If you want to see what the Japanese actually do, then watch the bullshit on NJPW that Meltzer spills his seed over.

In the territory days dudes were smacking the hell out of each other 6 days a week and twice on Saturday but still had long careers. They didn't do the flying headbutt bullshit like Bryan or Benoit.

Nak and AJ are reaching 40 and they're still at the top of the game and safe workers.

Also anybody will take a blade twenty times over instead of a Brock elbow. Dude could have ended Orton's career. You blade, you get scar tissue. Nothing else.

Shibata was fuck stupid but you don't see Nak doing headbutts.

Aries was a wrestling accident. Most of Naks shit is very toned down safe striking despite looking effective. If you want to see what the Japanese actually do, then watch the bullshit on NJPW that Meltzer spills his seed over.

In the territory days dudes were smacking the hell out of each other 6 days a week and twice on Saturday but still had long careers. They didn't do the flying headbutt bullshit like Bryan or Benoit.

Nak and AJ are reaching 40 and they're still at the top of the game and safe workers.

Also anybody will take a blade twenty times over instead of a Brock elbow. Dude could have ended Orton's career. You blade, you get scar tissue. Nothing else.
Agree with most of it but Harley Race invented the diving headbutt.

You don't know, and apparently most don't either what Strong Style even is. It's not even about stiffing someone. It's generall a baby/heel dynamic except it's usually with teacher/student or some form of seniority. It's basically the passing of the torch or the babyface/junior fight from the under dog position. Then the baby/junior fires up and they they build the match to a climax with bigger and bigger moves. In America you have matches that have peaks and valleys to try and manipulate the crowd. In Japan it's a steady rise. Those are the two biggest differences in fans. In America you kind of kill the hype and keep them wanting more until the big finish. It's like when a girl is giving you a blowjob and she stops when you're gonna cum just so when it finally happens you're even more satisfied. In Japan it's like one long blowjob that get's better and better until you pop.

Pro wrestling=/=sexual innuendos

You don't know, and apparently most don't either what Strong Style even is. It's not even about stiffing someone. It's generall a baby/heel dynamic except it's usually with teacher/student or some form of seniority. It's basically the passing of the torch or the babyface/junior fight from the under dog position. Then the baby/junior fires up and they they build the match to a climax with bigger and bigger moves. In America you have matches that have peaks and valleys to try and manipulate the crowd. In Japan it's a steady rise. Those are the two biggest differences in fans. In America you kind of kill the hype and keep them wanting more until the big finish. It's like when a girl is giving you a blowjob and she stops when you're gonna cum just so when it finally happens you're even more satisfied. In Japan it's like one long blowjob that get's better and better until you pop.

Would love to see Sheamus in Japan doing strong style

No, what you described is just general booking of a match. Strong style is wrestling stiff. It's not that complicated.

Hmm strong style is making it look like a legit fight with more punches and kicks and subs as opposed to more flamboyant circusy shit. You don't have to stiff a dude though the Japanese love to do that. Which is Asuka bailed.

Last edited:
I enjoy the Japanese style...call it strong style, shoot style, whatever, but It's suffering from the same problem the US indie scene has had...constantly trying to up the bar. Shibata is a perfect example of that mentality...he went from working snug and taking stiff shots being part of a match to shoot head butts and taking stiff shots being the focus of the match. The volume keeps getting turned up to the point you only hear the thump instead of the music. It's a shame, but I don't see that trend stopping.

I enjoy the Japanese style...call it strong style, shoot style, whatever, but It's suffering from the same problem the US indie scene has had...constantly trying to up the bar. Shibata is a perfect example of that mentality...he went from working snug and taking stiff shots being part of a match to shoot head butts and taking stiff shots being the focus of the match. The volume keeps getting turned up to the point you only hear the thump instead of the music. It's a shame, but I don't see that trend stopping.

I don't see this so much as a wrestling problem so much as an audience problem. WWE can afford to play it safe (which is why they have a moderately high floor but a low ceiling). Everyone else is struggling to put butts in seats so they have to compete with a lot of other forms of entertainment. You can only watch the same guys put on the same match for so long. It's like ... it's both the blessing and the curse I have with 2K17 on the hardest difficulty against high-stat CPU opponents - every match is a 10/15/20 minute 4/5 star classic, with every signature and finisher for both opponents being kicked out of once. Even tho I literally change my signatures and finishers probably a couple times each play session, I can only really do maybe at most a couple of hours of that in a day before I need to pop in a different game. But in real life instead, you switch the channel unless they're doing something you haven't seen before.

Which is not everyone, as I touched on there is a large comfort element for a lot of fans, but it's not enough for non-WWE feds to live on.

I don't think you can separate a wrestling problem from an audience problem. The workers try more so the fans expect more...it's all related...a vicious cycle where no one wins and you get guys life Jeff Hardy who are my age but move like my grandmother.

No, what you described is just general booking of a match. Strong style is wrestling stiff. It's not that complicated.

You don't know shit about wrestling then. Just google Yuji Nagata and Strong Style, he'll explain it all.

You don't know shit about wrestling then. Just google Yuji Nagata and Strong Style, he'll explain it all.

Google "Strong Style Wrestling Definition". Nakamura isn't known as "King Of Strong Style" because of how he was booked.

Get a clue.

Google "Strong Style Wrestling Definition". Nakamura isn't known as "King Of Strong Style" because of how he was booked.

Get a clue.

Nakamura's gimmick isn't even dedicated to strong style. Literally Shibata, KENTA, and Morishima are more strong style than him

13327615_1153274694702997_3179149360146658672_n.jpg

13307281_1153274698036330_9133290239977304896_n.jpg

Anyways feel free to be wrong some more

Nakamura's gimmick isn't even dedicated to strong style. Literally Shibata, KENTA, and Morishima are more strong style than him

13327615_1153274694702997_3179149360146658672_n.jpg

13307281_1153274698036330_9133290239977304896_n.jpg

None of that says anything about what strong style is. It's a guy waxing poetic over typical booking of how a match goes. He's just talking about basic ring psychology, and pretending it's somehow more special when Japan does it.

Anyways feel free to be wrong some more

Strong style is a worked shoot. It is indeed all Inoki. If you want to add some extra bells and whistles on the definition, go right ahead, but the general idea surrounding Strong Style is that it's a worked shoot.

I repeat, get a clue.

None of that says anything about what strong style is. It's a guy waxing poetic over typical booking of how a match goes. He's just talking about basic ring psychology, and pretending it's somehow more special when Japan does it.

Strong style is a worked shoot. It is indeed all Inoki. If you want to add some extra bells and whistles on the definition, go right ahead, but the general idea surrounding Strong Style is that it's a worked shoot.

I repeat, get a clue.

it's Yuji Nagata, a pro wrestling legend and Daniel Bryans favorite wrestler. I'm sorry to tell you this, but his ramblings about pro wrestling mean more than you and a thousand marks combined.

Strong Style doesn't mean it's a worked shoot. That's shoot style. You don't know shit about shit in wrestling. Stay down jabroni.

Back